What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DraftKings Week 6 (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
Maybe I might do better if I focused on one site over the other, but can't help myself. 

Obviously the 3 top RB approach went horribly wrong last week for me.  Didn't feel great when I clicked the button, but was stubborn.  Don't think we ever should want to have 3 3K crapper guys in a cash LU. 

The $1M winner did the opposite - 3 high priced WRs, and paid down at RB.  I need to keep reminding myself that touches are really key here. Sure Bell and Gurley get 25/g, but Fournette and Gordon are right there and would have saved a few K in salary. 

I haven't started on LU construction yet, but all that said above, there is some really good value at WR this week (and RB), so we might be able to do what we want. 

WR guys that are probably too cheap:

D.Adams - priced lower than Cobb at 5.7.  Not sure how CBs LU, but do they expect Rhodes to be on him?  if not, this is probably a lock

Thielen (6.0) - seems to get the steadier targets of the two Minn WRs

the two AZ WRs with the last name Brown are both under 5K and both are seeing 7 targets/g.  Seems like John is the one that is heating up.

D.Jax and Humphries - just like we saw with Philly last week, Peterson might take out Evans and Az gives up a lot of points to the secondary WRs.

Crabtree and Cooper - looks like Carr might be back and Cooper is at 5K. 

Jets WRs - Kearse and RA are both under 5K, and I am guessing we think they will have to try to come from behind a bit in this one. 

Fuller (5.2).  Clev is actually quite good vs. the run, so Hopkins might have to pass a bit in this one, even if leading. 

Cheap RBs:

Abdullah (4.9):  Has burned everybody, but coach wants to run the ball, NO D kinda sucks, and most of the games he has seen close to 20 touches and 2-3 RZ looks

McGuire (4.6):  If Powell is limited, this is volume play vs. NE who just seems to stink right now (although seemed to be a little better on Thurs and it is a division game) 

McKinnon (4.1):  Thanks to being on MNF, his salary is really low still.  Saw 22 touches last game, and Zeke was able to do damage vs. GB. 

Kamara (4.5):  If McGuire and McKinnon are the chalkier plays, this is my gpp pivot.  People maybe overlooking him since NO was on a bye, but the last game they played he saw 10 targets, 5 rushes and SIX Rz looks.  Ingram is also cheap at 4.4K. 

D.Lewis (3.8):  gpp punt play only, but he seems to look good and has been slowly getting more and more touches. 

They have done a good job pricing up the TEs for good games and matchups.  The only <4K TE that I saw with a good matchup this week was Kittle at 3.4K.  Wash is averaging giving up 90yds/g to the TE on the year and 3rd most points, and this guy just saw a ton of targets (10 I believe) last game and 4 RZ looks.    The other one with a great matchup is Griffin in Houst, but DK priced him up b/c of the matchup and he is 4K. 

Basically every week we should be looking at which TEs start vs. the Giants and Browns

Last thing of note (too much coffee this morning, I guess) is they seemed to do a lot better job pricing up the QBs.  Very few options at that 5K range like we have been having. 

The couple that stood out:  McCown (gets the Pats, but he had a good matchup last week and sucked), Keenum (assuming Bradford is out), K.Hogan (assuming he starts over Kizer - Houst is without Watt again, and they have allowed the 6th most pts to Qbs on the year.  He also has a bit of rushing floor too for cash).   Otherwise everybody decent is 6K and up. 

SO - if I wanted to do the usual 3 stud RBs for cash, I came up with something like this on the fly:  Keenum - Hunt/Fournette/Freeman - Cooper/Fuller/JohnB - Kittle - KC.   Don't mind that at all would like to find that extra 700 to get from Cooper to Adams though.  Wonder if it's worth dropping to Hogan and dropping from KC D for that?

Something slightly different was:  Carr - Hunt/Fournette/McKinnon - Hogan/Adams/J.Brown - Kittle - KC. 

Interesting week. 

Thanks Karma, always enjoy this thread. I sucked again last week which is odd, usually on a low average week I do well because I tend to be more of a cash lineup player.  I'll chime in after i have a chance to look at stuff.

This is it. My last week of casual status. It's all going in play.

Pricing seems way easier this week, hope that works out.

Current cash lineup is:

Brees
Kamara
L Miller
Garcon
Marvin Jones
Thielen
ASJ
Fournette
Ravens

1st draft cash lineup

Hogan

Hunt, Fournette

Adams, John Brown, Hopkins

Njoku

McKinnon

Ravens
I really like the Hunt/Fournette combo this week.  I am trying to get myself away from having tunnel vision about it, but they have two of the best matchups.  Obviously that Cleveland stack is a little risky, but I like that it got you Adams and Hopkins in there too plus a good D option. 

I really like the Hunt/Fournette combo this week.  I am trying to get myself away from having tunnel vision about it, but they have two of the best matchups.  Obviously that Cleveland stack is a little risky, but I like that it got you Adams and Hopkins in there too plus a good D option. 
If Hogan doesn’t start I was looking at dropping down to the Tampa D and putting Brate at TE and that would put Keenum at QB 

Update on TE:  Miller is only 2.9K, Trubisky looked to him 7x on MNF, and Balt can be beat with the TE.  Might be another salary relief option if needed. 

Just messing around with lineups right now. Went with a heavy WR lineup.

Watson

Kamara/XXXXX

Hopkins/Mike Thomas/Chris Hogan

Miller

Davante Adams

Tampa

This gives me $5200 left over for my 2nd RB. A few RBs in this price range that I can plug in are: Duke Johnson, Chris Thompson, Abdullah, McKinnon, Elijah McGuire, Demarco Murray

SaturneParis said:

Watson

Kamara/XXXXX

Miller

Davante Adams

Tampa

This gives me $5200 left over for my 2nd RB. A few RBs in this price range that I can plug in are: Duke Johnson, Chris Thompson, Abdullah, McKinnon, Elijah McGuire, Demarco Murray
Maybe go with McKinnon and take the extra money and see what upgrade you can get at TE

SaturneParis said:

Watson

Kamara/XXXXX

Miller

Davante Adams

Tampa

Is this a cash LU?

IF you are really looking at something like this, I probably would go with 2 cheaper RBs - maybe pair Ingram + McKinnon?  Not sure if that would get you up to AB, but might be worth a look there too. 

Current cash LU:

Hogan - Hunt/Fournette/Ingram - Hopkins/Adams/Crowder - Miller - Wash.

I currently have that Hunt/Fournette combo on both sites, so I might tone down the amount I play in cash a tad.

Couple gpp ideas I had were Winston + Humphries + D.Jax or Evans.  We saw last week with Philly that if Peterson takes out the WR1, that opens it up for the other guys.  On the flip side, Evans is too cheap, and he could get peppered with targets and still could pay off that salary on DK.  Could run it back with a cheap AZ WR or two and get almost any RB you want in there.  

Another is Carr + Crabtree and Cooper and running it back with Allen or Henry.  I also might throw $1 at Ben + Brown + JuJu or a Cousins stack. 

Current cash LU:

Hogan - Hunt/Fournette/Ingram - Hopkins/Adams/Crowder - Miller - Wash.

I currently have that Hunt/Fournette combo on both sites, so I might tone down the amount I play in cash a tad.

Couple gpp ideas I had were Winston + Humphries + D.Jax or Evans.  We saw last week with Philly that if Peterson takes out the WR1, that opens it up for the other guys.  On the flip side, Evans is too cheap, and he could get peppered with targets and still could pay off that salary on DK.  Could run it back with a cheap AZ WR or two and get almost any RB you want in there.  

Another is Carr + Crabtree and Cooper and running it back with Allen or Henry.  I also might throw $1 at Ben + Brown + JuJu or a Cousins stack. 
Any worries on Fournette ankle? What do think about a Hunt/Freeman combo or a Hunt/CJ Anderson and DenverD?

Do you like any of these for my cash lineup?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, have two slight variations for cash, which do you like ?

Alex Smith/Hunt/Fournette/Hopkins/Adams/JuJu/Z.Miller/Ingram/Bucs

Winston//Hunt/Fournette/Hopkins/Adams/Ricardo Lewis or Roger Lewis/Z.Miller/Ingram/Bucs

Any worries on Fournette ankle? What do think about a Hunt/Freeman combo or a Hunt/CJ Anderson and DenverD?

Do you like any of these for my cash lineup?
I haven't looked into Fournette's ankle. 

I really like both of those other combos too, I forgot that you play the the Thurs-Mon for your league.  If I could, I would play CJA, and might use him for FD cash.  The guys I wrote down for cash possibility were Fournette, Hunt, Freeman, CJA, Ingram, McKinnon, J.Allen, so I think any combo of those guys would be fine, especially if you are pairing with Denv D. 

Ok, have two slight variations for cash, which do you like ?

Alex Smith/Hunt/Fournette/Hopkins/Adams/JuJu/Z.Miller/Ingram/Bucs

Winston//Hunt/Fournette/Hopkins/Adams/Ricardo Lewis or Roger Lewis/Z.Miller/Ingram/Bucs
Oh man, we are all aboard the JuJu train in this thread!!

I would slightly prefer #2 with Ricardo, but it's close.  Just a tad worried about the KC injuries, and don't know if I would put both Smith and Hunt in there.  IMO both look solid, but hey, I pitched a no-fer last week too, so take that for what it's worth. ;)

Talk me out of this lineup for GPPs....

ARod - Ingram - McKinnon - DHop - Davante - Amari - Engram - Kareem - Washington

Like the ceiling of all these players and think ownership will be down on Amari and ARod.

Is this a cash LU?

IF you are really looking at something like this, I probably would go with 2 cheaper RBs - maybe pair Ingram + McKinnon?  Not sure if that would get you up to AB, but might be worth a look there too. 
Yes, cash LU but I am not 100% sold on it. I really like running 3 RBs, so I may go the Hunt/Fournette route. Just playing around with lineups for now. Nothing set in stone yet.

What does everyone think about Jacobi Brissett/T.Y Hilton stack? They did well for me last week, and this week they're playing a weak Titan's def. 

Brissett

McKinnon/Ingram

Antonio/Hilton/Hopkins

Zach Miller

Davante Adams

Tampa

For cash LU

They have done a good job pricing up the TEs for good games and matchups.  The only <4K TE that I saw with a good matchup this week was Kittle at 3.4K.  Wash is averaging giving up 90yds/g to the TE on the year and 3rd most points, and this guy just saw a ton of targets (10 I believe) last game and 4 RZ looks.    The other one with a great matchup is Griffin in Houst, but DK priced him up b/c of the matchup and he is 4K. 

Basically every week we should be looking at which TEs start vs. the Giants and Browns
Martellus Bennett has a solid match-up actually, MIN is 25th DVOA vs TE. At 3600 he is a nice pivot play from Davante Adams.

Talk me out of this lineup for GPPs....

ARod - Ingram - McKinnon - DHop - Davante - Amari - Engram - Kareem - Washington

Like the ceiling of all these players and think ownership will be down on Amari and ARod.
I like it.  A lot of the main/chalky guys in there, but I think Engram and Cooper will be low enough owned to differentiate. 

Yes, cash LU but I am not 100% sold on it. I really like running 3 RBs, so I may go the Hunt/Fournette route. Just playing around with lineups for now. Nothing set in stone yet.

What does everyone think about Jacobi Brissett/T.Y Hilton stack? They did well for me last week, and this week they're playing a weak Titan's def. 

Brissett

McKinnon/Ingram

Antonio/Hilton/Hopkins

Zach Miller

Davante Adams

Tampa

For cash LU
I like the LUs that you have been posting, but I do wonder if you will be putting yourself at a disadvantage in cash not using that 3rd RB on a week like this. Don't know the answer, just thinking out loud here.

Cash

Hogan

Anderson, Hunt

Hopkins, Adams, Crabtree

Miller

McKinnon

Denver 

Cash 2

Watson

Hunt, Fournette 

Hopkins, Adams, JuJu

Miller

McKinnon

Tampa

On a scale of 1-10, how crazy is this for cash?

Brees - Fournette/Hunt/Freeman - Humphries/Crowder/R.Louis - Kittle - Atl

Doing all $1 H2Hs this week and then entering it in a $1gpp and 25cent contest just in case (always do that with my cash LU). 

Doing all $1 H2Hs this week and then entering it in a $1gpp and 25cent contest just in case (always do that with my cash LU). 
Same here. I play in my $3 league and the rest $1,$2,$3 50/50 and enter my cash lineup in .25 gpp. 

Cash

Hogan

Anderson, Hunt

Hopkins, Adams, Crabtree

Miller

McKinnon

Denver 

Cash 2

Watson

Hunt, Fournette 

Hopkins, Adams, JuJu

Miller

McKinnon

Tampa
My $3 leagues pays out the most of any thing I enter besides the small gpp

which lineup is the better for my league?

I have entered both in 50/50 and the .25 gpp

You got the big 3 and Brees. Don’t think it’s that crazy

My $3 leagues pays out the most of any thing I enter besides the small gpp

which lineup is the better for my league?

I have entered both in 50/50 and the .25 gpp
It's close, but I would probably go with 2 just because of the extra pop if Watson + Hopkins hits again.  I think either are good though.

You got the big 3 and Brees. Don’t think it’s that crazy
That's kinda what I thought.   We will see, as this didn't work last week at all, but I also had to dip to a bottom basement QB and D to fit them in, and I think the cheap WRs were more of a gamble last week.  Louis got 10+ targets with Hogan last week, AZ and Peterson funnel targets to the #2/#3 WRs and Humphries has been getting work anyway.  I think the risk is with Crowder as he hasn't done a ton yet.  I still have 400 left, and could also drop back to Miller for a different WR like John Brown or Gabriel instead of Crowder.

That's kinda what I thought.   We will see, as this didn't work last week at all, but I also had to dip to a bottom basement QB and D to fit them in, and I think the cheap WRs were more of a gamble last week.  Louis got 10+ targets with Hogan last week, AZ and Peterson funnel targets to the #2/#3 WRs and Humphries has been getting work anyway.  I think the risk is with Crowder as he hasn't done a ton yet.  I still have 400 left, and could also drop back to Miller for a different WR like John Brown or Gabriel instead of Crowder.
Yea I like Gabriel with Sanu out. I tried fitting him but couldn’t do it to work 

Some interesting Vegas movement. 

JAX-LAR is basically a pick'em now. I was already a fan of Gurley this week so this is nice to see.

Lots of action on the Browns. Maybe the unknown of Hogan, and the injuries to Mercilus/Watt... 

Bettors seem to be losing interest in the Lions. Saints may run away with this one.

I'm all of the Falcons D. Good god that spread is now at -13.5

Bears-Ravens seems like it is going to be a close game. Something like 20-17 Ravens.

Some interesting Vegas movement. 

JAX-LAR is basically a pick'em now. I was already a fan of Gurley this week so this is nice to see.

Lots of action on the Browns. Maybe the unknown of Hogan, and the injuries to Mercilus/Watt... 

Bettors seem to be losing interest in the Lions. Saints may run away with this one.

I'm all of the Falcons D. Good god that spread is now at -13.5

Bears-Ravens seems like it is going to be a close game. Something like 20-17 Ravens.
Still don't understand line movement fully, but like your post as I have a good bit of Atl, Hogan is a main gpp Qb, and have a handful of Gurley. 

Well, the chalk cheap guys are hitting, and I am pitching another no-fer on the week so far.  Just might be out of DK funds after this week. :(

I’m still hanging tough. 3rd right now in my league and placing in a couple of my 50/50
I am getting smoked in H2Hs.  Not sure how I managed to do it, but I think 13 of the 15 people I picked are sitting at 145pts or more.  Basically everybody had Watson, Ingram, McKinnon, fitz, and Balt. 

Oh, and I think 5 or 6 have the rotogrinders logo as their pics. Love that you don't see those until the games start. 

I am getting smoked in H2Hs.  Not sure how I managed to do it, but I think 13 of the 15 people I picked are sitting at 145pts or more.  Basically everybody had Watson, Ingram, McKinnon, fitz, and Balt. 

Oh, and I think 5 or 6 have the rotogrinders logo as their pics. Love that you don't see those until the games start. 
Ouch

Put 5 entries in a .25 gpp and 2 cashed for a total of $3 leaving me with $4.15 in my bankroll. I'll be joining KP playing $1 a week until I hit or bust.

This is it. My last week of casual status. It's all going in play.
I should do this more often, lol. Apparently still have casual status even though I crossed 500 lineups this week. Have not hit the huge payday, but another nice withdrawal week. I just noticed that a lot of the Pick 'Em style casual double ups have a lot of overlay, so tried to capitalize on that. One $25 this week was less than 50% filled so everyone was a winner. Might start peeking into NBA to see if I can get some free money there as well.

KarmaPolice said:

I ran into the same thing.  I did around 25 $5 head to heads and won 22 of them.  Most of them posted 150+ with some above 180.  Damn Rotogrinders show talked me off of McKinnon and D Adams and onto Buck Allen and Humphries.  I know, I make my own choices. yada yada... 

Nice! are you nailing both formats, or is more of the $ from your league?
Both. I’m 3rd right in my league which pays $7. I’m up 21 on the next guy and he has either Doyle or Walker at TE so hopefully it can hold. It looks like my other 50/50 should hold up also. Looking good so far for 3rd week in a row with a profit. 

I did decent this week thanks to these two lineups. I pulled the Saints D at the last minute in a couple other lineups or it would have been a really good week. 

196.80: Watson, Fournette, McKinnon, Fitz, Fuller, Julio, Brate, Ingram, Steelers. 

179.88: Brady, Gordon, Peterson, Fuller, Gabriel, Tate, Kelce, McKinnon, Ravens. 

The main mistakes I made were fading McKinnon for Kamara in every other lineup in GPP. I also didn't go heavy enough on Peterson even though I really liked him this week.

I should do this more often, lol. Apparently still have casual status even though I crossed 500 lineups this week. Have not hit the huge payday, but another nice withdrawal week. I just noticed that a lot of the Pick 'Em style casual double ups have a lot of overlay, so tried to capitalize on that. One $25 this week was less than 50% filled so everyone was a winner. Might start peeking into NBA to see if I can get some free money there as well.
Well that's an interesting strategy for Sunday mornings! Thank you :)

I did decent this week thanks to these two lineups. I pulled the Saints D at the last minute in a couple other lineups or it would have been a really good week. 

196.80: Watson, Fournette, McKinnon, Fitz, Fuller, Julio, Brate, Ingram, Steelers. 

179.88: Brady, Gordon, Peterson, Fuller, Gabriel, Tate, Kelce, McKinnon, Ravens. 

The main mistakes I made were fading McKinnon for Kamara in every other lineup in GPP. I also didn't go heavy enough on Peterson even though I really liked him this week.
Nice lineups. I've been awful and still trying to figure out this DFS stuff. I just joined FantasyLabs on the 5 day $15 trial to see if that can jumpstart me. I generally know who the best plays are for the most part. It's just a matter of having the amount of money invested to create the combinations required so that all of the players you have throughout your all of your lineups are all rolled into one.

My week was too heavily invested in Freeman, Hogan, and Hopkins I guess. I had most of my lineups built with them. It's interesting to see the different types of tools that are out there for DFS. I like the data at FantasyLabs, although there isn't much of a community to discuss things like there is here. That's probably what I'm most disappointed about. Would be nice if a place had mentors for new subscribers to teach them the ropes. After all, you want to keep selling those subscriptions.

Users who are viewing this thread