What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Philadelphia at Carolina, TNF Week 6 (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
I was bored and wanted to talk about the game. So here we are. 

Who would have thought Eagles vs Panthers week 6 would have so much meaning for the NFC at the beginning of the year? I hope this is a great game tonight.

How well do PHI homers feel Mills and Robinson will match-up against KB and Funchess?
Robinson has been playing way better than anyone thought he could at this stage of his career and Mills is fearless. I think they can hold their own against bigger WRs. It's the speedy guys that usually burn them. They've been keeping every thing in front of them and making plays this year. 

That said, when the game is over they could have played well and KB or Funchess could have 6 or 7 catches for close to 100 yds. So who knows.

Robinson has been playing way better than anyone thought he could at this stage of his career and Mills is fearless. I think they can hold their own against bigger WRs. It's the speedy guys that usually burn them. They've been keeping every thing in front of them and making plays this year.

That said, when the game is over they could have played well and KB or Funchess could have 6 or 7 catches for close to 100 yds. So who knows.
The closest comp I can find is BMarsh who turned in a 8/66 line against what I'm assuming was Mills. But yeah, I keep reading that they should match-up well vs. bigger/slower receivers. I'd still have a hard time sitting either against a secondary who has given up so many points to WRs, especially over the last three weeks.

The closest comp I can find is BMarsh who turned in a 8/66 line against what I'm assuming was Mills. But yeah, I keep reading that they should match-up well vs. bigger/slower receivers. I'd still have a hard time sitting either against a secondary who has given up so many points to WRs, especially over the last three weeks.
I wouldn't sit them if you own them. Cause the Eagles have had lapses but not as many as last year. Mills seems to get better every week.

On a side note I can't imagine what the defense will look like next year when we have Darby, Sid Jones, Mills and Douglas as our CBs.

How well do PHI homers feel Mills and Robinson will match-up against KB and Funchess?
Sports radio host was saying that this week is a good matchup for the Eagles CBs,............... more so than the previous weeks.......... as the Eagles CBs should be able to keep up with them in the speed department.  Eagles have CBs who are slower.  That being said...he felt the Eagles CBs would be battling for jump balls all night and success in that dept. would determine their success. 

They seem to tackle really well....

Probably the only time you and I are on opposite sides! 

I'm admittedly concerned, though, with the injuries, esp. Lane Johnson, after what happened during last year's suspension.
:boxing:   The Panthers are still without their starting center, Kalil. I imagine the Eagles will get to Cam a time or two. The Panthers starting safety, Coleman, is still out as well.

agreed, depends partly on Carolina's line.  If Eagles bring usual pressure, they should be fine.  If CAR figures out how to handle it, things could get a little rough.

agreed, depends partly on Carolina's line. If Eagles bring usual pressure, they should be fine. If CAR figures out how to handle it, things could get a little rough.
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that if PHI is able to pressure Cam that the WRs will be fine or won't be fine?

A lot of Funchess' success has come during blitzes for whatever that's worth.

I was bored and wanted to talk about the game. So here we are. 

Who would have thought Eagles vs Panthers week 6 would have so much meaning for the NFC at the beginning of the year? I hope this is a great game tonight.
The only thing that could hold it back is that Thursday night games usually blow

Could be a NFC Championship game preview tonight or at the very least a big game for tiebreakers. 

What is this about Fletcher Cox playing?  Has he even practiced in the past 2 weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord help me, I am compelled to start Wentz tonight. My normal starter is on the by, and Wentz  has been superior regardless. 

Thursday night football has  mostly been the suck,  The Carolina Panthers defense is legitimate. 

I guess I’ll hope for two touchdowns and 300 yards as a ceiling? Ugh

Lord help me, I am compelled to start Wentz tonight. My normal starter is on the by, and Wentz  has been superior regardless. 

Thursday night football has  mostly been the suck,  The Carolina Panthers defense is legitimate. 

Start him.  He's the man

Hoyer or Wentz, thats close for me. I'ts a short week and they're on the road vs a decent D.

Hoyer is likely behind and throwing a lot, plus with Norman out, Hoyer will get his.

I have Wentz and Winston, I'm starting Winston. 

Really impressed by the Eagles this year, have definitely earned their record and their ranking as a top contender in the NFC.

Super interesting matchup for all reasons mentioned. @Long Ball Larry, I think you peg this absolutely right. I have less faith in the Eagles’ secondary as they’ve been torched in yards the past 2-3 weeks, but they are more solid up front and can be downright fearsome in pass rush.

This aspect of the game will either help them control the game and make CAR one-sided...or it’s going to be another impressive big night for Funchess.

What is this about Fletcher Cox playing?  Has he even practiced in the past 2 weeks?
Found these :shrug:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet  2h2 hours ago

Big potential boost for #Eagles: DLs Fletcher Cox (calf) & Beau Allen (foot) are both pushing to play, I’m told. To be monitored in warmups.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet  2m2 minutes ago

#Eagles DLs Fletcher Cox and Beau Allen are both active. That’s good news for Philly.

Probably his floor.  If he breaks his leg between now and game time.

Hot Sauce Guy said:

I'm with you. I avoid Thursday players when I can, but my other QB is Mariota, who may not play

Mystery Achiever said:
Go for it. I benched Blount (for Lynch), so I am sure he'll have a great game.
Every week I start him he gets 1 carry......lets hope its a good one. :hifive:

i'm pretty sure Deion is one of the most annoying people they could have on camera. No idea how an exec somewhere thinks people want to hear him

Users who are viewing this thread