What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 7 (1 Viewer)

A couple of these matchups got dull in a hurry with injuries and suspensions.  NO/GB would have been fun.  Zeke would have been a good play vs. SF.   Not a fan of the London games (surprised it's on the slate).

First initial names that popped in my head after looking at the games were:

Mariota/Walker, Dak, McCoy, Minn D, Fournette, Bell, and that NE/Atl might be fun to try to figure out too.  If playing Thurs - Mon,  Hunt and Ertz will be hugely owned I assume. 

I am new to posting, but I have been learning the DFS thing over the last few years and been following this forum since last year. Finally, ready to contribute and look forward to posting this week. 

I am starting the week looking at these guys.  QB:  Brady, Ryan, Dak, Mariota, & Fitzpatrick (or Hundley).  RB:  Bell, McCoy, Gordon, CJA, Ingram, McKinnon, AP, & Morris.  WR:  Julio, Dez, Evans, M Thomas, Hogan, Adams, Gabriel, Kupp, R Mathews, & Lockett.  TE:  Gronk, Brate, Walker, ASJ, Graham, & Kittle.  DEF:  Jaguars, Panthers, Vikings, Jets, & Dolphins.  I will spend the week breaking this group down to make four or five lineups.  I usually do a 50/50, 100-man, and GPP with each lineup.  I might put up about $100 per week and after six weeks I am down exactly $9, so by no means am I an expert.

I am starting the week looking at these guys.  QB:  Brady, Ryan, Dak, Mariota, & Fitzpatrick (or Hundley).  RB:  Bell, McCoy, Gordon, CJA, Ingram, McKinnon, AP, & Morris.  WR:  Julio, Dez, Evans, M Thomas, Hogan, Adams, Gabriel, Kupp, R Mathews, & Lockett.  TE:  Gronk, Brate, Walker, ASJ, Graham, & Kittle.  DEF:  Jaguars, Panthers, Vikings, Jets, & Dolphins.  I will spend the week breaking this group down to make four or five lineups.  I usually do a 50/50, 100-man, and GPP with each lineup.  I might put up about $100 per week and after six weeks I am down exactly $9, so by no means am I an expert.
I think I have worked my TE pool down to three:  Gronk, Walker, & Graham.

It's Tuesday, so this will change....ALOT!  I am starting with something like this:

qb Brady 9200 - rb Ingram 7100 - rb McKinnon 7000 - wr Julio 8800 - wr Hogan 7200 - wr Lockett 5300 - te Graham 5800 - d Vikings 4700 - k Walsh 4900

qb  Ryan  8700 - rb Morris 5700 - rb Gordon 7700 - wr Julio 8800 - wr Hogan 7200 - wr Kupp 5800 - te Walker 5900 - d Jaguars 5400 - k Lutz 4800

qb Dak 8400 - rb CJA 7100 - rb AP 6300 - wr Dez 8200 - wr Gabriel 6500 - wr R Mathews 5500 - te Gronk 8500 - d NYJ 4400 - k Gostkowski 5100

qb Mariota 8200 - rb Gordon 7700 - rb McCoy 7900 - wr Adams 6900 - wr M Thomas 7700 - wr R Mathews 5500 - te Graham 5800 - d Panthers 4900 - k Bryant 5300

qb Fitz 6300 - rb Bell 9700 - rb McCoy 7900 - wr Evans 8100 - wr Hogan 7200 - wr Kupp 5800 - te Walker 5900 - d Dolphins 4300 - k Gano 4800

FatNate said:
I think I have worked my TE pool down to three:  Gronk, Walker, & Graham.
You are doing better than I am.  So many TEs have been getting a lot of action for their teams the last few weeks.  I had the 3 you have written down, and also ones going against Ds that have allowed the most p/g to TEs:

Hooper - last couple games have gotten 7 and 9 targets.  Pats stink, and it might be a good gpp play to pair with Ryan. 

Ertz if you are playing anything with MNF

Henry - Denver funnels action to TEs and I don't think Rivers can get it any farther downfield than to Henry and Gordon

Rudolph - Balt can be attacked here, and he has seen an uptick in action with Diggs out.

AS-J:  seeing an insane # of targets the last couple weeks.

It might be more popular than I think, but I like the Ryan-Hooper stack if Sanu is out since the Pats are also giving up the most points/g to the Qb and people will probably be all over Ryan-Julio. 

You are doing better than I am.  So many TEs have been getting a lot of action for their teams the last few weeks.  I had the 3 you have written down, and also ones going against Ds that have allowed the most p/g to TEs:

Hooper - last couple games have gotten 7 and 9 targets.  Pats stink, and it might be a good gpp play to pair with Ryan. 

Ertz if you are playing anything with MNF

Henry - Denver funnels action to TEs and I don't think Rivers can get it any farther downfield than to Henry and Gordon

Rudolph - Balt can be attacked here, and he has seen an uptick in action with Diggs out.

AS-J:  seeing an insane # of targets the last couple weeks.

It might be more popular than I think, but I like the Ryan-Hooper stack if Sanu is out since the Pats are also giving up the most points/g to the Qb and people will probably be all over Ryan-Julio. 
I like all you listed.  Henry is someone I need to look more closely at.  I have been on ASJ for a week or two, but they have slowly been increasing his price.  Ryan-Hooper is very playable if Sanu continues to be out.

Posted this mistakenly in the week 6 thread.

Cheap RBs I like right now (minimal research) with favorable matchups:

Ingram/Kamara

CMC

AP

Morris/McFadden

Murray/Henry

Mixon

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this mistakenly in the week 6 thread.

Cheap RBs I like right now (minimal research) with favorable matchups:

Ingram/Kamara

CMC

AP

Morris/McFadden

Murray/Henry

Mixon
How do you differentiate between Murray/Henry?  I also like Kamara, now that there is a little more distance in his price versus Ingram.  I want to like Mixon, but I fear it will be a low scoring game.  Add to the fact that the Bengals are still splitting carries with a bad offense line.

How do you differentiate between Murray/Henry?  I also like Kamara, now that there is a little more distance in his price versus Ingram.  I want to like Mixon, but I fear it will be a low scoring game.  Add to the fact that the Bengals are still splitting carries with a bad offense line.
If I was going to use a TEN RB, I'd have 2 identical lineups - 1 with Murray, the other with Henry. Same thing with New Orleans.

If I was going to use a TEN RB, I'd have 2 identical lineups - 1 with Murray, the other with Henry. Same thing with New Orleans.
Makes sense and I like the strategy of it, but I do not think I am going to play enough lineups this week to fit these guys in.

Does anyone give the GB WRs any chance with Rodgers being out?  Wondering if plugging in 1 to a couple LUs would do any good.

Does anyone give the GB WRs any chance with Rodgers being out?  Wondering if plugging in 1 to a couple LUs would do any good.
They haven't lost their talent.  Did Hundley favor somebody over others after he came in?  I wouldn't stack the Packers, but Nelson is cheaper than normal b/c of the situation.

They haven't lost their talent.  Did Hundley favor somebody over others after he came in?  I wouldn't stack the Packers, but Nelson is cheaper than normal b/c of the situation.
I'm not sure if he favored anyone but I thought the same about Nelson.  I'm just thinking maybe people will be off the Packers?

So far this week, I'm going with CHEAP QBs in Rivers and Tyrod. I know Rivers has a terrible matchup on paper but these are real men playing a divisional game with the LAC behind 1 game.  Playing at home, I kinda see Rivers having one of those 300+ 4 TD games.  I dunno, call it a hunch.  I'm stacking Allen and H. Henry in my Rivers lineups and then I did a bunch where I replace Allen.

So far this week, I'm going with CHEAP QBs in Rivers and Tyrod. I know Rivers has a terrible matchup on paper but these are real men playing a divisional game with the LAC behind 1 game.  Playing at home, I kinda see Rivers having one of those 300+ 4 TD games.  I dunno, call it a hunch.  I'm stacking Allen and H. Henry in my Rivers lineups and then I did a bunch where I replace Allen.
My eyes keep coming to Tyrod, but WTF is he going to throw to with Clay out?  I guess J.Matthews if he is back?

Well all my nba tickets played out tonite. I'm -$2 on the year with two $7 fbg tickets in que. last two weeks have been tough. I'm cashing 70-80% of my cash lineups and giving it back in gpp. I know the smart thing to do would be to play cash but the reality is that this is more entertainment. I can earn more working an hour than grinding out cash games 

interestingly enough I was doing my taxes this weekend. Ended up plus $6 on $4000 in entry fees in 2016. Yes I reported the $6. 

I don't mind Rivers and Henry, but I am no challenging the CB's from Denver by playing Allen.  I like Gordon the most in the game.

I have not dug to deep yet, but my first thoughts are I like Adams and Cobb.  Hundley is not Rodgers, but I still think he is fantasy worthy.

My eyes keep coming to Tyrod, but WTF is he going to throw to with Clay out?  I guess J.Matthews if he is back?
My brother pitched Tyrod to me.  I am not buying it.  His best feature is his legs and he doesn't use them enough.  I like McCoy in this one, both rushing and receiving.

Can’t seem to get off paying up for Matt Ryan. I don’t like the top WRs, and no wr really stuck out to me. This was the lineup I stuck in based on matchups-

ryan/McKinnon/Hyde/julio/Adams/garçon/Hooper/lutz/NO

ill tinker, and I have $900 left on the table. Adams at 6900 vs NO seems like a solid cheap guy. Hundley may look like a deer in headlights, but he managed to complete some passes and get some yds. I’ll take a chance on a positive game flow for pass catchers there, and NO defense will get some sacks and probably at least one int or fumble recovery. 

Can’t seem to get off paying up for Matt Ryan. I don’t like the top WRs, and no wr really stuck out to me. This was the lineup I stuck in based on matchups-

ryan/McKinnon/Hyde/julio/Adams/garçon/Hooper/lutz/NO

ill tinker, and I have $900 left on the table. Adams at 6900 vs NO seems like a solid cheap guy. Hundley may look like a deer in headlights, but he managed to complete some passes and get some yds. I’ll take a chance on a positive game flow for pass catchers there, and NO defense will get some sacks and probably at least one int or fumble recovery. 
The Patriot defense is so bad.  I love Ryan this week and I assume most will also.  His ownership should be high.  Julio is due.  I am expecting his ownership to be high also.  The tinkering I have done has been stacking Ryan and Julio, along with Hogan.  This should be a high scoring game and fun to watch.  I agree with your assessment on GB/Hundley.  He may look bad at times and takes some sacks, plus turn it over some.  But, I think the game script sets up for him to throw more than most teams and he still has good talent around him.  I like Cobb and Adams.  I am also may be willing to take a chance on Hundley himself  Anyone have any feelings about NO WR M Thomas....is this the week he has breaks out?

Fournette.  Any Jacksonville fans out there?  How bad is his ankle?  Will he get mostly a full workload against the Colts?

I'm using Crosby at PK in nearly every lineup so far. Thought process is the NO defense is bad and Hundley will be good enough to move the ball but not punch it in. We'll see. 

Maybe freeman is the way to pivot- he’s a guy that hasn’t paid off the last few weeks (it seems, I haven’t looked back) and his ownership may be lower. 

I'm using Crosby at PK in nearly every lineup so far. Thought process is the NO defense is bad and Hundley will be good enough to move the ball but not punch it in. We'll see. 
But NO defense isn’t bad- they’ve actually played really well the last three weeks. Perhaps the GB running game is the way to go here as well- recent success with jones, Young qb, keep Brees off the field. They are still 4-2, they will be trying to protect at home. May be a matchup to consider.

Crosby is cheap too.  I have him, Gould, Adam V, and Hauschka written down as my PKs.  Exactly what you said about Crosby, an the others all have 3+ attempts the last few weeks, over 10pts/g the last few weeks, and are at home. 

..and Elliot if you are playing any Thurs-Mon slates.

Maybe freeman is the way to pivot- he’s a guy that hasn’t paid off the last few weeks (it seems, I haven’t looked back) and his ownership may be lower.
Exactly what I was just coming to post.  Maybe they learned their lesson of only giving him 9 carries last week, and go all Pitts on us and load him up with carries.  Would be the best way to keep Brady off the field as much too. 

Or a Ryan-Freeman stack that can hopefully get a piece of all their TDs and should be quite a bit lower owned than Ryan-Julio. 

I don't mind Freeman and I agree he will be lower owned, but isn't the strength (may not be the best word for it) of the Patriots defense slowing the run?  I think I like Coleman this week more than Freeman.  Or maybe I still have a case of the *$$ because Freeman killed me last week! 

After looking at usage between Monty and jones maybe Monty is the guy.

Also like @KarmaPolice idea of stacking Ryan/freeman, and I’ll raise you a Hooper!
:yes: had that in my second post (about TEs this week) as a gpp play off Julio. 

Let's get nuts - Ryan-Freeman-Hooper and run it back with Hogan!  :moneybag:

I don't mind Freeman and I agree he will be lower owned, but isn't the strength (may not be the best word for it) of the Patriots defense slowing the run?  I think I like Coleman this week more than Freeman.  Or maybe I still have a case of the *$$ because Freeman killed me last week! 
"strength" of the D is using the term very loosely this year.  They are giving up the most points/g to the QB and the 3rd most points/g to the RB on the year.   5th most to WR, and 3rd most to TE.   I think we can attack them any way we want and have a high probability of getting decent points.  Coleman is probably in play as well, and a Ryan-Coleman-Hooper stack would be even lower owned than having Freeman, I would guess. 

Very sad for me to post that as a Pats fan. 

Actually, I just looked again, and they seem to be getting attacked both ways with the rbs.  They are letting 91/g rushing which isn't Rams level horrible, but are averaging giving up 7catches/70yds per game to Rbs too.  DVOA is 23 for rushing and 28 for rec for the RBs.   Long story short, Freeman and Coleman should be looked at.

"strength" of the D is using the term very loosely this year.  They are giving up the most points/g to the QB and the 3rd most points/g to the RB on the year.   5th most to WR, and 3rd most to TE.   I think we can attack them any way we want and have a high probability of getting decent points.  Coleman is probably in play as well, and a Ryan-Coleman-Hooper stack would be even lower owned than having Freeman, I would guess. 

Very sad for me to post that as a Pats fan. 
Thanks for the statistics.  I agree with the idea of running the ball to keep Brady and the bunch on the sideline.  But, on the other hand, I always worry about with the Patriots getting the lead and forcing the other team to chase (and abandon the run).

I just reviewed the optimizer, and to no surprise, there was Russell Wilson staring back at me with one of the best H-value ratings on the main slate.  Guy screws me every time I use him!  Can someone help me decide if I need to work him in the mix this week?  I like some of his weapons this week (Graham, Lockett, and Richardson) and I do not expect them to run well.  But, man he gets me every time I roster him!

I just reviewed the optimizer, and to no surprise, there was Russell Wilson staring back at me with one of the best H-value ratings on the main slate.  Guy screws me every time I use him!  Can someone help me decide if I need to work him in the mix this week?  I like some of his weapons this week (Graham, Lockett, and Richardson) and I do not expect them to run well.  But, man he gets me every time I roster him!
 Like you, Wilson burns be every time and blows up when I don't use him.  It's tough this week b/c QB is kinda brutal with all the injuries and lack of talent and weapons for the guys vs. terrible Ds.   Basically all I had down were Brady/Ryan/Mariota/Dak with Taylor and Goff as gpp fliers.  I plan to use some Graham, but not Wilson (which probably means everybody should play him), but he does have an OK matchup, especially if you stack him with Graham.

Like you, Wilson burns be every time and blows up when I don't use him.  It's tough this week b/c QB is kinda brutal with all thde injuries and lack of talent and weapons for the guys vs. terrible Ds.   Basically all I had down were Brady/Ryan/Mariota/Dak with Taylor and Goff as gpp fliers.  I plan to use some Graham, but not Wilson (which probably means everybody should play him), but he does have an OK matchup, especially if you stack him with Graham.
I will likely have one gpp lineup with a Wilson/Graham stack but I am also hesitate as he has burned me before.

Yuck, I don't see anything about this week that looks appealing, may limit entries this week in both cash and GPP.  Just seems like everything is middle of the road.

Just looked at Thur-Mon slate for both Cash and GPP, keep coming back to Wentz/Palmer/Brady for cash and I don't really like any.  At RB there are a ton of options I like but some MT and DD are high on I don't like at all, Hyde/McCoy/Ingram

Gonna take a break from looking/reading for the rest of the day, just get the feeling this week is going to be dangerous to my bankroll.

May just turn the slates into 2 or 3 game slates and play the top 3 or 4 total game players and just drop the % of my bankroll exposed.

Having both NBA and MLB to look at is not helping either :wall:

I'm splitting all RBs from the Pats/Falcons game in various lineups as both defenses are weak against the run. 
Speaking of getting burned, I am having trouble clicking the button on any Pats RB this week after 5 weeks of nada. 

That said, I have noticed that D.Lewis has been getting more an more touches over the last few weeks, and I think outsnapped Gilleslee last week.  Could be a low owned cheap way into this high game total.  We have seen in the past few years that the Pats WANT to run the ball, it just hasn't been working that way this year for whatever reason.

The way this slate works out and my recent run has me avoiding cash this week.  Just going to do $5-6 in some 25cent and $1 stuff to try to get my mojo back. 

Here is my current placeholder as a gpp that I liked:

Ryan - ADP/Zeke - M.Thomas/AJG/Amendola - Hooper - Hauschka - 4.4 or lower D.

IF I remember right, Atl funnels action to the middle of the field and defends the perimeter well, so I am leaning away from Cooks and Hogan and more on Gronk/Amendola/D.Lewis for the Pats.  For Atl, I will try Julio, Hooper (more if Sanu is out), and the 2 RBs.

Game theory also says of my 10-12 LUs, I probably want to fade the game completely or just take a PK/D on a small %.  We have seen a few spots that look like shootouts that have dudded this year already. 

Speaking of getting burned, I am having trouble clicking the button on any Pats RB this week after 5 weeks of nada. 

That said, I have noticed that D.Lewis has been getting more an more touches over the last few weeks, and I think outsnapped Gilleslee last week.  Could be a low owned cheap way into this high game total.  We have seen in the past few years that the Pats WANT to run the ball, it just hasn't been working that way this year for whatever reason.
I literally chose 5 identical teams where the only difference is my RB2 slot where I'm rotating:

Freeman

Coleman

Gilislee

Lewis

White

E2A: Zeke is my RB1

I literally chose 5 identical teams where the only difference is my RB2 slot where I'm rotating:

Freeman

Coleman

Gilislee

Lewis

White

E2A: Zeke is my RB1
I like it.  I was going to do the same thing and just rotate in 4 TEs for a core LU:  Proably Henry, Hooper, Rudolph, Walker?

Users who are viewing this thread