What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop Cohen? (1 Viewer)

need2know

Footballguy
PPR

Start qb, 2 RBS, 3 wrs, te

Rodgers, rivers

Gordon, Martin, Mack, Cohen

M. Thomas, Fitz, Hogan, Cobb

Graham, fleener

Drop cohen for j. Rodgers to backup Martin?  Nothing else there. Cohen is worthless imo

PPR

Start qb, 2 RBS, 3 wrs, te

Rodgers, rivers

Gordon, Martin, Mack, Cohen

M. Thomas, Fitz, Hogan, Cobb

Graham, fleener

Drop cohen for j. Rodgers to backup Martin?  Nothing else there. Cohen is worthless imo
Since you only have 4 RB's it makes the most sense to me to get Rodgers to lock up the TB backfield, I would drop Fleener before Cohen though if it wasn't for the SEA bye.

I'd probably take a chance on Rodgers still being there next week, who would pick him up at this point besides you the Martin owner.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761478-ww-rb-kelleybreidacollins/

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't drop Cohen for Quizz at this point.  If the Bears coaches will ever wake up and see that Cohen is their best offensive player he might start to have value again.  I would give it another week or two with Trubisky under center and see if they start to throw passes to Cohen again.  If they don't then I could see dropping him. 

I do agree waiting a week and dropping Fleener once Graham is done with his bye is the better choice. 

Agree with the other guys. I'd much rather drop Fleener instead of Cohen for Quizz. It may take some time, but I believe Cohen will find his way back into the offense. You can stream TE if needed. Tough to do the same at RB, even with a guy who has little value at the moment. 

I also have the same issue, but I think you should ride out Cohen at least this week, if you can. See if Trubisky will find him this week, now that he has a game under his belt and a week of practice

My obvious man crush on Cohen took a bit of a hit after advising people to start him all last week.

Having said that, even after last week's game, Cohen has seven more receptions than the next highest Bear with 25 to Kendall Wright's 18.

Trubisky looked pretty good even though the team around him didn't help him very much.  I'm hoping as he gets more settled in with the offense he will see Cohen as the weapon he is.  

Of course he needs to be on the field more than he has been the last two games.

You can't drop him in a PPR league at this point.

My obvious man crush on Cohen took a bit of a hit after advising people to start him all last week.

Having said that, even after last week's game, Cohen has seven more receptions than the next highest Bear with 25 to Kendall Wright's 18.

Trubisky looked pretty good even though the team around him didn't help him very much.  I'm hoping as he gets more settled in with the offense he will see Cohen as the weapon he is.  

Of course he needs to be on the field more than he has been the last two games.

You can't drop him in a PPR league at this point.
I don't think it is a coincidence that his playtime and targets have taken a significant hit once Bennie Cunningham came back from injury.  Cunningham was injured the first three weeks and finally came back healthy the last two.  For some reason the coaches would rather use Cunningham over Cohen and that is causing the concern.

Hopefully the coaches smarten up and start using Cohen again.  He is far and away their biggest offensive threat.   

Users who are viewing this thread