What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

is this a fair trade? (1 Viewer)

Crystalsteam99

Footballguy
I'm helping a friend of mine with her league. A trade just passed and the Commish trades D Murray and Ginn for J Jones and D Cook(after his injury). It's a  12 team redraft league, 1/4 point per rec, 2 points for receptions or runs over 30 yards(something like that),4 points for a TD,  ..Only 3 people get to vote on the trade(the Commish being one of the voters)...The answer I got on why the trade passed was bc Ginn almost has as many points as Jones did and Murrays points basically balance it out,or something like that... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Dalvin Cook involved in a trade after he's out for the year? Why isn't he cut? Why would anyone take on a dead roster spot? 

Are there keepers in the league? Cause that would make more sense. But still, no collusion people can be as dumb as they want to be.

No I probably wouldn't play in a league where one of the owners wants to veto this trade and feels so passionately about it that he starts a thread on an FF message board.

I mean c'mon, sure we would probably all take Julio here but he only went a half round to a round earlier than Demarco in drafts and has underperformed at least as badly as Demarco if not more. It's not nearly terrible enough to get this worked up over. 

Are there keepers in the league? Cause that would make more sense. But still, no collusion people can be as dumb as they want to be.
I run a 2 keeper league and had a guy give away Melvin Gordon, Hilton and his 1st round pick next year for T. Montgomery, Thielen and a 7th round pick.  

Julio is under performing too, you are all worked up on the names. If it isn't collusion you don't veto. Voting on trades, or having a commissioner review them to see if they are fair is dumb and I would never play in a league like that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Collusion: secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

I'd love to know how people know that this isn't secret cooperation, do you all know the people involved?

Sorry, but if this is no keepers & this is after we knew Cook was done for the year, it should not pass.
Why is everyone getting all worked up about Cook? He is probably just in the trade to make it go through. A lot of leagues won't let you go over the roster limit on a trade. 

I will address the question brought up--would i play in a league like this.  Based on experience--I'd say "no". I've learned in the past that it's never a good idea to play in a league where trades can be veto'd through the votes of people who have a competitive interest in the same league where the said trade is being evaluated.   The trade should be allowed--but I would personally avoid playing in a league that involves any sort of votes regarding trades.   

I'd be interested in knowing what other RBs the team trading for Murray has. 

Some people get desperate for a RB and pay a lot more than you'd think they ought to. 

I will address the question brought up--would i play in a league like this. Based on experience--I'd say "no". I've learned in the past that it's never a good idea to play in a league where trades can be veto'd through the votes of people who have a competitive interest in the same league where the said trade is being evaluated. The trade should be allowed--but I would personally avoid playing in a league that involves any sort of votes regarding trades.
Having the ability to veto trades is bush league. We are a spiteful species, most people will veto just to be a ####.

I don't play in leagues that allow trades to be vetoed.  Sounds terrible.  Also, nothing wrong with trade in the OP.

I'm helping a friend of mine with her league. A trade just passed and the Commish trades D Murray and Ginn for J Jones and D Cook(after his injury). It's a  12 team redraft league, 1/4 point per rec, 2 points for receptions or runs over 30 yards(something like that),4 points for a TD,  ..Only 3 people get to vote on the trade(the Commish being one of the voters)...The answer I got on why the trade passed was bc Ginn almost has as many points as Jones did and Murrays points basically balance it out,or something like that... 

The league fee is $200 a team..I would be fuming if I paid money to play in this league and a trade like this went through...I just want to somehow show the league commish how BS the trade was.
No.

If you have vetoes (and you shouldn't), having the commish be one of three to vote on a trade he was part of is bad planning.

So basically. It's Jones for Murray and Ginn, with drop bait thrown in to make the trade pass. 

I think it's lame to question that trade. Seems more than reasonable

I'm trying to figure out which side you're upset with.  It's a redraft league, Cook is completely irrelevant.  Murray and Ginn for Julio.  You might want to put down the ADP chart and look at points produced in the past season and 5 games.

Nice edit too :rolleyes:

Collusion: secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

I'd love to know how people know that this isn't secret cooperation, do you all know the people involved?
Every one of my trades is done in secret and could be construed as a form of "cooperation".

Why do only three people vote on a trade ?  The commish gets to vote on his won trades ?     

Users who are viewing this thread