What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My wife ruined boxed Mac & Cheese (1 Viewer)

Snickers

Footballguy
We had a pretty simple dinner tonight, burgers and boxed Mac & Cheese. Kids like it and pretty darn simple. Somehow my wife messes up the Mac & Cheese directions and puts in about three times the amount of milk in the directions. Pretty comical that she could mess up something so simple.

She felt bad as it had no cheese flavor since it was like soup in the pan. Now I feel bad as she is struggling to eat all of it but I don't know a better way for her to learn from her mistake except be forced to eat all that crap down.

We had a pretty simple dinner tonight, burgers and boxed Mac & Cheese. Kids like it and pretty darn simple. Somehow my wife messes up the Mac & Cheese directions and puts in about three times the amount of milk in the directions. Pretty comical that she could mess up something so simple.

She felt bad as it had no cheese flavor since it was like soup in the pan. Now I feel bad as she is struggling to eat all of it but I don't know a better way for her to learn from her mistake except be forced to eat all that crap down.
You are forcing her to eat it?

No you don't. If you did, you wouldn't make her eat $0.50 worth of ruined food. 

Yeah, a thread about being a controlling domestic abuser is totally a funny way to pass the time on the internet. This isn't at all terrible. 

Yeah, a thread about being a controlling domestic abuser is totally a funny way to pass the time on the internet. This isn't at all terrible. 
was listening to local sports radio the other day. can't remember how they got on the topic of marriage and growing up but the host (maybe early 50s?) said he grew up in an era when "women in a marriage were.. for lack of a better word.. employees of their husbands. my mother was my dad's employee. she was there simply to do whatever he wanted done and he paid for everything."

was a really weird few minutes of frank radio 

strange to think that sort of thing still exists in America in 2017

My wife ruined mac n' cheese once as well.  Her mistake was reading "don't rinse" as "don't drain" and she tried to boil out the entire 6 cups of water.  I only caught it when I was like, "why is it taking like 15 minutes to cook mac n' cheese?"  I'm still not sure how the noodles actually still held their shape because as soon as I put a bite in my mouth it disintegrated into mush and tasted awful.

We threw it away and ordered pizza.  Then we made love.  I miss not having kids.  :sigh:

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife also ruined boxed mac and cheese. But it's because she makes the most ridiculously amazing homemade mac and cheese, so now the other stuff just doesn't cut it anymore

And the sad thing is, she probably envisioned it as burgers and bites with mac and cheese as the bites. And messed up the task because she can't provide you a restaurant experience. And now you're going to #### on her for it? #### you, dude. I'd love for a woman to try and cook for me like that and be my confidant. I don't get this attitude, really. I don't get anything about it. 

Leave this #### to the pros; we do it better than you.  

If it was Annie's Organic Mac n Cheese, it was way more than .50 or $1.00, trust me on this. We probably have 12 boxes in the organic boxed section of our pantry.

rockaction said:
And the sad thing is, she probably envisioned it as burgers and bites with mac and cheese as the bites. And messed up the task because she can't provide you a restaurant experience. And now you're going to #### on her for it? #### you, dude. I'd love for a woman to try and cook for me like that and be my confidant. I don't get this attitude, really. I don't get anything about it. 

Leave this #### to the pros; we do it better than you.  
Relax, it was a joke. Perhap one in poor taste but pretty sure I'm not giving my wife #### for making a joke on an anonymous message board. I think only you and Squiz took it at face value. We both laughed at the fact that she messed it up. 

I do find it funny that you would get on anyone's attitudes towards women though when some your posts show a resentment towards women. It bubbles up from time to time, typically with a regurgitation of the fact that you went to college in an extreme feminist area. I suspect it comes from hearing from these women that they wanted to be valued for their minds and not their bodies yet observing them not be attracted to you and your mind because of your physical appearance. 

It seems your most meaningful relationship with a woman was with a stripper you wanted to marry. Near as I can tell you never had any interactions with her outside the strip club. You have no idea about relationships let alone marriage.

Relax, it was a joke. Perhap one in poor taste but pretty sure I'm not giving my wife #### for making a joke on an anonymous message board. I think only you and Squiz took it at face value. We both laughed at the fact that she messed it up. 

I do find it funny that you would get on anyone's attitudes towards women though when some your posts show a resentment towards women. It bubbles up from time to time, typically with a regurgitation of the fact that you went to college in an extreme feminist area. I suspect it comes from hearing from these women that they wanted to be valued for their minds and not their bodies yet observing them not be attracted to you and your mind because of your physical appearance. 

It seems your most meaningful relationship with a woman was with a stripper you wanted to marry. Near as I can tell you never had any interactions with her outside the strip club. You have no idea about relationships let alone marriage.
Okay. Fair enough. I have definite political views on gender. But I have no resentment towards "women." I simply view them as "people." I love them, as I love all people. I don't even think there's a distinction, really. It's weird to hear it, even. 

The stripper is a long story if you want to hear it. It's a good story. Otherwise, I have plenty of female relations that aren't nearly as commodified. And I could have been married, just never chose to be. 

Sorry if my comment set you off, it was pretty dumb on my end to do so. 

Anyway, I should want you to know I have done my best, As I'm sure you have, too. Others are bound to us, the gentle and blameless Whose names are not confessed In the ceaseless palaver. My dearest, the clear unquaried blue Of those depths is all but blinding.- Hecht

"Everywhere you are is beauty

In every way, artistic grace, a form not yet defined." 

That's what I wrote her.  

That's how you get the hottest stripper in New England to scream your name out as you're walking out the door from a sad mother####er giving a stripper a valentine to king of the world. Gotta love it.  

She remembers. ####### if she don't.  

hmmm boxed mac and cheese never heard it said that way                         a box of mac and cheese yes 

If it was Annie's Organic Mac n Cheese, it was way more than .50 or $1.00, trust me on this. We probably have 12 boxes in the organic boxed section of our pantry.
That stuff is garbage.  Throw it away immediately.  If it's not Kraft Cheese and Macaroni, it's ####!

Personally, I don't mind the boxed Kraft MnC once in blue, prob about the same amount of times a year I crave something like a Big Mac. Threads like this give me the itch that at some point I'll have to scratch, prob need to get drunk before doing so though.

I like to say that I make the best boxed MnC on Earth, with some simple tricks to enhance the taste. 

& I think everyone is being a little harsh towards the OP - personally, I would've put chards of glass in it before making her eat it. Prob would've made my kids watch too, just as a show of strength. 

Snickers said:

https://imgflip.com/i/1xp8tg

& I think everyone is being a little harsh towards the OP - personally, I would've put chards of glass in it before making her eat it. Prob would've made my kids watch too, just as a show of strength. 
Chards?  Of glass?  Really?

Jayrod said:
My wife ruined mac n' cheese once as well.  Her mistake was reading "don't rinse" as "don't drain" and she tried to boil out the entire 6 cups of water.  I only caught it when I was like, "why is it taking like 15 minutes to cook mac n' cheese?"  I'm still not sure how the noodles actually still held their shape because as soon as I put a bite in my mouth it disintegrated into mush and tasted awful.

We threw it away and ordered pizza.  Then we made love.  I miss not having kids.  :sigh:
From what I've heard, kids love to eat mac 'n' cheese and pizza.

Users who are viewing this thread