What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 Buy Low - Sell High (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
If you carry a backup QB, maybe look to sell to the Rodgers owner.

Anyone going to try and buy Julio from some frustrated owners?

Also Adam Thielian might be a sell high.  Coming off a good game, Diggs was out and Floyd snaps slowing increasing.

In redraft wondering if Jordy or Adams are worth buying. Assuming their owners are looking to get out before their value tanks (buy on an overreaction). 

In redraft wondering if Jordy or Adams are worth buying. Assuming their owners are looking to get out before their value tanks (buy on an overreaction). 
That's a good call.  I'd send out a WR2 type offer with another depth WR for Jordy.  See if the owner bites.

Floyd left with a calf injury  :shrug:

Wasn't aware of that.  I was seeing him involved more so than usual with the box score.  I still think it's a good sell high.  Mess at QB. Diggs coming back.  Maybe you can upgrade him and buy low on a Packers WR outlined above.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
I would think Darkwa would be a prime add, probably still low ownership % and the new OC and lack of receiving options changes the look of the offense.
What's everyone doing with Ingram/Kamara situation?  Hold?  Looking like Ingram is a low end RB1 and Kamara can be a weekly low end RB2?

What's everyone doing with Ingram/Kamara situation?  Hold?  Looking like Ingram is a low end RB1 and Kamara can be a weekly low end RB2?
I wouldn't unload them right now if that's what you mean. They're going into a nice stretch and moving AP certainly made the offense flow better.

This could change from week to week remember who we are talking about here.

Tex

Wasn't aware of that.  I was seeing him involved more so than usual with the box score.  I still think it's a good sell high.  Mess at QB. Diggs coming back.  Maybe you can upgrade him and buy low on a Packers WR outlined above.
Is Diggs' injury deemed to be not serious?  Was thinking of offering the Rodgers owner Carson Wentz for him. Just don't want to give him a QB1 for a guy playing hobbled or missing a lot of games.

Is Diggs' injury deemed to be not serious?  Was thinking of offering the Rodgers owner Carson Wentz for him. Just don't want to give him a QB1 for a guy playing hobbled or missing a lot of games.
I don't think so. Diggs should be good to go this week I'd assume, limited to full this week.

This could change from week to week remember who we are talking about here.

Tex
That's true.  For the time being I'm thinking both are start-able, but that game script was crazy and Kamara didn't get the catches.   I'd be curious if anyone buys or sells either this week, the return they get.

McKinnon a sell high, especially in partial keeper leagues ... just have a hunch its not sustainable. 

CJ anderson a decent buy low target IMO, he looks fine running the ball... i know booker played a lot during the 2nd half while they were in catch up mode but broncos schedule isnt too bad the rest of the way (one maybe 2 negative matchups, the rest are average or plus matchups for run game) so i'd expect more favorable gameflows coming his way (of course last night i would have guessed he'd play more)

i think it's be wrong to expect rb1 production, but a consistent rb2 isnt a bad thing if you get him for the right price

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the overreaction?  You don't think dropping from Rodgers to Hundley is a huge decrease in value?

Debating on buying both Hyde and Jordan Reed low for depth.
With Cook lost for the season and Zeke suspension, I reached out to the Hyde owner and he said that getting Hyde would “cost” me. Which likely means I’d have to pay through the nose. So I’m going to just do what I can to pull out a few wins until Zeke gets back.

Tex

With Cook lost for the season and Zeke suspension, I reached out to the Hyde owner and he said that getting Hyde would “cost” me. Which likely means I’d have to pay through the nose. So I’m going to just do what I can to pull out a few wins until Zeke gets back.

Tex
fingers crossed on Zeke this week.  Maybe we'll get lucky!

McKinnon a sell high, especially in partial keeper leagues ... just have a hunch its not sustainable. 
Personally I'd buy even if somewhat high. I think he fits squarely and maybe better into the system that was built for Cook, with a QB who frequently needs an outlet.

(eta - note, redraft this year only, not dynasty).

Reed is an obvious buy-low, but how healthy is he/will he be?

Reed could start going off anytime, especially as he gets healthier.

Curious what it would take to acquire him in most leagues.

I'd lean to selling high on McKinnon, especially in dynasty leagues. 

That said, if you need his production for a playoff run, then you might not have any choice but to hold & see what happens.

Non PPR-

Bought Freeman/Winston/Landry  for  Montgomery/Mixon/Tyrell Williams.

Not sure if any of these are buy low's (maybe Winston/Freeman/Montgomery are low bye's)

I'd lean to selling high on McKinnon, especially in dynasty leagues. 

That said, if you need his production for a playoff run, then you might not have any choice but to hold & see what happens.
I was offered McKinnon and fleener for a 2nd and 3rd. If I thought fleener was worth a damn I'd probably have taken it.

Keep in mind that McKinnon is a free agent after this season and if he keeps playing well will be a starting RB somewhere next year.

I own both Ryan and Brees and am preparing myself for a wave of offers hoping I'll cut bait with the recent injuries. My roster makeup limits me but they should be better going forward than they have been so far.

Keep in mind that McKinnon is a free agent after this season and if he keeps playing well will be a starting RB somewhere next year.
I'd say if he keeps playing very well he will get a shot at a timeshare somewhere next year.

The only reason he is getting carries now is because Cook got hurt and Latavius sucks.  I can't see a team signing him as the starter.  A significant part of a timeshare, thats possible.

As a Cook owner in a Dynasty league someone offered me McKinnon for my Snead right after Cook went down. Since I owned Murray at the time it was an easy reject.  Now I think it's a lot closer.  Although I still doubt I'd pull the trigger.  I like Snead a lot in Dynasty and Cook will be back starting next year. McKinnon's only a good investment in Dynasty if he end up somewhere good next year or if you are in the playoff hunt this year and need a RB. 

CJ anderson a decent buy low target IMO, he looks fine running the ball... i know booker played a lot during the 2nd half while they were in catch up mode but broncos schedule isnt too bad the rest of the way (one maybe 2 negative matchups, the rest are average or plus matchups for run game) so i'd expect more favorable gameflows coming his way (of course last night i would have guessed he'd play more)

i think it's be wrong to expect rb1 production, but a consistent rb2 isnt a bad thing if you get him for the right price
The problem with CJA has never been ability or production, but health and usage. He's never had a season with more than 179 rush attempts, even when he was, as now, considered the lead back.

He's averaging 16-1/2 per game YTD, which would put him at 260 for the season. That's a reasonable workload for a typical lead back but it'd be almost 50% more than his career high. If you think he can maintain that pace without wearing down or getting hurt, he's a screaming buy. But history argues against it.

Reed is an obvious buy-low, but how healthy is he/will he be?

Reed could start going off anytime, especially as he gets healthier.

Curious what it would take to acquire him in most leagues.
To me Reed is an obvious sell low. If you can get anything for him take it. The guys is done with his bye, still hurt (guy was born on the PUP list) and is on pace for 645 yards and 0 TDs...assuming he can even stay on the field. Vernon Davis is the guy to buy.

To me Reed is an obvious sell low. If you can get anything for him take it. The guys is done with his bye, still hurt (guy was born on the PUP list) and is on pace for 645 yards and 0 TDs...assuming he can even stay on the field. Vernon Davis is the guy to buy.
I've got to think Reed is a buy if you can get him at a good price. He's only 27.

I'm thinking more about dynasty, though.

I've got to think Reed is a buy if you can get him at a good price. He's only 27.

I'm thinking more about dynasty, though.
I am thinking more redraft but even dynasty, I don't see him as a good investment. I mean eventually everyone has a value but I just can't picture a scenario where this guy stretches together even half of a healthy productive season. He constantly has nagging injuries and on top of that, he could be 1 concussion away from retirement. 

Here are the Washington target leaders through 5 games:

Pryor 29

Thompson 26

Crowder 24

Reed 24

Grant 20

Davis 14

When there's five guys within a span of 9 targets on a team that only ranks 24th in pass attempts per game to begin with, the whole situation screams "avoid" to me. Gun to my head I guess I'd agree that Davis is the buy here, but only because I know he'll cost basically nothing. I'm not buying anyone else outside Cousins unless "buying" means a WW add.

Pryor 29

Thompson 26

Crowder 24

Reed 24

Grant 20

Davis 14

When there's five guys within a span of 9 targets on a team that only ranks 24th in pass attempts per game to begin with, the whole situation screams "avoid" to me. Gun to my head I guess I'd agree that Davis is the buy here, but only because I know he'll cost basically nothing. I'm not buying anyone else outside Cousins unless "buying" means a WW add.
Yeah, low volume and high variance. I just like Davis because he is the cheapest and is trending in the right direction. 5/58/1, 2/89 and 3/65 the last 3 weeks. However, he is living off of big plays and I doubt that can continue. His upside is more built into what might happen if they decide Reed doesn't belong on the field anymore.

Been offered Alex Smith for Brandon cooks. I lost Rodgers but I have Dalton on my bench. I know Smith is having a career yr but feel like he will come back down to earth.

This is going to sound silly. But I actually think Frank Gore may be a good buy low candidate right now.

There has been a lot of talk about Marlon Mack taking over but after watching Monday's game while Mack does possess more explosiveness it seemed pretty clear to me he lacks in other parts of the game. His blocking is suspect and he didn't look good as a receiver.

But because of Mack most Gore owner's would probably sell low or he might even be available on the waiver wire. 

That is not what makes Gore a good buy low candidate though. The injury last night to Turbin is what really helps Gore going forward.

Turbin looks like he will miss some time. In his absence I fully expect Gore to inherit the 3rd down role as the did late in the game. He also will likely take over as the short yardage guy and get more goalline carries.  It seems to me like Gore will really get a boost to his value with Turbin out as he won't be taken out late in games anymore when the Colts are down. Also with Luck coming back soon and the Colts still in contention they aren't simply just going to hand the keys to the running game over to Mack. 

Pryor 29

Thompson 26

Crowder 24

Reed 24

Grant 20

Davis 14

Iirc in the last game the targets were 5/5/5/5/5/4/3/3 for the WRs, TEs & RBs. 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Ill throw out one more - Sterling Shepherd. He'll come back fresh and healthy and the Giants will still be looking for a primary WR.
Yeah hes a lock for WR2 when he comes back.

Menace said:
Been offered Alex Smith for Brandon cooks. I lost Rodgers but I have Dalton on my bench. I know Smith is having a career yr but feel like he will come back down to earth.
Hard pass on that deal. Agree that Smith will most likely regress toward the mean at some point this season. Believe what we saw last weekend against Pittsburgh is the more common stat line. Cooks is the more coveted player in that deal with Brady throwing to him 

How about Keenan Allen as a buy low? Hasn't scored much yet and was quiet against Oakland 
He has had double digit targets in all but two games, and he had 9 those games. He's just missed on the few RZ targets he's had the last 2 weeks. As Rivers' safety valve I'm not sure he's much of a Buy Low.

He has had double digit targets in all but two games, and he had 9 those games. He's just missed on the few RZ targets he's had the last 2 weeks. As Rivers' safety valve I'm not sure he's much of a Buy Low.
While I agree with this in theory, it’s worth a shot. I own Allen and it would take a lot to pry him from me, but another owner might not be sold on his current production.

While I agree with this in theory, it’s worth a shot. I own Allen and it would take a lot to pry him from me, but another owner might not be sold on his current production.
Would you deal Allen for a legit Buy Low like Juilo? Or would it take more than Allen? Redraft League, thinking of making an offer.

Users who are viewing this thread