What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Flyman75

Footballguy
There's a weekly thread on the RW forums specifically for waiver wire touts, and I thought it would be good to have one here to see if it would get enough traffic. I know that there is a great variety in IDP leagues, but when you make a tout, tell us the kind of league it is specific for (tackle-heavey...big play...DT required...CB required...start LB/DB/DL or start 4 LB, 4 DB, 3 DL...etc).

Maybe the idea flops, but I think it's worth a shot at least. 

My tout for this week is Frank Clark...in a tackle-heavy league that starts 3 DL...sacks are 3pts each though. He's the replacement for Cliff Avril. 

Another is Jabaal Sheard. I'm curious to see what he does tonight, but he's probably still DL-eligible in your leagues...but he's starting at OLB for the Colts. He'll still get some sacks, but that also means (or should mean) that he'll get more tackles than he's historically gotten. 

David Irving (DT - Dal)........this guy is a beast and I think he will have value even in non-DT required leagues.  For DT required or DT enhanced scoring he is a must add.  He was suspended the first few games and came back last week.  The guy is huge and athletic.  Get him while you can.

Denzel Perryman - in tackle heavy leagues with deep enough benches. Perryman is still a few weeks away from a possible return but is a candidate for those leagues with medium size benches. By this I mean deep enough bench to stash a guy for a few weeks and get ahead of those eyeing his return but not deep enough that he's been drafted and already being held on a roster. He could step into a nice situation looking for some stability and be the producer that I penciled him in for prior to his preseason injury derailed his value. If he's on your radar then he's most likely on a league mates radar and he could be an add that becomes a nice contributing factor last 5-6 weeks of the season. 

I am in start 4 lb/4db/3dl and I am stashing him with starter upside down the stretch in mind. Reliable starters can be hard to find at this point going forward and when they do become available you often have to bid premium to get.

Clayton Geathers is another name in this same vein to keep and eye on and add a week earlier than the rest...

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig Robertson (LB - NOS) - With the season-ender to Anzalone in week four and a week 5 bye, he's a forgotten man. But he had a good year in 2016 and should pick up right where he left off last year. Had a great week 6, but is probably best suited for tackle-heavy leagues.

Nick Kwiatkoski (LB - CHI) - He wasn't placed on IR like Freeman and has been practicing on a limited basis lately. If he's been cut, it might be a good idea to pick him up. He was "questionable" in week 6, though it's hard to say just how close he was to actually playing. But it's a good sign regardless.

Probably only available in Dynasty leagues in the shallowest of formats but he's looking to return in a couple weeks and probably by week 11 or 12 could be fairly relevant in safety required deeper leagues, especially considering the weak linebackers on the Colts. They may even choose to leave Farley at strong safety and put Geathers in a full-time Deone Bucannon type role at linebacker.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/10/10/clayton-geathers-among-key-colts-nearing-return-injury/750485001/

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig Robertson (LB - NOS) - With the season-ender to Anzalone in week four and a week 5 bye, he's a forgotten man. But he had a good year in 2016 and should pick up right where he left off last year. Had a great week 6, but is probably best suited for tackle-heavy leagues.

Nick Kwiatkoski (LB - CHI) - He wasn't placed on IR like Freeman and has been practicing on a limited basis lately. If he's been cut, it might be a good idea to pick him up. He was "questionable" in week 6, though it's hard to say just how close he was to actually playing. But it's a good sign regardless.
(tackle heavy, 3 LB/2 DB/D flex/DL)

I second these. Rewatched the Saints game and Robertson looked ferocious, though he was losing snaps to Te'o on certain series. Snap counts aren't released yet but I'd guess he was on the field roughly 70% of the time.  

Trevathan's success and injury have caused Kwiatkoski to become the forgotten man, but Legalize is right, he should be returning soon, potentially this week, and when Freeman initially went down it was Kwiatkoski who was the suggested add over Trevathan, largely. In fairness there were sites that touted Trevathan.

I also think Mychal Kendricks might be worth a look if he's available. Jordan Hicks was knocked out of the game giving Kendricks a 3 down role and he exploded for a 12-5 line. Looks like Hicks should be fine but maybe Kendricks has earned more playing time.

Cliff Avril to IR.   Frank Clark seems to be the guy picking up the snaps.  He is probably owned but if not he would be worth a look.

Tackle heavy league.  Which is the better pick up?  Jamie Collins or Craig Robertson?
Thing with Robertson is matchup and game flow may dictate his snap count.  Collins is going to be out there 90+% of the time no matter what's going on.

(RotoWire) The Panthers ruled Kuechly (concussion) out for Sunday's game in Chicago, Bryan Strickland of the Panthers' official site reports.

Analysis: Given his lengthy concussion history, Kuechly was never likely to avoid any missed games. Panthers head coach Ron Rivera did say that the star linebacker is making progress, with Keuchly having the potential to take another step forward in the NFL's concussion protocol when he visits a doctor Monday, per Strickland. With David Mayo set to fill in at middle linebacker, Chicago running backs Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen will have a better matchup than the numbers might suggest.

Dezbelief said:
So who is Kuechly's backup?
Mayo is the direct backup, but he isn't much of a playmaker. The general expectation is that Mayo will take some of Kuechly's production, and the remainder will be split between Shaq Thompson and Thomas Davis.  Personally, I'd rank them Davis, Thompson not far behind, and then Mayo a distant third this week.

Users who are viewing this thread