What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
Went 4 pages back and didn't see one. 

Lots of interesting QBs this week. Hundley, Beathard, Zombie Fitzpatrick.

I have to pick up the Fitz. Ride him until Luck comes back. Maybe Jameis' injury is not that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think Darkwa would be a prime add, probably still low ownership % and the new OC and lack of receiving options changes the look of the offense.

- eta - Dion Lewis is rising in usage in NE again.

Nick O’Leary could be a sneaky add if he slipped through waivers due to the Bills being on a bye this week. Someone has to catch passes on that team. 

I would think Darkwa would be a prime add, probably still low ownership % and the new OC and lack of receiving options changes the look of the offense.
i wouldnt break the bank... and i dont think darkwa has shown the ability to stay healthy... but he could be a nice producer while he's healthy for however long that lasts

Sanders is out for a week or so but where do we see DT missing time? He came back into the game and X-rays were negative on both.
Where are you seeing Sanders will only miss a week or so? 

I read x-rays are negative but haven't seen any MRI results yet and dude couldn't put any weight on his foot. 

I can't speak for every league of course, but in my main 12 man / 3 WR starting, FA WR candidates are SLIM.   So many low scoring, miracle opportunity JAG's it's underwhelming...

I read x-rays are negative but haven't seen any MRI results yet and dude couldn't put any weight on his foot. 
I second this.  No reports out yet...I sincerely doubt it's "just a week".   He couldn't put any weight on it whatsoever...

RB's Prosise and Darkwa. WR's Stills, Humphries, Fowler and in deep leagues-desperation Chris Moore and Jordan Taylor. 

Probably true. It looked like a multi-week injury and the MRI is today. 

I can't speak for every league of course, but in my main 12 man / 3 WR starting, FA WR candidates are SLIM.   So many low scoring, miracle opportunity JAG's it's underwhelming...
Yes...Marquise Lee is out there...and Cooper Kupp...then its crap.  And even they are hit or miss.

Hoping I get Lee (lost Sanders yesterday and Hill dinged on the short week...plus Nelson now without Rodgers...I need WR bad)

RB's Prosise and Darkwa. WR's Stills, Humphries, Fowler and in deep leagues-desperation Chris Moore and Jordan Taylor. 
Just wanted to check on your recommendation of Prosise?  Not sure if I missed any news, but is there a projection he's in for a role larger than just the third-down back?  Appreciate any thoughts you have, as I could grab him as a FA before tonight's game.

How are folks ranking the usual QBs on the WW? I lost Rodgers so I am in trouble. Cutler, Hundley, Beathard, Fitz, McCown & Flacco are all on my WW.

How are folks ranking the usual QBs on the WW? I lost Rodgers so I am in trouble. Cutler, Hundley, Beathard, Fitz, McCown & Flacco are all on my WW.
To me, Hundley is pretty much an unknown.  Has the weapons but you would be taking a big chance.  McCown is getting the volume, and short-term Fitz has the weapons to work with, even if the results aren't always the prettiest in real life football.  I would be inclined to go with McCown or Fitz.  Hundley would be the shoot-for-the-moon option I suppose.

To me, Hundley is pretty much an unknown.  Has the weapons but you would be taking a big chance.  McCown is getting the volume, and short-term Fitz has the weapons to work with, even if the results aren't always the prettiest in real life football.  I would be inclined to go with McCown or Fitz.  Hundley would be the shoot-for-the-moon option I suppose.
I like Fitz for a week if Winston is out...guy will chuck the ball around and has the weapons.

McCown after that.

Hundley is a wait and see...I don't think it will be nearly as bad as this past week from him. (at least I sure hope not)

i wouldnt break the bank... and i dont think darkwa has shown the ability to stay healthy... but he could be a nice producer while he's healthy for however long that lasts
Ditto... plus Gallman only had 12 less snaps than Darkwa, Giants pretty much alternated series then rode the hot hand, which is the same thing they did last week. Gallman isn't going away especially with his pass-catching ability. 

Just wanted to check on your recommendation of Prosise?  Not sure if I missed any news, but is there a projection he's in for a role larger than just the third-down back?  Appreciate any thoughts you have, as I could grab him as a FA before tonight's game.
Not that I'm aware of but you never know since Lacy and Rawls have been non existent or worthless to date and there really aren't many RB's out there on the waiver wire that have a chance to produce something in PPR leagues.

I'm not sure this was a hot-hand situation last night. In the Charger game, Darkwa was getting the snaps early and scored a TD. On that TD run I believe he hurt his ankle so Gallman got the carries thereafter.

I'm not sure this was a hot-hand situation last night. In the Charger game, Darkwa was getting the snaps early and scored a TD. On that TD run I believe he hurt his ankle so Gallman got the carries thereafter.
Darkwa had 50% of the offensive snaps 21 rushing attempts 117 yards (5.6 ypc) 1 target 1 reception 13 yards

Gallman 28% of the snaps 9 rushing attempts 27 yards (3.0 ypc) 3 targets 2 receptions 5 yards

Vereen 22% of the snaps 1 rushing attempt 4 yards zero targets

I think it's Darkwa and Lewis at the RB position in that order. Lewis is so untrustworthy because injuries and Bellicheck but still worth a hard look. Darkwa is the big story though. New play calling, conhesive offensive line, chunk plays. He looks worth blowing the #1 priority or a good chunk of faab in my opinion. He looks like a starter and a competent one

TE Darren Fells was suggested a couple weeks ago. He is likely still out there in a lot of leagues. He played the most TE snaps again in the game yesterday (57%) 4 targets 2 receptions 26 yards 1 TD

Ebron played on 51% of the snaps 3 targets 1 reception 9 yards

You are mostly just hoping for a TD with Fells but he is getting more opportunity and doing more with it than Ebron is.

My plan from draft day was to take Rodgers as my only QB, and if disaster strikes, grab Hundley and pray for 75% of the production.

Guess I'm sticking with the plan.  With a week to prepare as the #1 starter, and a weaker defense, I hope Hundley will look much better.

Emmanuel Sanders - WR - Broncos

NBC Denver reports Emmanuel Sanders has been diagnosed with a sprained ankle, and will miss at least Week 7.

It depends on the scoring rules. I'm thinking Fitz and McCown in 6 pts per TD leagues. Possibly Tyrod over all of them in 4 pts per TD leagues. I like Taylor's schedule though.

Darkwa had 50% of the offensive snaps 21 rushing attempts 117 yards (5.6 ypc) 1 target 1 reception 13 yards

Gallman 28% of the snaps 9 rushing attempts 27 yards (3.0 ypc) 3 targets 2 receptions 5 yards

Vereen 22% of the snaps 1 rushing attempt 4 yards zero targets
Darkwa had 22 more rushing yards against Denver than Zeke, McCoy, Lynch and Gordon combined. 

watched every Hundley game at UCLA. get use to seeing those INT's. i personally didn't think he would be a prime NFL QB coming out, he has poor field awareness and vision. his offensive line at UCLA except his first year was devastated by injuries, so this poor awareness was very evident when he kept getting sacked even though he's got the wheels to just go if he chose to. he has athletic abilities, let's see how holding a clip board for a year helped him with his decision making. he does have talent around him, so opportunity is opportunity I guess.

Shane Vereen has been playing more snaps than the most recent game and getting more opportunities.

I think this change is mainly because of the Giants being ahead. They were losing the first 5 weeks, so Vereen plays a bit more and get the ball more.

Gallman had more snaps and opportunities than Darkwa in the previous game (week five) although they are both were relatively close. Darkwa missed the 4th game so perhaps they were easing him in week 5?

Anyhow Darkwa got the hot hand last night.

Golladay in Detroit with Tate dinged up, and he started practicing this week.   Lions on the bye so should be ready to go in a couple weeks.

Jake Butt in Denver started practicing this week. 

Shane Vereen has been playing more snaps than the most recent game and getting more opportunities.

I think this change is mainly because of the Giants being ahead. They were losing the first 5 weeks, so Vereen plays a bit more and get the ball more.

Gallman had more snaps and opportunities than Darkwa in the previous game (week five) although they are both were relatively close. Darkwa missed the 4th game so perhaps they were easing him in week 5?

Anyhow Darkwa got the hot hand last night.
I think there might be something to Darkwa, more than just the hot hand.  Quotes from this article suggest as much at least:

His 5.6 yards per carry and the Giants’ season-high 148 rush yards as a team were the result of offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan’s commitment to the run and to Darkwa, and the offensive line’s best performance of the season, maybe of the last two years in fact.

“That’s what you dream of as a back, you know, you want to get fed, and that was our game plan going in,” said Darkwa, 25, finally breaking out in year four as a Giant. “It was going to be a grind-it-out game, and we were able to have success off of that. And the O-line, tight ends, wide receivers, they did a hell of a job blocking. That’s on them. All of that yardage is on them, because there were a lot of plays I didn’t get touched. I owe them all the credit for that.”

The offensive coordinator calling plays, the Giants playing more TE than previously and Darkwa having another week of practice after returning from missing week four (injury? Not sure the details of why he missed game 4?) all seem like factors for why Darkwa got more snaps and opportunities than Gallman.

The offensive coordinator calling plays, the Giants playing more TE than previously and Darkwa having another week of practice after returning from missing week four (injury? Not sure the details of why he missed game 4?) all seem like factors for why Darkwa got more snaps and opportunities than Gallman.
Something with his back I think ... not sure though.  Then he got dinged with the ankle against the Chargers, though he ran well before that.  I certainly think he's worth a solid FAAB bid or a high waiver claim.  We're getting to the point of the year where teams should be handcuffing their top guys, so I'm not sure we're going to get another shot at a lead RB workload.

I think there might be something to Darkwa, more than just the hot hand.  Quotes from this article suggest as much at least:
The big killer on the Darkwa profile is draft capital (undrafted) and being on the bench for 4 years while guys like Perkins failed miserably ahead of him (those 2 facts could be related). If you look past that, he's actually a decent prospect:

Strengths: Speed with a 4.51 40, really good burst and above average agility. He got a major workload in college and was a really strong pass catcher.

Weaknesses: Low BMI. He has the height at 6 feet and is 215 pounds but put that together and he's in the lower range. His bench was really low (not sure that matters much at all) and his college YPC was awful- maybe that's part of being a workhorse back on a bad team. 

This guy could have a chance to put together a solid RB2 season- especially if they get him involved in the passing game. 

Something with his back I think ... not sure though.  Then he got dinged with the ankle against the Chargers, though he ran well before that.  I certainly think he's worth a solid FAAB bid or a high waiver claim.  We're getting to the point of the year where teams should be handcuffing their top guys, so I'm not sure we're going to get another shot at a lead RB workload.
I feel like 2 years ago when he as kind of on the verge of "breaking out" he got banged up with some minor stuff and got passed over. I remember him punishing the Cowboys on a great TD run that year 

He broke his leg in the 2016 preseason but did play some that year. He actually had 2 nice weeks back to back: 10/51/1 and 12/48/1 but then he only got 7 more carries the rest of the season. Anyone know why?

These dings are unfortunately what caused me to just drop him in my deep dynasty. He finally was getting carries two weeks ago but then I think it was the back or ankle caused him to miss the game (this after a prior practice injury denied him a chance to compete for a role just a few weeks prior). Shame as I always believed in his talent when I saw him play. Passes the eyeball test. Glad to see him produce on national TV vs Denver. I think if he's healthy he is a great bye week or injury guy for deep leagues. About as good as the ww is gonna get this season it would seem.

Users who are viewing this thread