What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Camaro Owners (1 Viewer)

I hear as an incentive that Chevy is throwing in a free ten pack of wife beaters and a value size Drakkar Noir. 

:drivesawayin2017Mustang:

I've got the 2012 RS. I don't drive enough to find any negatives. just went over 4k miles. Unfortunately they changed the body and it now looks more like a mustang whereas back in gen 5, it was unique looking..

nice, we have not driven that one yet.   It is a little more pricey, but I think it has a ton more HP. 
You can't even use all the power of a V-6 Camaro which has the same performance of a 1985 Ferrari 308 GTSi QV. Virtually the same 0-60 and same top end. What do you do with the Camaro V-8?

That being said, if I could afford it I would by the 2013- present version of the Corvette with as much power as possible even though I couldn't use it. That is one beautifully designed car.  

Was looking at the new Camaro 2017/2018.  I really like the SS2 and drove it for a few days only about 150 miles.    More comfortable than I thought it would be from the looks.   A lot of power, and very loud / douchey if you want it to be.     Anyone else own a camaro that could give any insight on the negatives / posivites?   Thanks.  

http://petalmist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2018-Chevrolet-Camaro-horsepower-ss-1le-.jpg
I took one of these out on the track (love rental car track days).  By the third run the tranny was done (completely overheated).  I personally would not like to own one of these but i use my cars to the maximum they will perform.  For comparison i have taken multiple mustangs (5.0 and GT's), the Caddy CTS V and various other platforms that never had a problem.  Not sure how long you plan on keeping it but i would be worried about longevity.  

I took one of these out on the track (love rental car track days).  By the third run the tranny was done (completely overheated).  I personally would not like to own one of these but i use my cars to the maximum they will perform.  For comparison i have taken multiple mustangs (5.0 and GT's), the Caddy CTS V and various other platforms that never had a problem.  Not sure how long you plan on keeping it but i would be worried about longevity.  
I was watching a video today about this issue.  Apparently the new camaro has a lot of cooling system.   

I was watching a video today about this issue.  Apparently the new camaro has a lot of cooling system.   
ZL1 has 11 intercoolers to keep things cool, never had an issue.  650 hp, 0-60 in 3.5, incredible power and it handles so well, so much fun to drive, just packed with features.  My favorite is the programmable exhaust notes.  On the touchscreen, you can put it in "stealth" mode, where it sounds like a quiet V6 if theres ever a time you don't want to be a #####.  There are a couple other modes (tour and sport), then "track" mode for totally obnoxious ##### factor.  I had a C6 corvette for years, tested the new vette grand sport and the zl1, it wasn't even close.

TheGooRoo said:
ZL1 has 11 intercoolers to keep things cool, never had an issue.  650 hp, 0-60 in 3.5, incredible power and it handles so well, so much fun to drive, just packed with features.  My favorite is the programmable exhaust notes.  On the touchscreen, you can put it in "stealth" mode, where it sounds like a quiet V6 if theres ever a time you don't want to be a #####.  There are a couple other modes (tour and sport), then "track" mode for totally obnoxious ##### factor.  I had a C6 corvette for years, tested the new vette grand sport and the zl1, it wasn't even close.
Those things are fast.  Fun looking car!

lod001 said:
That being said, if I could afford it I would by the 2013- present version of the Corvette with as much power as possible even though I couldn't use it. That is one beautifully designed car.  
Agreed, until you get to the rear end and find that they screwed with the iconic tail lights. It's a travesty imo. They look so pretty otherwise. Fantastic remaining of the stingray. Superb, if you can get past the transformer view from the back (I can't). 

I imagine like all cars, there are good and bad within common models. I own '13 Camaro and have had it the entire 120,000+ miles and it's been the best car I've ever owned and have enjoyed driving it. This was supposed to be my stair-step to a 'Vette...but until that day comes....I like the Camaro.

Was looking at the new Camaro 2017/2018.  I really like the SS2 and drove it for a few days only about 150 miles.    More comfortable than I thought it would be from the looks.   A lot of power, and very loud / douchey if you want it to be.     Anyone else own a camaro that could give any insight on the negatives / posivites?   Thanks.  

http://petalmist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2018-Chevrolet-Camaro-horsepower-ss-1le-.jpg
Daily driver?  My 2015 Mustang was a blast unless I had to road trip or drive in snow.  Had to pick between the suitcase and golf clubs for business trips.

I can't speak to the newer ones but I had a 2002 SS with all the SLP goodies that had 180,000 miles before I sold it.  I think most modern cars will last as long as you take care of them.

Users who are viewing this thread