What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you date a woman that was a 5/10 on looks? (1 Viewer)

That is why man invented the light switch

Never went to bed with an ugly woman..     woke up with a few

No, I wouldn't. Has to be an attraction and I don't think a 5 out of 10 gets me there. 

I certainly would never rule it out. If a woman was a 5 out of 10 in regards to looks (let's say killer body, slight butter face), but smart, fun to be around and great in bed- that easily puts her up to a 7.5-8.5 as a total package.  

More of an age issue than a beauty issue, but I quit sex - not really that long before it would have quit me - because i simply couldnt get it up for what i could get when i got old & fat. As i've said in these pages before, the women one chooses to love remain attractive through age and infirmity (my Mary was shrunk in half by 2 yrs of bone cancer but remained as beautiful to me as the day we met) but my eyes lost their relativity toward meeting new women in my age group as i seniored and, between that difference and effect of sags & sandbags & wind & withering on sex making it actually putrid to me as the shallow pretense of an art i had greatly enjoyed, i just decided to stop.

Now, after 3 yrs of tending 90yo+ peeps, i am badly in need of tending myself. But the old bias remains. There's a gal who's been after me since HS - pleasant, round Irish gal who wasnt up to my standards backinaday but has actually aged quite well - who lives near my sister so i see her when i bring the folks down for visits. Her hub died recently and she's been making it clear she'd like someone to take care of again. Even though she's gone from a 5 to almost an age-relative 7 and is as sweet as maple syrup, I just can't do it. I would hate both boinking badly & pretending a warmth for formth that isn't there soooo much I prefer to stay in a void that ends only at death. Happy Sunday, everyone!!

I dated a few 8's and it wasn't so bad. Just go with doggy style if her less than perfect face becomes a distraction. I'd imagine a 5 is similar, except you have to be drunk or stoned all the time.

Yeah, no.

Mostly to not hurt her when I inevitability got bored.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a 5. somewhere between this before and after picture.

This woman cut down to get to the average BMI for a 30 year old which is 27 in the USA.  At my height of 5-11 the average woman weighs 195.  At 5-5 looking at 170.  A 5 is average.  She is, average.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qkRDcyXkWE8/ToPRW5KljFI/AAAAAAAAADk/30gV0eLxzlA/s1600/ShannonRfront.jpg

I'd say a true 5 in today's world falls somewhere between this before and after picture.  Clearly if you clean her up, strip the glasses get her a decent haircut and some spanx she might pass as ok.  

This woman cut down to get to the average BMI for a 30 year old which is 27 in the USA.  At my height of 5-11 the average woman weighs 195.  At 5-5 looking at 170.  A 5 is average.  She is, average.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qkRDcyXkWE8/ToPRW5KljFI/AAAAAAAAADk/30gV0eLxzlA/s1600/ShannonRfront.jpg

I'd say a true 5 in today's world falls somewhere between this before and after picture.  Clearly if you clean her up, strip the glasses get her a decent haircut and some spanx she might pass as ok.  
Whoa. 

But does she have a post-doc research gig?  

5: Starting to be unattractive, but certain qualities work in her favor. Nothing major, but minor problems are more common

Visual:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/offdee Scale/TOS5c.png
If that is the hypothetical 5, then this is an easy question.  She is no beauty but at least has a nice smile and a decent body.  Given her intelligence and superb personality, conversation would certainly be stimulating and enjoyable.  I would definitely be attracted to her.  The question is whether or not she would be interested in the losers on this board.  I imagine this hypothetical girl could do better than most of us.

Yea, that makes this more challenging than the 5 presented by offdee.  I don't think I could get it up for her regardless of how cool and fun she might be.  I would rather be abstinent.

Yes. She makes 6 figure salary doing research from postdoc work.
like 100k..  or like 350?

100 doesn't impress me anymore.. but anything over 200 and my intrigue is up... and also jobs like that generally mean some travel.. so i can use more VR pr0n

Yea, that makes this more challenging than the 5 presented by offdee.  I don't think I could get it up for her regardless of how cool and fun she might be.  I would rather be abstinent.
Offdee's scale does not take into account a true average.  He basically works on a median system where in the real world the median hot girl is probably a full standard deviation from the mean due to the obesity crisis in this country.   That is, assuming you aren't into fat chicks.  

Offdee's scale really is the, if all women were a BMI of <22.  how do you scale women based on attractiveness?  Except this isn't reality.

I would say a 7 in this world is probably a BMI of 25 and also attractive.  Those are exceedingly rare in the USA at age 30.   

Offdee's scale does not take into account a true average.  He basically works on a median system where in the real world the median hot girl is probably a full standard deviation from the mean due to the obesity crisis in this country.   That is, assuming you aren't into fat chicks.  

Offdee's scale really is the, if all women were a BMI of <22.  how do you scale women based on attractiveness?  Except this isn't reality.

I would say a 7 in this world is probably a BMI of 25 and also attractive.  Those are exceedingly rare in the USA at age 30.   
Nope. It's a bell curve. There are simply more 4-6's in the world than there are 1's and 10's. 

Not funny, truth. I'd rather just be single than be with less than a 7.  I can find a 7+ with other great charecteristics than just looks...so not interested in being with someone I'm not attracted to. 
I agree.  The 5 would only be a slump busting drunken hookup. But if I was drunk the 5 might look like a solid 7.

Nope. It's a bell curve. There are simply more 4-6's in the world than there are 1's and 10's. 
Your scale gives no account of BMI and the images scale you use has mostly normal weight individuals to the back end of the curve.  

If you want to throw out overfatness as a metric to attractiveness fine, but own it.  

I can't say I've ever met a woman with a 10 personality.  I mean a true 10 is a nationally amazing personality -- the MENSA of nice and witty.  And if I did, I'm guessing that this perfect personality would start to be annoying really quickly.

Your scale gives no account of BMI and the images scale you use has mostly normal weight individuals to the back end of the curve.  

If you want to throw out overfatness as a metric to attractiveness fine, but own it.  

Overweight is clearly a flaw stated starting within the definition of a 4 (and then obviously assumed with anything lower). 

4: Not attractive. Major flaws start piling up (overweight, blemishes, etc.)

Overweight is clearly a flaw stated starting within the definition of a 4 (and then obviously assumed with anything lower). 

4: Not attractive. Major flaws start piling up (overweight, blemishes, etc.)
The problem in this logic is the average woman IS overweight and the overweight curve is out one and a half standard deviations. I mean 1 st. dev places 30 yr old USA woman somewhere in the 29-34% body fat range.  

I would argue a 6 is where overweight should show up.  There really isn't any valid reason to say otherwise unless you just want to start your scale where overweight is centered on 4, which is fine I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread