What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random encounters with unbelievable stupidity (1 Viewer)

RokNRole

Footballguy
Was chatting with a hostess at work last night . We were discussing differences between NY and TX. She made a joke about NY, can't remember what it was exactly because the next part was so shocking, and I responded ( jokingly. Not like I would get offended over something like that) " Well we were a state before Texas so suck on that".

Her: " What? I didn't know that".

Me: " Are you serious? It was one of the original 13 colonies".

She looks confused.

Me: " Do you know what the 13 colonies were"?

Her : "No"

I was in shock and tried to give her a quick US history lesson but a few tables started coming in. 

Shes 22 and a criminal justice major. If she actually becomes a lawyer I pity anyone that gets assigned her as their public defender.

Was chatting with a hostess at work last night . We were discussing differences between NY and TX. She made a joke about NY, can't remember what it was exactly because the next part was so shocking, and I responded ( jokingly. Not like I would get offended over something like that) " Well we were a state before Texas so suck on that".
any True Texan would have come back with "well, we were our own country"

She looks confused.

I was in shock and tried to give her a quick US history lesson but a few tables started coming in. 

Shes 22 and a criminal justice major. If she actually becomes a lawyer I pity anyone that gets assigned her as their public defender.
Yeah, but she could be earning a couple $100K a year while you are still working at a restaurant/bar.

I was taking a deposition last week and questioning someone on her emails.  

One of them had a response sentence that consisted of "LITTLE LOAN for payday!!"

I asked about the loan. 

We went back and forth not understanding each other until she said "No, it's an expression. You haven't heard it? Really? Like 'There isn't money in the accounts to pay our vendors, little loan for payday.'"

"Do you mean 'let alone'?"

"Maybe."

Last edited by a moderator:

She looks confused.

Yea, but in her defense New Yorkw as the lamest of the 13 colonies.

I was at an air show a few years ago.  There was a teacher and a group of students standing around a small plane.  The teacher was trying to teach them how planes fly.  She said, "Planes fly because the shape of the wing removes the gravity from the plane."  

Me:  :shock:

My Wife:  :unsure:

We still joke about things flying because something "removes gravity."

Henry Ford said:
I was taking a deposition last week and questioning someone on her emails.  

One of them had a response sentence that consisted of "LITTLE LOAN for payday!!"

I asked about the loan. 

We went back and forth not understanding each other until she said "No, it's an expression. You haven't heard it? Really? Like 'There isn't money in the accounts to pay our vendors, little loan for payday.'"

"Do you mean 'let alone'?"

"Maybe."
definitely a french benefit girl.

Saw the start of War for the Planet of the Apes...

A pretty little lady I was with was somewhat amazed...

"They got all those monkeys to ride horses!?"

:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread