What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL scoring adjustments from Sunday's games (1 Viewer)

I lost 130.85 to 130.80 so I am fingers crossed on this...

ETA: RTSports updates automatically I believe..

Last edited by a moderator:
They usually aren't made/announced until Thursday following the games.
OK, but FF sites are making adjustments now before the official NFL update.  

They must readjust if the NFL ruling is different from their updates. 

In a close match and my opponent has TY tonight, so every point will count! 

OK, but FF sites are making adjustments now before the official NFL update.  

They must readjust if the NFL ruling is different from their updates. 

In a close match and my opponent has TY tonight, so every point will count! 

They are making adjustments beacuse of discrepancies between the live score and gamebooks, however Stat Corrections made by STATS are not official till Thursday.

Here is a weird one. On that Russell Wilson Lateral Play that wasn't really a lateral is it possible Wilson ends up with 17 more passing yards after they review it?

Clearly it was a forward pass by a yard. IF that was behind the line of scrimmage and it was originally called a run it would have eventually have been changed to a pass. But will the NFL still change it knowing that it means they are admitting they screwed up? 

Here is a weird one. On that Russell Wilson Lateral Play that wasn't really a lateral is it possible Wilson ends up with 17 more passing yards after they review it?

Clearly it was a forward pass by a yard. IF that was behind the line of scrimmage and it was originally called a run it would have eventually have been changed to a pass. But will the NFL still change it knowing that it means they are admitting they screwed up? 
Would think no, changing it would make it an illegal play. The NFL might make some weird choices but surely they wouldn't change a bad call into an illegal play.

-OZ- said:
Would think no, changing it would make it an illegal play. The NFL might make some weird choices but surely they wouldn't change a bad call into an illegal play.
I agree that they probably won't but at the same time that is exactly the sort of play the NFL stats people usually adjust on Thursday. The lateral or forward pass plays.

See the thing is Davis got credited for 17 yards running when he really only went 16 yards with the ball in his hands. Illegal forward passes can be declined but the only reason they would be is because of an interception.

I agree that they probably won't but at the same time that is exactly the sort of play the NFL stats people usually adjust on Thursday. The lateral or forward pass plays.

See the thing is Davis got credited for 17 yards running when he really only went 16 yards with the ball in his hands. Illegal forward passes can be declined but the only reason they would be is because of an interception.
It will be scored as a lateral, but I could absolutely see them adjusting the rushing yards for both Wilson and Davis.

It will be scored as a lateral, but I could absolutely see them adjusting the rushing yards for both Wilson and Davis.
I forget, if a player carries the ball forward, let's say 5 yards, then legally laterals it to another player who takes it the rest of the way, say 20 for the touchdown, does player A get 5 yards and player B 20 plus the TD? I think that's right but it's been a while since I've looked at it.

I forget, if a player carries the ball forward, let's say 5 yards, then legally laterals it to another player who takes it the rest of the way, say 20 for the touchdown, does player A get 5 yards and player B 20 plus the TD? I think that's right but it's been a while since I've looked at it.
If you ever forget after clicking this link, just remember Bake Turner.

1 catch for 111 yards in 1962

Users who are viewing this thread