What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When Should Game Threads Be Unpinned? (1 Viewer)

When Should Game Threads Be Unpinned?

• 1 day after game is played

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • 2 days after game is played

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 3 days after game is played

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 days after game is played

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Game threads should never be pinned

Votes: 8 10.0%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
The game threads are often a good place to discuss what's happening. Our Maurile Tremblay posts these and "pins" them so they stay at the top. 

The question we have for you guys is when you'd like to see them unpinned?

Thanks. 

voted 1 day. it's great to see it pinned during the game so I don't have to look for it before I tag myself to it, but after game day it's easy enough to find it if it's not pinned. if there's a hot topic in the game then it won't likely leave the first page or two for a few days anyway.

Yeah, immediately after the game needs to be an option. When there are a lot of 1PM games, half the front page is dedicated to pinned threads.

Voted 1 day.

A better question would be when should game-day threads be pinned? Most weeks we're lucky if Monday and Thursday games get pinned before halftime. ;)

Judging on the number of posts, I don't think any Charger game threads need to be pinned in the first place, much less unpinned.

Otherwise, ideally game threads could be unpinned as close to the end of the game in question as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
voted 1 day. it's great to see it pinned during the game so I don't have to look for it before I tag myself to it, but after game day it's easy enough to find it if it's not pinned. if there's a hot topic in the game then it won't likely leave the first page or two for a few days anyway.
Agree

Yeah, immediately after the game needs to be an option. When there are a lot of 1PM games, half the front page is dedicated to pinned threads.
The 1 pm games are always unpinned as they end to make room for the 4 pm games. The 4 pm games are also unpinned when they end.

The games that generally stay up longer are the Thursday night, Sunday night, and Monday night games. Please interpret the poll to be asking about those games. Thanks.

TNF can come down before the weekend starts, NLT midnight EST Friday - I guess one day.

SNF shouldn’t still be pinned once we’re within 1-2 hours of MNF kickoff. I know Sunday night & Monday morning are a mad scramble so NBD. 

MNF should be unpinned after 24ish hours.

Typically, for years, there was never a TNF, SNF or MNF game thread started / pinned by staff. If the latter two did get pinned it would always stay up until Wed or Thu. I want to say this year getting those started has been better? But not sure.

Typically, for years, there was never a TNF, SNF or MNF game thread started / pinned by staff. If the latter two did get pinned it would always stay up until Wed or Thu. I want to say this year getting those started has been better? But not sure.
They've been pretty inconsistent this year as well. I'm always around on Sundays to do the 1pm and 4pm games. But I'm not always on the internet when the Primetime games start or end, so I don't always start or pin those threads, and almost never unpin them right when they end.

The 1 pm games are always unpinned as they end to make room for the 4 pm games. The 4 pm games are also unpinned when they end.

The games that generally stay up longer are the Thursday night, Sunday night, and Monday night games. Please interpret the poll to be asking about those games. Thanks.
All game threads should be unpinned consistently - when they end.

No need for them to be pinned at all once the game starts is there? If the game has any fantasy relevance, the thread will keep moving to the top of the board.

all game threads should be unpinned..in this day and age everyone knows what's going on , all the time. don't really think we need Muscles Marinara from Jersey City saying 'ruh roh' when Player X gets hurt..like we dont know that OBJ got hurt..even 10 secs after it happened we ALL KNOW ..and all I've ever seen in these game threads is that 'ruh roh' comment...where does that even come from ?  who speaks like that? is it from a John Candy movie or something? if so that movie ended like 40 years ago.let it go..

I find these threads utterly useless..but that's just me..if you keep the threads please install some sort of censorship ala the tatum bell stuff so we NEVER EVER EVER have to read such luminary comments as 'ruh roh' when someone gets hurt in a game and posts such cutting edge comments on this site...absolutely the WORST thing about these 'game' threads.

Joe Bryant said:
The game threads are often a good place to discuss what's happening. Our Maurile Tremblay posts these and "pins" them so they stay at the top. 

The question we have for you guys is when you'd like to see them unpinned?

Thanks. 
I was going to vote for something sooner than even a day. To me when the game ends unpin them.

i do like them pinned during the games for easy access.

Maurile Tremblay said:

If it's one game, no big deal if it's pinned for a few days. Anybody complaining about one extra thread going to page 2 needs a life coach BAD.

When they blow the final whistle the 1pm Sunday games should be unpinned. They are pretty easy to find and no need to have up to 14 pinned game threads on page 1 all day Monday

Game threads should never be posted, but... create a folder, like the player thread index, that is the game thread index. You can pin just one perma-thread and get to any game thread in two easy clicks. Pinning just one folder with links to all game threads would keep the 1st page of SP clean looking, pinning all of the games is too much of the 30 thread count on the first page of the forum. Added bonus: each week you would just edit the list to put the most recent week's games on the top of the list, and you would have links to every game thread for every week of the season in one convenient place.

Game threads should never be posted, but... create a folder, like the player thread index, that is the game thread index. You can pin just one perma-thread and get to any game thread in two easy clicks. Pinning just one folder with links to all game threads would keep the 1st page of SP clean looking, pinning all of the games is too much of the 30 thread count on the first page of the forum. Added bonus: each week you would just edit the list to put the most recent week's games on the top of the list, and you would have links to every game thread for every week of the season in one convenient place.
This is a pretty good idea. We have a politics forum, can't we have a game thread forum? This would also have the advantage of saving threads from prior weeks if people want to go back and look at thoughts about Corey Coleman from September. That would save valuable front page real estate.

This is a pretty good idea. We have a politics forum, can't we have a game thread forum? This would also have the advantage of saving threads from prior weeks if people want to go back and look at thoughts about Corey Coleman from September. That would save valuable front page real estate.
ditto + 1

Joe isn't gonna like the idea of splitting the forum up this much. He had to push himself to make the politics forum happen. In this case I'm fine with game threads being part of the shark pool. They trickle down into irrelevancy after each week with no problems.

Joe isn't gonna like the idea of splitting the forum up this much. He had to push himself to make the politics forum happen. In this case I'm fine with game threads being part of the shark pool. They trickle down into irrelevancy after each week with no problems.
Look at how well the politic forum worked though. The FFA is actually readable again, with a great timewaster and several interesting threads posted. My only real problem with the game threads is when the 1PM games are still pinned and the 4PM games get pinned as well. with 40 possible topics on the front page, half of the page is pinned threads.

I would make it a single pinned topic like the "index to offensive players and team threads" and "board rules - please read". Click on the pinned "index to game threads" and it opens a page to individual game threads. You could keep the index pinned and never pin the games.

..and all I've ever seen in these game threads is that 'ruh roh' comment...where does that even come from ?  who speaks like that? is it from a John Candy movie or something? if so that movie ended like 40 years ago.let it go..
Dude 

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=mJHqWefULsbNmwH05Zm4Cw&q=scooby+doo+ruh+roh+gif&oq=scoobie+doo+r&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.3.0i10k1l5.4137.29722.0.34215.28.20.8.8.8.0.346.4283.0j8j9j2.20.0....0...1.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..0.28.2965.3..0j41j0i131k1.159.amoGIufF9hc#imgrc=n_n2kGRiaORk7M:

Voted 1 day. But only because Immediately after game ends was not an option.

Pin as close to game time ### possible.

Unpin as close to game ending as  possible.

Is it possible to automate this so that no one has to be here just to do that? Everything could be preset beforehand with the time that the thread would be (created or at least) locked.

If that is possible perhaps a time (I'd say 3 1/2 hours after game start time), the thread could be automatically unpinned?

This plan is exactly what I was going to suggest after I read the limited options in the poll. 

TNF, SNF and MNF for one day. 

All the 1pm and 4pm games unpinned after game ends. 

Users who are viewing this thread