What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I've got a SERIOUS problem and need help solving (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
As the title mentions, this problem is SERIOUS... SUPER SERIOUS!!!

I'm a big cereal eater, I love cereal - Lucky Charms, Cookie Crisp, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Rice Crispies, Cocoa Crispies, and the list can go on. I've been struggling to get my fix on Lucky Charms lately and here is the SERIOUS ISSUE at hand; both my kids open it up and go straight for the marshmallows, this morning I poured myself the saddest looking Lucky Charms bowl ever, it had ZERO marshmallows. This is an ongoing problem, but today was the first time I wound up with literally no marshmallows.

I was thinking about putting a bear trap or something in the box, nothing too crazy, but something to send the message as our marshmallow talks obviously haven't been well received by them.

Buy your own box and hide it in a taller cabinet or your bedroom closet.  You're welcome.

I'm a big cereal eater, I love cereal - Lucky Charms, Cookie Crisp, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Rice Crispies, Cocoa Crispies, and the list can go on. I've been struggling to get my fix on Lucky Charms lately and here is the SERIOUS ISSUE at hand; both my kids open it up and go straight for the marshmallows, this morning I poured myself the saddest looking Lucky Charms bowl ever, it had ZERO marshmallows. This is an ongoing problem, but today was the first time I wound up with literally no marshmallows.

I was thinking about putting a bear trap or something in the box, nothing too crazy, but something to send the message as our marshmallow talks obviously haven't been well received by them.
proactively take out all the marshmallows from the Lucky Charms box and put them in a plastic baggy that is out of reach of your kids. Dole out appropriately for yourself and the kids when you are eating cereal.

Buy your own box and hide it in a taller cabinet or your bedroom closet.  You're welcome.
They'll see me eating it and I'll never have a peaceful bowl of cereal.

Switch to Cracklin’ Oat Bran.   :thumbup:
No.

proactively take out all the marshmallows from the Lucky Charms box and put them in a plastic baggy that is out of reach of your kids. Dole out appropriately for yourself and the kids when you are eating cereal.
Ugghhh, could work but sounds very labor intensive. 

Put together a fake article with BREAKING NEWS that a new discovery has been made that the marshmallows in Lucky Charms make you stop growing. Show to your kids. All kids want to get bigger. Meanwhile it's okay for you to eat since you're already a fully grown adult.

Bonus points for when other parents start hearing this BS from your kids' friends. 

Put the bag of LC in a Fiber One box. 

As a cereal junkie myself I employ the high cupboard after the go to bed technique for my Honey Graham Oh's addiction. But I think my son's onto me.

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't they make a "naturally colored" version... where everything looks washed out? get that. 

or just have them main-line pixie stix instead.

Have you tried to use the code on the inside of the box to try and win a box of all marshmallows?

didn't they make a "naturally colored" version... where everything looks washed out? get that. 

or just have them main-line pixie stix instead.
Wait, wat? I've never heard of these... Do they taste the same? CALLING ALL FBG'S WITH THIS EXPERIENCE, CEREAL BAT SIGNAL IS UP!

Have you tried to use the code on the inside of the box to try and win a box of all marshmallows?
Looks like they're is a healthy all marshmallow alternative available as I found out upthread.

Have you ever considered turning off the TV, sitting down with your children, and beating them?
Affirmative, didn't work...

A good prank to play on your kids is to open up the box of Lucky Charms from the bottom, then remove all the marshmallows, then seal it back up.

If the "marshmallow talks" aren't working, escalate to sanctions and threaten to nuke them off the face of the earth.

Wait, wat? I've never heard of these... Do they taste the same? CALLING ALL FBG'S WITH THIS EXPERIENCE, CEREAL BAT SIGNAL IS UP!
Mom's Best Mallow Oats

I haven't had them in a while, but I remember them being pretty comparable.  MOM's best is just Malt-O-Meal's "natural" line of cereals (and M-O-M was bought by Post a couple of years ago).

shuke's the resident expert here on all things cereal. pm him.
Cereal Draft exposed Shuke. Had Quisp overrated and Buc Wheats were nothing more than a bye week pick up.   

Normally I'd listen to anything food related from the man - but for the life of me I can't let that go.

Cereal Draft exposed Shuke. Had Quisp overrated and Buc Wheats were nothing more than a bye week pick up.   

Normally I'd listen to anything food related from the man - but for the life of me I can't let that go.
:lmao:

He should at least have one last opportunity to defend himself @shuke

Put a fake Oat Bran box around it?
They're nosey little shipts, they'll spot those marshmallows the second they land in my bowl.
Pour from two boxes at the same time.  A little bit from the marshmallow-less box of Lucky Charms and a lot from the bag of your fresh Lucky Charms in the Oat Bran box.  If they see marshmallows in your bowl, tell them they came from the box of Lucky Charms, and they must have missed some of them when they tried to clear it out.

Then laugh to yourself as you eat your cereal and watch them scrounge through the box searching for those non-existent morsels.  They deserve it.

They'll see me eating it and I'll never have a peaceful bowl of cereal.

Ugghhh, could work but sounds very labor intensive. 

IDK if the solution is to feed my kids marshmallows for breakfast.

They're nosey little shipts, they'll spot those marshmallows the second they land in my bowl.

Affirmative, didn't work...

Sounds awful.

Please remove all innuendo like this from this thread and take it to the sub-forum.
I'm beginning to think you you really don't want solutions to your problem.

Buy a box of Lucky Charms.  Remove all the marshmallows by hand.  Soak them in rat poison.  Let them dry.  Return to box.  Shake box vigorously.  Put back in cabinet.

These Band-aid fixes others are suggesting are only going to alleviate the problem short-term. 

Check out the marshmallow section in your grocery store.  There is a dried product my daughter uses for her hot chocolate.  It is in a plastic bottle.  Essentially they are lucky charms marshmallow bits, though all are white and none have a shape other than barrel-shaped.  They are also a bit tinier than the lucky charms ones, but they will supplement nicely.  Don't let the kids see these or they will rifle through them too.

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=marshmallow+bits&FORM=SHOPPA&originIGUID=2C76AD7C1D7F47BE8A384CB08C169EA5

Buy a box of Lucky Charms.  Remove all the marshmallows by hand.  Soak them in rat poison.  Let them dry.  Return to box.  Shake box vigorously.  Put back in cabinet.

These Band-aid fixes others are suggesting are only going to alleviate the problem short-term. 
:lmao:

My FAKE NEWS idea would absolutely work. My kid is too young for this but my dumb little nieces will believe anything they read online. 

I wasn't allowed to eat candy for breakfast. So that's an option. But realistically, the rat poison might be your best option.

Users who are viewing this thread