What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low/Sell High week 6 (1 Viewer)

FGITLOTR

Footballguy
I didn't see a thread yet, so I thought I would get things started:

Buy Low:

Kamara- after a week off, maybe his owner forgot how good he's going to be moving forward. He's become a big part of NO's passing attack

Moncrief- people are forgetting that Luck is coming back soon and he's the #2 option in that passing attack

DJax- he and Winston are getting closer on hitting big plays on a weekly basis--he should have some big games moving forward

Cooper-- it has to get better, right? I know what the #'s say and he's been terrible, but he's getting targets and should start producing 

Coleman-- playing roughly 40% of the snaps and with their WR core decimated by injuries, he will much more involved in the passing game. 

Wilson- he seemingly does this every first half of the season, only to explode down the stretch

Sell High:

Alex Smith- I just don't see this level of production continuing, despite Reid's offensive mastery 

Lamar Miller-decent showing the last two weeks, so it's time to sell

McCoy--still has the name value, but that offense lacks any weapons in the passing game. 

Gordon--after yesterday, it's the perfect opportunity to get off this train

Demarco--he's just about finished and Henry should start ascending by the fantasy playoffs, if not sooner

Watson-- I don't see this production lasting and he will definitely have a few bad games ROS

Jones-- the kid looked great yesterday, but he was playing the Dallas D and Monty will be back at some point 

I don't think Luck is coming back soon.  I also don't think Moncrief will see the target volume he'd need to be a reliable starter.  Decent bye week filler though.

I said it in the Cooper thread -- what's the endgame if you buy low?  Are you going to start him immediately so you don't miss the breakout game?  If not, are you going to feel comfortable starting him the week after the breakout game?  There are still a few months left in the FF season I suppose, but it's hard to envision a scenario where you're starting him with confidence at any point this year.  It's been 13 straight games now of lousy.

I wouldn't be selling Jones at this point.  He clearly had the Packers' confidence heading into the game, and he surely didn't do anything to cause them to lose it.  Obviously thing will get murky when Montgomery returns, but I'd take a wait-and-see approach (unless the Monty owner wants to pay up to get Jones).

Of course Watson won't be putting up 5 scores a week but he looks like he'll remain a legit QB1 all year.  Don't overthink it, just enjoy this WW home run.

Demarco--he's just about finished and Henry should start ascending by the fantasy playoffs, if not sooner
Will be hard to sell high I guess. DeMarco has had one good game, and that was two weeks ago, when his stats got inflated by his 75 yard touchdown run.

Murray has averaged less than 40 rushing yards in the other four games, with no touchdowns.

His ypc the last two weeks is a respectable 4.1 & 4.4. Henry's is 1.2 & 2.5. His ypc on the season is 4.9 compared to Henry's 4.3. Murray is fine. Game flow is killing him. If anything he's a  buy low and Henry is a drop.

His ypc the last two weeks is a respectable 4.1 & 4.4. Henry's is 1.2 & 2.5. His ypc on the season is 4.9 compared to Henry's 4.3. Murray is fine. Game flow is killing him. If anything he's a  buy low and Henry is a drop.
Now this is proper analysis. Nice. 

I'm not sure I agree Henry is a drop but yea game-flow is killing them both. I think Murray is fine as well but we need to adjust expectations without Mariota.

Now this is proper analysis. Nice. 

I'm not sure I agree Henry is a drop but yea game-flow is killing them both. I think Murray is fine as well but we need to adjust expectations without Mariota.
I own Henry and not Murray in two leagues and while I am not dropping him I certainly wouldn't blame someone for doing so with bye weeks here. He is only a handcuff at this point.

I think the window of selling high for McCoy has closed. First rounder who hasn't seen the end zone one time all season. His value is garbage right now. Best bet is to hold on and hope his 9 points each week isn't giving you too many losses before he turns it around. 

I think the window of selling high for McCoy has closed. First rounder who hasn't seen the end zone one time all season. His value is garbage right now. Best bet is to hold on and hope his 9 points each week isn't giving you too many losses before he turns it around. 
Julio hasn't scored either, has he? Nobody thinks his value is garbage. It's down, but it'll turn around. He has no competition for touches and the team is winning games. 

I would buy McCoy before I bought Murray because I trust his health more (hamstring issues come back sometimes). I think McCoy could still break out and produce at a high level this year. The usage is there and the Bills are playing tough each week. 

BUY LOW

Julio Jones -With Sanu most likely out this week, this will be the game Jones blows up (assuming he doesn’t break or pull something)

Rob Kelley - He is still the man in Washington. Game script and injury have limited him. If he gets his health back he will produce similar #’s to the second half of last season in a solid offense.

Sam Bradford - Loaded with weapons and a solid offensive line

T.Y. Hilton - Already starting to show signs of life and Luck’s return isn’t that far out. He could really help down the stretch

Doug Martin - I know this train most likely left the station, but as of early last week he was on a lot of ww's

Latvius Murray - Not many people seem to be taking him seriously, but he is going to get most of the carries in a very solid offense.

Sell High

Todd Gurley - Gurley and the Rams have looked great thus far, but they are coming into the tough part of their schedule. If yesterday was a sign I’d deal him now IF I could get a TON for him

Ben Roethlisberger - 35 year old qb’s coming off a 5 int game and talking retirement doesn’t fill me with confidence

Joe Mixon - I’ve seen enough to not really be impressed. Maybe you can still get something decent for him from someone who believed the preseason hype.

Christian McCaffrey - See Joe Mixon. Maybe you can get somebody to bite who believed all the hype in pre-season, but I don’t think he is going to add much this year. Out touched 21-7 by Stewart yesterday

Sell High

Todd Gurley - Gurley and the Rams have looked great thus far, but they are coming into the tough part of their schedule. If yesterday was a sign I’d deal him now IF I could get a TON for him

Ben Roethlisberger - 35 year old qb’s coming off a 5 int game and talking retirement doesn’t fill me with confidence

Joe Mixon - I’ve seen enough to not really be impressed. Maybe you can still get something decent for him from someone who believed the preseason hype.

Christian McCaffrey - See Joe Mixon. Maybe you can get somebody to bite who believed all the hype in pre-season, but I don’t think he is going to add much this year. Out touched 21-7 by Stewart yesterday
How are any of these sell "high"? All these guys are at their lowest values so far.

And how is Doug Martin a buy "low"? A week after putting up RB1 #s?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gurley just had his worst game of the year. Last week he was a sell high. This week his value is lower.
I still think he's the number 2 back in fantasy. I don't think anyone is going to be looking to give him away cheaply because of a bad game. 

BUY LOW

Julio Jones -With Sanu most likely out this week, this will be the game Jones blows up (assuming he doesn’t break or pull something)

Rob Kelley - He is still the man in Washington. Game script and injury have limited him. If he gets his health back he will produce similar #’s to the second half of last season in a solid offense.

T.Y. Hilton - Already starting to show signs of life and Luck’s return isn’t that far out. He could really help down the stretch

Doug Martin - I know this train most likely left the station, but as of early last week he was on a lot of ww's

Latvius Murray - Not many people seem to be taking him seriously, but he is going to get most of the carries in a very solid offense.

Sell High

Not really a fan of this list TBH.  Couple glaring issues:

Sam Bradford:  Even with how good he was week 1, he isn't a guy you're going to be trading for to be your QB1.  I'm a fan of his for sure, but he isn't fantasy gold.
Hilton:  It was said earlier, but I think Luck's return is farther out than you think.  He's also been putting up monster numbers the last few weeks, so I don't think he can be put in a "buy low" category.  "Buy Low" is for guys who HAVEN"T been doing well and should improve.  360 yards in the last 3 games, I don't think owners are going to sell him at a discount.
Doug Martin:  There is no chance that he was on "a lot of waiver wires last week".  None.  The guy was drafted in rounds 6-8 in all formats... If he wasn't drafted in the top 12 rounds that's insane.  And if someone dropped their top 12-round pick when they knew he'd be out, that's even crazier.
L. Murray:  How are you buying low on a guy who was picked up on waivers this week in every league?  A guy isn't going to pick him up and then trade him before we see what he does.
Big Ben:  Not sure what "high" you're selling him at.  He's at almost an all time low right now.

Not really a fan of this list TBH.  Couple glaring issues:

Sam Bradford:  Even with how good he was week 1, he isn't a guy you're going to be trading for to be your QB1.  I'm a fan of his for sure, but he isn't fantasy gold.
Hilton:  It was said earlier, but I think Luck's return is farther out than you think.  He's also been putting up monster numbers the last few weeks, so I don't think he can be put in a "buy low" category.  "Buy Low" is for guys who HAVEN"T been doing well and should improve.  360 yards in the last 3 games, I don't think owners are going to sell him at a discount.
Doug Martin:  There is no chance that he was on "a lot of waiver wires last week".  None.  The guy was drafted in rounds 6-8 in all formats... If he wasn't drafted in the top 12 rounds that's insane.  And if someone dropped their top 12-round pick when they knew he'd be out, that's even crazier.
L. Murray:  How are you buying low on a guy who was picked up on waivers this week in every league?  A guy isn't going to pick him up and then trade him before we see what he does.
Big Ben:  Not sure what "high" you're selling him at.  He's at almost an all time low right now.
I pick up players to flip sometimes but I agree Murray isn't a buy low.

I still think he's the number 2 back in fantasy. I don't think anyone is going to be looking to give him away cheaply because of a bad game. 
Probably not but the narrative the last few weeks has been "sell high, his upcoming schedule is brutal". Then he plays the first game of that "brutal" schedule and has a stinkfest, I am not so sure he can be considered a sell high anymore.

BUY LOW

Sell High

I don't think you understand the definition of Buy Low and Sell High.

TY Hilton is coming off a 7 for 177 game, and just two weeks early had 7-153-1. His value is sky high right now.

Doug Martin took back the backfield and put up RB1 numbers.  His value is not low.

Big Ben coming off a 5 INT game, saying he might not have it anymore, and he's a sell high?  Huh?

Joe Mixon looks crappy, yet he's a sell high?

Now if you just renamed your titles Buy and Sell, then perhaps...

Buy low on Ajayi?  It has to get better right?
I would trade him for Duke Johnson straight up at this point and be happy about it. This guy (and team) are hot garbage. At least Duke would get me 10-12 points like clockwork.

Buy low 

Stafford - low end QB1. Underrated. 

Ryan - low end QB1, he’s not hot but he’s not bad. 

Ajayji - low rb2 - attempts are there. 25 last game. Maybe he won’t be rb1 that he was drafted as but hell at least be startable in non ppr as a flex and Miami may get it together (stranger things have happened).

Mccaffrey - as a boom/bust flex bench stash. Upside stash. You’d be buying him at fair value. Was overpaid during draft which is why people are hating on him. No where to go but up.

Bryant - wr3/flex, he’s going to bust out at least once. Then you can sell or hold.

Marvin Jones - WW/wr4, I don’t think he’ll stay this low all season. At least you can buy low and sell high perhaps.

My strategy is to take advantage of any OBJ owners.  Offer them two WR2s for a borderline WR1 or RB1 if they have one to give.  Considering offering my Crabtree and Ty Williams for Brandin Cook after he just lost OBJ.

BUY LOW

Sell High

This doesn't make any sense.

Good luck buying low when those players on highs.. Good luck selling high coming off season worst performances.

My strategy is to take advantage of any OBJ owners.  Offer them two WR2s for a borderline WR1 or RB1 if they have one to give.  Considering offering my Crabtree and Ty Williams for Brandin Cook after he just lost OBJ.
Haha this is fair. I own obj and just traded away Evans for Baldwin, DT, and Watson. So basically two WR2s and a QB for my WR1

Mel Gordon as a sell high, huh? I just lost OBJ, however I have Amari Cooper who hopefully turns it around, followed by Alshon Jeffrey and a who's-who of Funchess, Will Fuller and Jaron Brown. Think I should try to trade Gordon and see what i can get for an RB/WR combo?

Sell High:

...Lamar Miller-decent showing the last two weeks, so it's time to sell
Actually I think he's a Buy Low. His usage is still very good and I think all pieces in that HOU offense are about to take off. There's a bye next week, but this week is Cleveland so I'm afraid that owners will probably want to hold, at least until next week, but if he has a great game... well, it may not be so easy. But CLE is actually a good run D so if he has a poor game followed by a bye, I think he's a get.

Sell High on Cohen while he still has great values (off his first 2 games)  ???
Try the Howard owner. - I view him as a Buy Low, but sometimes I think making a trade offer just convinces owners they have something great on their hands. I can't tell you how many times I've made a trade offer, on someone I just view as a backup or future value, and the owner declines it and then decides to start that guy right after. I'm thinking, 'I'm not telling you I think you're player is great, I'm saying I think your player is not great'.

Sell Low: Carlos Hyde.

- Shanahan Jr. is giving me the heebie-jeebies. Problem is everyone knows Hyde has a Shanahan 'hot hand' problem now. Hopefully he has a good game this week.

Sell Low: Carlos Hyde.

- Shanahan Jr. is giving me the heebie-jeebies. Problem is everyone knows Hyde has a Shanahan 'hot hand' problem now. Hopefully he has a good game this week.
Hyde owner in my league snagged Breida with the first waiver priority this week.  What a WDIS nightmare that's shaping up to be.

Try the Howard owner. - I view him as a Buy Low, but sometimes I think making a trade offer just convinces owners they have something great on their hands. I can't tell you how many times I've made a trade offer, on someone I just view as a backup or future value, and the owner declines it and then decides to start that guy right after. I'm thinking, 'I'm not telling you I think you're player is great, I'm saying I think your player is not great'.
At this point having Howard too is the only thing keeping me from dropping Cohen for a TE to cover Graham this week.

At this point having Howard too is the only thing keeping me from dropping Cohen for a TE to cover Graham this week.
Sadly have to agree, he's barely a hold in redraft. They just don't seem to know how to use him properly. Has value to the Howard owner but for most others, too many injuries and BYEs starting to bite.

Sadly have to agree, he's barely a hold in redraft. They just don't seem to know how to use him properly. Has value to the Howard owner but for most others, too many injuries and BYEs starting to bite.
Not really, Cunningham would be the direct back up to Howard. Cohen may get a few more touches but there is no way in hell Cohen touches the ball 20 times a game.

Not really, Cunningham would be the direct back up to Howard. Cohen may get a few more touches but there is no way in hell Cohen touches the ball 20 times a game.
Didn't say he was the direct backup to Howard, said he held value to Howard owners, the degree of which is only determinable if Howard misses time.

How does he hold value to a Howard owner when Cunningham would be the handcuff?
How do you know for sure Cunningham is the direct replacement and that it wouldn't be some sort of timeshare? Cunningham sucks anyway from what i've seen. My guess is Cohen would receive more touches than he currently does and is a more dynamic player, you think it would be 20 touches a game for Cunningham and same work for Cohen? I'd guess more of a 60/40 or 70/30 split which would mean Cohen holds value. Just an opinion, I don't claim to know.

How do you know for sure Cunningham is the direct replacement and that it wouldn't be some sort of timeshare? Cunningham sucks anyway from what i've seen. My guess is Cohen would receive more touches than he currently does and is a more dynamic player, you think it would be 20 touches a game for Cunningham and same work for Cohen? I'd guess more of a 60/40 or 70/30 split which would mean Cohen holds value. Just an opinion, I don't claim to know.
I don't know for sure but I doubt fox will use Cohen for more than 40% of the RB snaps based on his build. Let's hope we never have to find out as I own Howard though.

Good luck with giving Cohen that many carries. 
Cohen doesn't have to receive the entirety of Howard's touches to have his value increase with an injury to Howard.  He certainly wouldn't get 20 carries a game, but it would be foolish to think that he wouldn't be markedly more involved and receive more touches than he is alongside a healthy Howard.

SayWhat? said:
Cohen doesn't have to receive the entirety of Howard's touches to have his value increase with an injury to Howard.  He certainly wouldn't get 20 carries a game, but it would be foolish to think that he wouldn't be markedly more involved and receive more touches than he is alongside a healthy Howard.
Speaking of Howard, in ppr leagues, is he a buy-low now that Bears have a new sheriff (Trubisky) in town?  

Are people selling him low? He's definitely a low end rb1. name 12 rbs you'd rather have than him. 
Bell, Zeke, Gordon, McCoy, Hunt, Gurley, Freeman, Ingram, Anderson, Martin, Murray (Mariota back helps?), Ajayi (similar predicament but Cutler appears to be worse starting QB in the league).

Help me out....which RBs are the only ones you would have over him?

Users who are viewing this thread