What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rodgers owners... Who are you targeting? (1 Viewer)

WhatRox

Footballguy
See this topic being covered in a bunch of threads. Figure it best if we consolidate the knowledge. 

I'm in a 16 team league so pickings are really slim. I'm targeting Beathard because of what he showed on Sunday plus it seems like he'll be given a chance and Trubisky as he has a favorable schedule. Hundley is the other guy on the wire that I would consider. Otherwise I'm guessing between Keenun and Bridgewater. 

I'm targeting Taylor, Fitz (depending on Winston) or McCown. They are all on waivers. I'm conflicted with Taylor because he has the best schedule but no one to throw to.

Lost Rodgers in Dynasty league without reasonable backup.  Got Dalton and A.Smith cheap.  Their schedules line up nicely for remainder of season.

Dalton       @PIT,   IND,   @JAX, @TEN, @DEN, CLE,   PIT,     CHI, @MIN, DET

A.Smith   @OAK, DEN, @DAL,  BYE,    @NYG, BUF, @NYJ, OAK, LAC, MIA

Palmer and Dalton also line up nicely:

Palmer  LAR  BYE  @SF    SEA     @HOU  JAX   LAR  TEN  @WAS  NYG

Dalton  @PIT IND  @JAX  @TEN   @DEN  CLE    PIT   CHI  @MIN  DET

Actually considering trading him to one of the last place teams with a decent QB.  Rodgers for said QB and more.  Even with Rodgers out for the year not a whole lot of guys I would deal him for straight up. 

Guys, trade for Stafford. I'm guessing his owner will listen to offers. He's on bye to boot, so they likely have a backup plan in place. He can recover and probably still offers more upside than the list of development, rookie and journeymen under consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question: In redraft, why wouldn't you just stream QBs ROS? You will almost certainly end up with better production than if you roll with some mediocre fill in like Fitz or McCown. 

Yes, it's harder in a deeper league, but if you plan ahead you should be able to continually find decent match-ups each week. Check out the Living the Stream podcast for tips (and no, I don't work for them; just a fan).

Re-draft. Guy offered Cam and Lynch for McCaffrey. Turned down but seemed fair. Tyrod is the only halfway decent QB on the wire in my league 

14 teamer. Someone dropped Taylor. Will make a play for him, Fitz, Beathard, Hundley in that order. Probably pick 3 of those guys and stream. ? 

14 teamer. Someone dropped Taylor. Will make a play for him, Fitz, Beathard, Hundley in that order. Probably pick 3 of those guys and stream. ? 
I'm hoping to get Taylor or goff to pair with rivers. Decent schedule coming up.  

For those with bad options, you should consider hundley

Are people holding Rodgers in the hopes that he could be back for fantasy playoffs or just dropping?  Doesn't seem like we will have the official word by waivers tonight.

12 teamer (4 keeper league)

Got several offers:

Brady for my second pick

Big Ben for M Jones

Stafford for Mixon (can keep Mixon for free next year)

Maybe(non offcial) Newton for my second pick.

I'm going with Brady !

I'm trying for a dynasty trade with draft picks for Dak.  It's not the strongest offer but I see Tyrod Taylor out there and think I can get him in Free A/D after waivers.

Been offered Alex Smith for Brandon cooks (my #2 wr). I know Smith is having a great year but feel like he's going to regress. I also have Dalton on my bench

Targeting Tyrod on waivers. Don't feel great about it. I was offered Stafford for my Corey Coleman and I'm hesitant as Tyrod has outproduced him thus far and my WR depth is crap.

Long Ball Larry said:
Are people holding Rodgers in the hopes that he could be back for fantasy playoffs or just dropping?  Doesn't seem like we will have the official word by waivers tonight.
He is done for the year.  This is worse than the last time he did it

Been given several offers but not sure what my play is. Dalton is on waivers but prob wont make it to me.

I've been offered Cousins for Jordy Nelson

Ryan and Julio for Keenan Allen, McKinnon and Agholor

Big Ben for Marvin Jones and Agholor

Mariota and Thompson for McKinnon and Tevin Coleman

not sure what im going to do, but I did go ahead a drop Rodgers for those thinking of holding.

Trying to get Hundley off the wire this week.

Kicking around making a play for Andrew Luck.

I am swapping out defenses this week anyway, so I am just dropping the DEF to grab a QB and holding Rodgers til next week just to get a little more info.

Wait...when did Dalton become someone people thought was trustworthy?

Was surprised to see his ranking ROS by FBG’s Top 200 forward. 

I mean, he has Green and after the start of the season it could only get better because it couldn’t be any worse.

But do you think he could rally salvage a season?

Is there something about his schedule or the Bengals becoming suddenly good that I missed?

Wait...when did Dalton become someone people thought was trustworthy?

Was surprised to see his ranking ROS by FBG’s Top 200 forward. 

I mean, he has Green and after the start of the season it could only get better because it couldn’t be any worse.

But do you think he could rally salvage a season?

Is there something about his schedule or the Bengals becoming suddenly good that I missed?
OC change might have done him some good. 

How Cincinnati Bengals' Bill Lazor helped straighten out Andy Dalton

That said, his schedule doesn't look great. Maybe one of the worst remaining schedules in the league. But he does have some decent spots where you can stream him.

Guys, trade for Stafford. I'm guessing his owner will listen to offers. He's on bye to boot, so they likely have a backup plan in place. He can recover and probably still offers more upside than the list of development, rookie and journeymen under consideration.

i offered Rodgers owner Stafford for B Cooks .... no dice  (i thought it was fair / im not giving Staff away for trash)

Got Taylor and Fitz. Brethard got picked. Thinking about Hundly as a pick up if and when Jameis comes back. What are thoughts on Moore as a pick up if Cutler gets benched?

I traded for Rivers & grabbed McCown off the WW. Thinking about dropping O/Leary or Kroft to grab Hundley as well, but don't want 1 of these TEs to be serviceable & miss out. I have Gronk & want a decent backup if he gets hurt as I can win this year.

OC change might have done him some good. 

How Cincinnati Bengals' Bill Lazor helped straighten out Andy Dalton

That said, his schedule doesn't look great. Maybe one of the worst remaining schedules in the league. But he does have some decent spots where you can stream him.
Appreciate the insight, @ourmanflint  :thumbup:

OT -- deciding between Dalton and Siemian to back up Mariota -- Dalton has a great matchup with TEN's bye, but loving Siemian's FF playoff schedule of @MIA, NYJ, and @IND.

Appreciate the insight, @ourmanflint  :thumbup:

OT -- deciding between Dalton and Siemian to back up Mariota -- Dalton has a great matchup with TEN's bye, but loving Siemian's FF playoff schedule of @MIA, NYJ, and @IND.
I don't know how you could ever start siemian.  He is either ineffective or gets hurt in like half the games he starts.  You don't want that ever, let alone in the playoffs

I don't know how you could ever start siemian.  He is either ineffective or gets hurt in like half the games he starts.  You don't want that ever, let alone in the playoffs
I'm taking the chance with Siemian and added Bortles to pair with him. Only other real option was Dalton and his playoff schedule sucks. I keep telling myself that Rodgers always disappointed in the playoffs anyway so if I can just make it I'll be fine.

Can't believe I went from one qb to three. Hoping they IR Rodgers so I can free up a roster spot.

I think Hundley will be a pleasant surprise and a capable starter. As McCarthy said, they have three years invested in his development and it's obviously a qb friendly offense.

All the injuries on the o line are certainly concerning though.

davearm said:
I think Hundley will be a pleasant surprise and a capable starter. As McCarthy said, they have three years invested in his development and it's obviously a qb friendly offense.

All the injuries on the o line are certainly concerning though.
I agree on all points. Reason to be optimistic given Hundley's years of service under the same personnel/system. I have to believe that he would not be in the #2 QB slot if McCarthy had a list of concerns over his capability.

The only thing truly frightening from a fantasy football perspective is how your league penalizes for INTs. If he can't get that under control it could get too messy to play him before it gets better.

Managed to 'luck' into Palmer there after losing Rodgers. He's maybe turned a corner as of last week so for the time being I'm relatively happy 

sorry if this has already been discussed but has there been any news on when Rodgers would be placed on IR?   he's currently listed out and clogging a roster spot

I agree on all points. Reason to be optimistic given Hundley's years of service under the same personnel/system. I have to believe that he would not be in the #2 QB slot if McCarthy had a list of concerns over his capability.

The only thing truly frightening from a fantasy football perspective is how your league penalizes for INTs. If he can't get that under control it could get too messy to play him before it gets better.
Yeah I get -3 for turnovers.  Those are killers

AR owner in my redraft dropped him for Bortles. Took me 5 minutes to clean up the coffee I spit all over my desk & monitor.

sorry if this has already been discussed but has there been any news on when Rodgers would be placed on IR?   he's currently listed out and clogging a roster spot
If there is a miniscule chance he could come back they aren't going to place him on IR. Huntley only needs to go 4-6 for them to have an outside chance at a playoff spot.

He's totally done for fantasy purposes so it's safe to drop him. 

Users who are viewing this thread