What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Annoying things in your league you wish would change (1 Viewer)

LaFours

Footballguy
Sorry, but I need to vent a bit here.

There is this agreement we have in the league where if one owner seeks advice from another owner(s) on a potential trade those owners agree not to interject with their own offer to either owner. 

I have had no issue with this, the trades seemed to be hashed out fairly quickly. That was until recently when these two owners have been going back and forth on a deal for the third week now. I approached the commissioner who was the one that initially proposed this kind of arrangement, that there should be a “clock”on these trades. If someone also has interest in making an offer to one of these owners for a player they can’t since this trade has been wide open with nearly every combination of players being discussed.

Anyway that is my rant. I’m annoyed by both of these owners it shouldn’t take a month to come up,with a trade both agree on.

Thanks for reading if you did

That's some severe over-regulation you have there.  If you need this agreement to be that ironclad you are playing with the wrong people.  Everyone should be able to follow a gentlemen's agreement about not poaching an offer but after a couple days that's out the window.  Get it done or get out of the way.

Stupid rule in general.  If you don't want me to poach your deal, keep your mouth shut.  If I hear about it and have a better deal, I'm going to jump on it.  It's fantasy football, not insider-trading on Wall Street.  Dumb rule.

Do the guys in your league SERIOUSLY have nowhere else to consult about a possible trade other than the other guys in the league??

I’m sure they have other resources. I don’t mind offering an opinion on a trade offer.its this notion of well you can’t get involved if you know about a deal being worked. 

Thanks I thought I was being out of line by being upset by these two playing around

Waivers.  8/12 make playoffs. Waivers will run weekly based on standings. So the 0-4 team is getting the best players in a short bench league.  If they win 2 games they are right back into playoff contention. 

Positional roster limits, 3 QB, 5 RB, 6 WR, 2 TE, 2 Def.

Most weeks that's fine but some weeks I want 3 TE, or 6 RBs, let me manage my own team dammit.

Dynasty. FCFS free agent pickups during the games. Waivers only run for dropped players. 

So a guy has an injury in the 2nd quarter of some ####ty AFC south game no one is watching and his backup comes in a dominates, whoever gets an alert or is watching NFL network or checking twitter constantly scoops him up. 

I like to hang with my family on Sundays after the Vikes game. Not check my phone all day so as not to miss out on a player. 

Would love to change my 1-4 record. Annoying. 

We went to faab and no trans fees (upped the entry fee to acct), best changes we've ever made. I would like to move away from leaguesafe. Any suggestions?

Also we used to do all of our drafts in person. Now have folks that live in different states so that's something I would like to change back to. We've talked about having a draft party in New Orleans or something like that but my friends are cheap, lazy, and unorganized. 

Other owners won't trade. If I pull off one deal a year it's a surprise... And not for a lack of asking/prodding.

LaFours said:

There is this agreement we have in the league where if one owner seeks advice from another owner(s) on a potential trade those owners agree not to interject with their own offer to either owner. 

I have had no issue with this, the trades seemed to be hashed out fairly quickly. That was until recently when these two owners have been going back and forth on a deal for the third week now. I approached the commissioner who was the one that initially proposed this kind of arrangement, that there should be a “clock”on these trades. If someone also has interest in making an offer to one of these owners for a player they can’t since this trade has been wide open with nearly every combination of players being discussed.

Anyway that is my rant. I’m annoyed by both of these owners it shouldn’t take a month to come up,with a trade both agree on.

Bizarre that folks in your league are revealing the offers they're considering to other owners.

I'd not be happy if my offers were being publicized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Ben tosses 5 int's 2 for TDs..still gets 4.1 pts should've been automatic -5 for his score. throw 4 or more picks, -5 on the day regardless of the positive things you do in the game

I'm in a keep 3 league that allows trading of draft picks (these aren't rookie picks but redraft picks with 36 keepers removed).  Love that aspect because if you can't make a player for player deal work, you can also toss in a pick to make things even.  Or you can just buy the player straight up for a future pick. Thus, there was lots of trading which was fun.

New rule this year says no owner can have more that 6 picks in rounds 1-5 so no one is really trading picks anymore.  Rule was put in place so no one bailed on year n and just acquired picks for year n+1.  But many tried that and it never worked so I don't think we needed the rule and I miss the trading.

Owner voting on trades.  

I make trades that are in my best interests, and for some reason, other owners are allowed to run my team by vetoing a trade because that’s what is in their best interests.

Do you guys all live in the same house like a frat, how does everyone know about others trade negotiations? Do you make an announcement? "Everybody Im A and Im trying to Trade with B so leave us alone!!!!"

This reeks of namby pambyness, who cares who talks to who about a trade, you either get a trade done or you dont, anyone should be able to trade with anyone up until the trade deadline.

Other owners won't trade. If I pull off one deal a year it's a surprise... And not for a lack of asking/prodding.
Hate this.  Every year in my one league there are only 4 people that will trade, 2 others will entertain an offer.  the other 6 you'll be LUCKY to even get a decline.

Owner voting on trades.  

I make trades that are in my best interests, and for some reason, other owners are allowed to run my team by vetoing a trade because that’s what is in their best interests.
Hate this also, luckily after 15 years, I posted a Matthew Berry article "Veto the Veto" and we voted and abolished it.

Hate this.  Every year in my one league there are only 4 people that will trade, 2 others will entertain an offer.  the other 6 you'll be LUCKY to even get a decline.
Same here. Mine seems like an inactive league, where people take their consensus picks and just won't pull the trigger on anything that benefits both. 

Frustrating. 

Most weeks that's fine but some weeks I want 3 TE, or 6 RBs, let me manage my own team dammit.
This!! In a league where you must have 2 QB, 6 each RB and Wr, 3 TE 2 K, 2 Def at all times. WTF needs 3 TEs? Makes trades a pain too because can't just trade a RB for a WR have to do 1 of each.

at least once a year somebody complains about a scoring setting that has been there for years.  before the season starts no one ever proposes any kind of scoring change. but every year these same people complain about the same setup.  a couple years back i proposed a slight scoring change. got no support.  later that same season someone complained about the exact thing i was proposing to have changed!

Same here. Mine seems like an inactive league, where people take their consensus picks and just won't pull the trigger on anything that benefits both. 

Frustrating. 
Mine is the same. However, it's chaotic on waiver night, literally everyone in the league adds and drops like lunatics every week but ask for a trade, it's like you want to murder their first-born. I'd drop but it's a long running league with old work friends and draft night alone is worth staying in for.

What a great thread. Been wanting to vent about this for quite some time.

I've been playing in a league with some family and friends for 10 years. When the commish started the league he wanted it to be a high scoring league. He implemented point per carry as a scoring stat  :wall:  I can't stand it, but I can't just leave the league as it is family and friends that I see and interact with on a daily basis. Every year I bring it up to change the scoring system and take out the point per carry but every year it gets voted to stay. 

End of rant.

Just curious does anyone play in a league with point per carry scoring?

Thanks for letting me share.

Talked trade with two separate 1-4 owners this week. Both of them in last place, have scored the two least points in the league. Both need an upgrade at WR big time. Both of them said they didn't want to trade because 'I'm only a game out of the playoffs'. 

To quote Jim Mora....PLAYOFFS?? 

First of all, even with another win apiece, they wouldn't make the playoffs based on every single tiebreaker we have, so that's wrong. Secondly - IT'S WEEK SIX. Third - Your team isn't scoring points, you need to make a change. Not trading because things might just work out (after five weeks have shown it won't) is beyond frustrating to deal with. 

We can only do 3 add/drops per week. Before CBS started with a mobile app some years ago we had put this in place because not everyone could get to their website to make moves after the waiver run Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Some guys' places of employment blocked anything having to do with Fantasy Football (like my employer). Now, I don't think it's necessary to have the limitation.

Waivers.  8/12 make playoffs. Waivers will run weekly based on standings. So the 0-4 team is getting the best players in a short bench league.  If they win 2 games they are right back into playoff contention. 
Sounds like your waiver system is working.

Talked trade with two separate 1-4 owners this week. Both of them in last place, have scored the two least points in the league. Both need an upgrade at WR big time. Both of them said they didn't want to trade because 'I'm only a game out of the playoffs'. 

To quote Jim Mora....PLAYOFFS?? 

First of all, even with another win apiece, they wouldn't make the playoffs based on every single tiebreaker we have, so that's wrong. Secondly - IT'S WEEK SIX. Third - Your team isn't scoring points, you need to make a change. Not trading because things might just work out (after five weeks have shown it won't) is beyond frustrating to deal with. 
Maybe they don't think you're making good offers.

LaFours said:

I don't even understand how you would enforce this rule - which is a bad rule anyway (a guy should be able to shop a player around to other teams).

What a great thread. Been wanting to vent about this for quite some time.

I've been playing in a league with some family and friends for 10 years. When the commish started the league he wanted it to be a high scoring league. He implemented point per carry as a scoring stat  :wall:  I can't stand it, but I can't just leave the league as it is family and friends that I see and interact with on a daily basis. Every year I bring it up to change the scoring system and take out the point per carry but every year it gets voted to stay. 

End of rant.

Just curious does anyone play in a league with point per carry scoring?

Thanks for letting me share.
0.1 per carry in one of my leagues, but one point per carry is crazy.  Your first three rounds must be all RBs :)

isn't this how waiver should work? help bottom teams stay competitive for the season. if this was big money ultra competitive league, then agree it's a terrible way to run the league. but if it's a normal shark league with friends who know what they are doing with a couple of guppies thrown in like majority of the leagues out there, good rule imo.

Frustrating. 
this. also, being among the better players in the league, most of my offers are met with "what do you know that you're trying to screw me?" i'm not always trying to screw them...

My league has been like this for 25 years....takes a majority to change, and that’s like pulling teeth. 

It’s really a benifit to the owners that work the wire for depth 

This. also, being among the better players in the league, most of my offers are met with "what do you know that you're trying to screw me?" i'm not always trying to screw them...
Yeah I think there is a natural inclination to not want to be on the "losing" side of a trade. For some reason weeks later we don't remember how making that trade would have benefited our team but we always remember when we traded away the guy who went on to have a great season.

isn't this how waiver should work? help bottom teams stay competitive for the season. if this was big money ultra competitive league, then agree it's a terrible way to run the league. but if it's a normal shark league with friends who know what they are doing with a couple of guppies thrown in like majority of the leagues out there, good rule imo.

this. also, being among the better players in the league, most of my offers are met with "what do you know that you're trying to screw me?" i'm not always trying to screw them...
No.  Most leagues I play in if you make a waiver claim you go to the back of the line, some weeks you don't make a move to climb to 1st and can hold that spot until you see fit.

When 8 teams make the playoffs and the 1-3 teams get the best guys every week while the 2-3 guys have no shot puts a imbalance on some things.

The annoying thing in my league I wish we would change is Return Yards given for individuals as well as Team Defenses. 20 yards per point for individuals, 10 yards per point for defenses. 

So you can essentially own Tyreek Hill and KC defense and double dip on return yards

League has first com-first served waivers...at any time during the week, even if the game has started.  You can't play them in that same week, but if Tom Brady goes down with a knee injury, someone can grab Jimmy G in the middle of the game to use going forward.  It's good when you have the time to watch the games and know of all of the goings on, but if you are busy for the day, you can get sniped without even knowing it.

League also does week 17 championship game.  League founder will not change because he likes having 3 divisions where teams play each division team twice and the rest once.

League has first com-first served waivers...at any time during the week, even if the game has started.  You can't play them in that same week, but if Tom Brady goes down with a knee injury, someone can grab Jimmy G in the middle of the game to use going forward.  It's good when you have the time to watch the games and know of all of the goings on, but if you are busy for the day, you can get sniped without even knowing it.

League also does week 17 championship game.  League founder will not change because he likes having 3 divisions where teams play each division team twice and the rest once.
FCFS during game waivers would drive me nuts. 

Was just trying to be friendly. Didn't realize I was gonna get crap for saying 'Dude'. 
Kidding Reg about the dude and brah.

But you should have made an offer (miss 100% of shots you don't take yadda, yadda), and keep making offers to them (delay is not denial yadda, yadda, yadda).  Sometimes you just need to push a little harder, give up a little more and generally show them that you can be flexible to get someone to the table.

This is what some people want America to be.

Users who are viewing this thread