What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza II: Here's Where the Story Ends (1 Viewer)

LINK TO THE ORIGINAL GENREPALOOZA

IN for part 2:

KP - 80s Hair Metal

Mr. Ected  - Acoustic/Unplugged

Northern Voice  - 90s Indie/Alternative

Hov34  - Slo-Mo Entrance songs

• "could have been used in a movie/TV Show or one you think would make a good slo mo entrance to." 
rockaction  - 90s hip-hop

JML  - Australian or New Zealand born singers

Doug B - British Top 10 Singles ('80-'89)

Dr. Octopus  - Beatlesque (sounds like The Beatles, but no Beatles in the band)

dal_boys_phan - After Hours

El Floppo - Post-Punk

OZ  - Southern Rock

ren hoek - New Millenium Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B

AhrnCity - '80s/90s Industrial

Steve Tasker  - Dream pop/Shoegaze

simey - Bluegrass

Bonzai - Outlaw Country

Ilov80s  - Power Trios

The Dreaded Marco - Baroque Pop

sn0mm1s - Songs Without Lyrics

Eephus  - Piano Ballads

Abrantes - Slapping the Bass

Waingro - TV Theme Songs

Mister CIA  - Muscle Shoals Studio

cosjobs  - Texas country rock

krista4 - Psychobilly/Cowpunk

Mrs. R - comedy tracks/skits <10mins long

Aerial Assault - shared vocals (3 or more different vocal parts in one song)

ScottNorwood - Pro Wrestler entrance song

Last edited by a moderator:
Genres By Round

Rounds 13&14:  Beatlesque, Muscle Shoals, Post Punk, Hair Metal

Rounds 15&16:  Hair Metal, Songs w/o Lyrics, Industrial, Singers Born Down Under. 

Rounds 17&18:  Texas Country Rock, Acoustic/Unplugged, New Millennium HH/R/R&B, TV Theme Songs

Rounds 19&20:  Slo-Mo Entrance Songs, Bluegrass, After Hours, Industrial (last time)

Rounds 21&22:   Acoustic/Unplugged (x3), Shared Vocals (x3), Post-Punk (x3), Psychobilly/Cowpunk

Rounds 23&24:  Songs Without Lyrics (x3), 80s Hair Metal (x3), Psychobilly/Cowpunk (x2), Pro Wrestler Entrances

Rounds 25&26:  Baroque Pop (x2), British Top 10, Southern Rock, Slap Bass

Rounds 27&28:  Baroque Pop (x3), TV Theme Songs (x3), Slo-Mo Entrance Songs (x3), Comedy Tracks/Skits

Rounds 29&30:  Texas Country Rock (x3), After Hours (x3), British Top 10s (x2), and Slap Bass (x2)

Rounds 31&32:  90s Hip Hop/Rap (x3), Slap Bass (x3), British Top 10 (x3), Comedy Tracks/Skits (x2)

Rounds 33&34:  Bluegrass (x3), Pro Wrestler Enrances (x2), Piano Ballads (x2), Southern Rock (x2)

Rounds 35&36:  Dream Pop, Born Down Under (x3), Power Trios, Comedy Tracks/Skits (x3)

Rounds 37&38:  Psychobilly/Cowpunk (x3), Power Trios (x2), Outlaw Country, Piano Ballads (x3)

Rounds 39&40:  Wildcard Rounds

DICE ROLL INFO:

Genres Rolled Once:

Dream Pop/Shoegaze, Outlaw Country

Genres Rolled Twice:

New Millennium Hip Hip/Rap/R&B, Pro Wrestler Entrance Songs, Southern Rock, Power Trios

Retired Genres:

90s Alt/Indie, Beatlesque, Muscle Shoals Studio, 80s/90s Industrial, Acoustic/Unplugged, Shared Vocals, Post-Punk, Songs Without Lyrics, 80s Hair Metal, Slo-Mo Entrance Songs, Baroque Pop, TV Theme Songs, Texas Country Rock, After Hours, 90s Hip Hop/Rap, British Top 10s, Slap Bass, Songs Without Lyrics, 80s Hair Metal, Bluegrass

SLAP BASS  1-35

MUSCLE SHOALS STUDIO  36-70

COMEDY TRACKS/SKITS  71-105

DREAM POP/SHOEGAZE  106-140

80S/90S INDUSTRIAL  141-175

PSYCHOBILLY/COWPUNK  176-210

ACOUSTIC/UNPLUGGED 211-245

AUSTRALIAN OR NEW ZEALAND BORN SINGERS  246-280

90S HIP-HOP/RAP  281-315

BRITISH TOP 10 (1980-1989)  316-350

PRO WRESTLER ENTRANCE MUSIC 351-385

90S INDIE/ALTERNATIVE7  386-420

TEXAS COUNTRY ROCK  421-455

POWER TRIOS 456-490

PIANO BALLADS 491-525

AFTER HOURS 526-560

SOUTHERN ROCK  561-595

POST PUNK  596-630

NEW MILLENIUM HIP-HOP/RAP/R&B  631-665

SLO-MO ENTRANCE SONGS 666-700

BLUEGRASS 701-735

HAIR METAL 736-770

SHARED VOCALS 771-805

SONGS WITHOUT LYRICS 806-840

BEATLESQUE 841-875

TV THEME SONGS 876-910

BAROQUE POP 911-945

OUTLAW COUNTRY 946-980

RE-ROLL THE DICE IF IT'S 981-1000

I looked back over the last couple pages of the DR Draft, and I have 15 or so that have expressed interest in the next draft. They didn't all say they were necessarily for GII, but....

KarmaPolice - IN
Hov34 - IN
Northern Voice - IN
Mr. Ected - IN

Eephus
The Dreaded Marco
Aerial Assault
cosjobs
Mrs. Rannous
otb_lifer
rockaction
John Maddens Lunchbox
dal_boys_phan
El Floppo
Ilove80s

I looked back over the last couple pages of the DR Draft, and I have 15 or so that have expressed interest in the next draft. They didn't all say they were necessarily for GII, but....

KarmaPolice - IN
Hov34 - IN
Northern Voice - IN
Mr. Ected - IN

Eephus
The Dreaded Marco
Aerial Assault
cosjobs
Mrs. Rannous
otb_lifer
rockaction
John Maddens Lunchbox
dal_boys_phan
El Floppo
Ilove80s
Nice - thanks.  Tomorrow I will look over the drafters from GP1 and send up the bat signal too. 

This is a sequel - that means we need more rounds, drunk lyric postings, explosions, and participants!

I like Eephus' idea of doing something like a Round 0 or Genre Round when everyone picks their Genre. After that we go to picking the songs as 'normal' for the rest of the draft. His thought was that the songs picked in the first round didn't get any attention because everyone was chattering about the genres.

I posted the link to the original in the 2nd post for a reminder of what the genres were for ideas for any new drafters we might have. 

Are we allowing reuse of genres?
I don't see a problem with it in general, but I would suggest if we double up genres not to double up songs since we have the playlists.  A couple like trip hop and grunge had huge playlists, but one like old time R&R were the last to roll and didn't get a lot of songs, so I could see trying that one again if somebody wanted. 

How about this - a drafter can't nominate the same one again, but somebody else can nominate it? 

it might be that these projects that have been hovering finally drop in my lap... but until then- yes. (and even after- I think I can figure this out if I don't have to hold anybody up).

Thanks for the invite but have to pass on this one. Too much going on at work and after to do a draft this long and has research involved.

I'll have to pass on this as well - thanks for the signal. 

Work has gotten much busier than the old days, when I could do draft after draft. :(

Please continue to keep me in the loop on these things though - won't always be that crazy.

I'm out.  Have a lot going on right now.  I would've picked Video Game Music so you can all thank me for bowing out.  

Hah, I was just wondering recently if we had any music drafts going on right now. Was looking for solid playlists on Spotify, realized I was following @The Dreaded Marco, dug up one of his draft playlists and it was money (no surprise, hella overlap on our tastes).

Last Genrepalooza came around right when I was getting ready for a big trip, but sure, I'm in for this. :)

So when do we give our genre/category and who has the final say/ridicule over my crappy category?

So when do we give our genre/category and who has the final say/ridicule over my crappy category?
Mrs. KP and KP Jr's birthdays are tomorrow, so I won't be around quite as much.  Here is what I was thinking: 

1.  We will give it through tomorrow for people to respond to the bat signal or just pop in because we are cool. 

2.  Tomorrow late afternoon or at night I will randomize a draft order and we can slowly start after that. 

3.  I liked Eephus' observation about not taking songs in the 1st round, so this is what we will try:

• Round 1 - we draft our genre/category only.  No songs.  This will give us time to make sure everybody knows what we are thinking with the selections and let them sink in. 
  • Round 2 -  Wild card round = you can draft a song from ANY category (even your own). 
  • Rounds 3&4 - I will do the dice roll sometime during Rd2 and let everybody know what the genres for these two rounds will be. These will be the only 3 genres that we can take songs from during those 2 rounds. 
  • Rounds 5 - X - Same as above, I will preroll the categories and post them, and then we will choose from those ones for each increment of 2 rounds. 
  • Round X+1 - After the last category gets rolled and those two rounds finish, we will have one last Wild card round to take a song from whatever category you wish. 

NO TIMER for rounds 1 and 2, and we can discuss a timer after that.  The way it will probably shake out, I would imagine we wouldn't think about a timer until Monday at the earliest with the weekend approaching after we get through the first couple rounds. 

Do we have an idea of how many 'rounds' (2 picks out of 3 Genres) we are going to do? Will we always have 3 choices?

Working on the spreadsheet, nerding it up as high as possible. :nerd:

Users who are viewing this thread