What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hundley - buying or selling (1 Viewer)

Spike

Footballguy
Curious what people are buying or selling Hundley for in the aftermath of Rodgers' broken collarbone.

I guess it might be instructive to know offers given or received (but not accepted) are out there too.

I've offered Hundley for 2018 3rd round rookie picks to Rodgers owners.  No replies yet.

I think you are overreacting to one game. Hundley came in cold, on the road, against a very good defense. 

I think you are selling low. 

He's on the wire in both of my dynasty leagues as it's very hard to roster a backup to one of the greatest QBs waiting for a maybe payoff 5 years later.  I'll probably try to get him to stick on my bench and see what happens.

I think Hundley has talent.  He's not Rodgers, but who is?  He's got weapons and a decent OL, and he's been learning from the best for years.  Maybe it fails epically, but I wouldn't be shocked if Hundley provided the Pack one helluva trade chip when it's all said and done.

I'm holding for now. I have him in a superflex & will play it by ear. Hundley is due to be a FA in 2019 so he's still got another season of sitting behind Rodgers (unless they trade him which is possible).

Tough guy to gauge, but Hundley does have a lot of upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is tough to answer without knowing some things such as roster sizes. My take on Hundley (I own him in half my dynasty leagues) is that prior to the injury to Rodgers I felt he is one of the potentially better backups out there that was probably in a position to get a starting opportunity with another team in the next couple of years. He gets his opportunity now. I would put his value similar to other young rookie prospects that are good prospects but not thought of as sure things. This year most of my leagues had a group of guys like Mahomes, Trubisky, and Kizer go mostly in round 2 and I put him in that same grouping. I would be wanting to land a round 2 pick if I were trading him.

This is tough to answer without knowing some things such as roster sizes. My take on Hundley (I own him in half my dynasty leagues) is that prior to the injury to Rodgers I felt he is one of the potentially better backups out there that was probably in a position to get a starting opportunity with another team in the next couple of years. He gets his opportunity now. I would put his value similar to other young rookie prospects that are good prospects but not thought of as sure things. This year most of my leagues had a group of guys like Mahomes, Trubisky, and Kizer go mostly in round 2 and I put him in that same grouping. I would be wanting to land a round 2 pick if I were trading him.
:goodposting:

I have been rostering Hundley on a deep bench for 1.5 years because GB seems to do a good job grooming QBs either for injury replacement or trade. Seems like a bad time to cash in via trade, and I don't plan to. JMHO, makes sense to wait to see how he looks at home against the #25 Saints Pass D after a full week of practice, and then 2 weeks prep (bye) to play the #27 Lions Pass D.

Should've been more clear - when healthy the OL is decent, and it's getting healthier -- at least at the OT spots.
I would not count on that

By game's end, the Packers were playing Justin McCray at left tackle, Ulrick John at right tackle and Lucas Patrick at left guard. The Packers began with their sixth different starting offensive line combination in as many games after left tackle David Bakhtiari and right tackle Bryan Bulaga suited up on the same day for the first time this season. Bakhtiari lasted just 2½ quarters before his Week 1 hamstring injury flared up, and Bulaga left because of a concussion. Meanwhile, Lane Taylor, who finally was able to move back to his regular left guard spot after filling in at left tackle, got his right knee and ankle rolled into and couldn't finish.

How does he compare to Beathard in terms of a Waiver wire pick up if you were looking at QBs in a dynasty league?

How does he compare to Beathard in terms of a Waiver wire pick up if you were looking at QBs in a dynasty league?
Dynasy - neither. Just traded Matt Ryan away since I have Wentz and I'll make a move for Hundley 1st and Beatherd 2nd but only as the backup for this year.

Beathard by a mile, simply because he's not guaranteed to go back to the bench yet.  This was a 3rd round pick, so decent draft capital invested.  If he plays well and wins them a few games they may try to pull a Carr/Cousins/Dak and get the franchise QB at a steal.  There's no real rush for them, and if they suck in 2018 with Beathard they will have another shot in 2019 at a franchise guy.

We know Hundley's going back to the bench next spring at the latest.

No, we don't. Reportedly the Packers nearly traded him this past offseason. You just never know with these situations.
This. I’d put my money on Hundley all day over Bethard.

Hundley’s been a stash of mine in almost all of my superflex/2qb leagues. I’m excited to see him get his shot.

Users who are viewing this thread