What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cubs vs Dodgers (1 Viewer)

I don't think the Cubs are in that bad of a position for game 1.  Either Quintana or Lackey can take the ball.  If it turns into a bullpen game, things could get dicey but it's October

Looking like Lackey or Q will be on the bump
Call me crazy, but I don't mind Lackey pitching game 1.  He had some quality starts in high pressure games to finish the season against St. Louis and Milwaukee.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been to a lot of ballparks but Dodger Stadium cranks the PA louder than I've heard elsewhere.  It's like NBA level volume.

The announcers are saying the guy was safe after the over turn and the rule is bad.

The way I see it, the catcher blocked the plate.. Looked like a good over turn.  Why is the rule bad?

The announcers are saying the guy was safe after the over turn and the rule is bad.

The way I see it, the catcher blocked the plate.. Looked like a good over turn.  Why is the rule bad?
Because the rule was made to stop contact.  That was an in between play that wasn’t meant to be covered by the rule 

Because the rule was made to stop contact.  That was an in between play that wasn’t meant to be covered by the rule 
Kind of like the replay of the pick off of Lobaton in the NLDS.  Not what the rules were designed to cover

Kind of like the replay of the pick off of Lobaton in the NLDS.  Not what the rules were designed to cover
Yeah, I hated that pick off replay.. Definitely against the spirit of the rule.

I like getting calls right, but man I dislike replay in football and baseball.   It works well in tennis tho

What choice did the runner have to make an effective move to the plate tho?  He has to smash the catcher hard given how he was positioned

So game wasn’t necessarily conceded, but most Chicagoans knew what was going to happen.  I’m not happy they wasted a great start from Q, but series starts tomorrow. 

Throw brought him into path. His leg was the issue. 
Right, I saw the leg, and so I kind of agreed with the over turn and the rule, but the announcers hated the rule/call.   The runner's only choice was to crush the catcher if he wanted to score though.  Seems like the rule is designed to keep the catcher from being blind sided, which doesn't seem bad.

What choice did the runner have to make an effective move to the plate tho?  He has to smash the catcher hard given how he was positioned
If he slid sraight to the plate feet first and wiped the catchers foot out of the way he'd have been safe imo

Users who are viewing this thread