What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY Giants at Denver (1 Viewer)

Going to be a fun one - Chiefs lose and Raiders lose while Broncos are warming up. Mile High should be electric.

Going to be a fun one - Chiefs lose and Raiders lose while Broncos are warming up. Mile High should be electric.
They really need to win this one. One of the Raiders or Chiefs are going to win and lose before they play next Sunday. 

Hard to see how the Giants could even be competitive in this one. Anything but a blowout for Denver would be a bad sign for the Broncos

Again, Gallman and Darkwa have been physical strong runners the last few games.

Will be interesting to see if the Giants keep lining up multiple TEs at WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst SNF matchup I can recall. I thought NBC had the the option to flex out of these?
I like the storylines in this game. I kinda think Denver isn’t as good as they seem, and the Giants have reinvented themselves and may be doing more with less. 

Very entertaining so far. 

I think I would've liked to see another run and maybe a play fake off the run on 3rd, but Giants actually have a lead so hey.

The Giants are doing yet another new line combo, and Pugh/Fluker looked GOOD that drive.

Eli pulls that ball down 1 second earlier he walks it in. 
"Eli" and "walks in" don't really go together.

The funny thing is with all the injuries and issues with the Giants... if you can force Denver to keep throwing with Siemian that's not the worst thing in the world. If the Giants had a few WR weapons maybe people wouldn't think it would be so lopsided.

I think it's interesting the TE-at-WR combos McAdoo has shown the 1st drive. Already he's had Engram, Adams, and 4th TE Matt LaCosse line up as wide receivers. Denver can't continue playing this straight up, at some point they may need to have one of their better corners on Engram.

Should that not be 2 sacks on one play for JPP? A strip of the QB, then a tackle of the QB in the pocket... I've never seen that before. A bit interesting...

That’s a terrible call. He coulda made that catch. It hit him on the hands. Not the ST dude’s fault return man’s arms are fulll extension. 

Should that not be 2 sacks on one play for JPP? A strip of the QB, then a tackle of the QB in the pocket... I've never seen that before. A bit interesting...
If anything it was “FF” with a strip (no sack) then QB recovers, then he sacked him.

no 2 sacks. If 1st is a strip sack the play is over. 

If anything it was “FF” with a strip (no sack) then QB recovers, then he sacked him.

The play isn't over, but after Manning gets the ball back, it's a fumble recovery and his yards are counted as return yards fom the point of recovery.

If Manning managed to go backwards THEN be tackled by JPP, he could earn a TFL but not another sack.

thought there was offsides jump

Went back and replayed it - sure looked like it

Yeah Denver is in full "We are sitting short and DARING you to beat us deep" mode. I know Giants are trying to play it conservative, but it they are going to take a shot it's going to be with Tavarres King.

I said it last year, imma say it this year. Darkwa looks like the Giants best back.

but...

cant tell if nfl caliber RB, or just the best of the sorry bunch of scrubs the Giants have.

i really like how he gets tiny and pops though little holes - he’s got some power. Would like to see his speed & hands...

he looks legit out there. 

Well... Look at it this way. If JPP strips that ball and one of his teammates (or a Bronco's OL) recovers, then JPP gets a sack. If Siemian fumbles it himself without contact, recovers, and JPP tackles him it's a sack for JPP. What's the difference?

FWIW, I've never liked the rule that dictates a striped ball on the QB is scored as a sack.

DJ Fluker with the MASSIVE block. Sprung the whole thing.

Don't discount Wayne Gallman Jr. Hot Sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread