What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dede Westbrook - It’s go time! (1 Viewer)

Gonna start him on a prayer.  Need to make up a bunch of points to grab the last play-off spot.  Here's hoping he can break a long TD.

Yeah you absolutely can't trust him just yet. Even cut him in redraft where I was set at the position, though I do like him for dynasty. Let him put up some stats on a somewhat regular basis first before he's anywhere near my lineup. 

I just can't plug him in over Fitz, T. Hill or Thielen. But I think he has a good week.
I don't think I'll regret keeping him on the bench although he probably will score more than 1 of my starters. I'm good waiting for confirmation. I'm also talking keeper/dynasty here...

It's all relative to whomever else is on your roster. His targets so far have been encouraging.
I get taking a shot when your other options are mediocre or unproven themselves. But over Dez or TY or even a banged up Juju like on the previous page - that's a lot of faith that I don't have in him just yet. 

With Hurns probably back next week it would take serious stones to start him in playoffs don't you think?

What's impressive to me is they're essentially using Westbrook as a possession receiver & he's excelling. Hard to do as a rookie, much less one that's missed half the season.

Key point is while Westbrook is currently being used to move the chains, he has the ability to take the top off of Ds. Westbrook has great speed & explosion. Also, unlike many speedy WRs, he snatches the ball & has very good hands.

Westbrook has an outstanding all-around game & plays bigger than his 6' 178-pound frame would suggest. I believe we're eventually looking at the Jags' #1 WR & what could be a WR1 in FF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might seem odd, but it seems to me like everytime he gets hit he flies like a ragdoll. I'm afraid hes not going to get up one of these times

Hopefully he becomes a playoff difference maker.  Definitely starting him weeks 15 & 16.  Tempted this week but other options are just as good and have better matchups.

SEA is ranked 27th in DVOA vs WR2 - see N. Agholor last week - I'm definitely starting him in one of my leagues and probably both.

He looked like he did in preseason. Good hands, decent speed, nice body control. I like the way he goes up for the ball.

I honestly have more confidence when they throw to Westbrook than I do when they throw to Marqise Lee.

Dede and Keelan Cole are doing their best to make Hurns and/or Lee expendable next year.

More importantly, the OLine kept a clean pocket and Good Bortles showed up.

John Oehser @JohnOehser 46m

Jaguars WR Allen Hurns (ankle) expected to practice Wednesday after missing the last five games.

He looked like he did in preseason. Good hands, decent speed, nice body control. I like the way he goes up for the ball.

I honestly have more confidence when they throw to Westbrook than I do when they throw to Marqise Lee.

Dede and Keelan Cole are doing their best to make Hurns and/or Lee expendable next year.

More importantly, the OLine kept a clean pocket and Good Bortles showed up.
Isn't Hurns a FA? I thought that they were losing both Robinson and Hurns. I believe DeDe is in line to be WR1 next season unless they go do something crazy and bring in a high priced vet

Isn't Hurns a FA? I thought that they were losing both Robinson and Hurns. I believe DeDe is in line to be WR1 next season unless they go do something crazy and bring in a high priced vet
Hurns signed a 4 year extension last year. He's due to make 8 mil. He could be a cap casualty but they might rework his deal. I doubt he's back at that number. 

Lee is a UFA who they will let somebody else overpay. Dede / Cole / Mickens has shown he's expendable.

ARob is a UFA. I think they at least try to keep him.

Hurns signed a 4 year extension last year. He's due to make 8 mil. He could be a cap casualty but they might rework his deal. I doubt he's back at that number. 

Lee is a UFA who they will let somebody else overpay. Dede / Cole / Mickens has shown he's expendable.

ARob is a UFA. I think they at least try to keep him.
That's right. Lee is the UFA. Thanks. Hurns and DeDe would be a good combo next year... 

Westbrook is going to be a huge value next year. It's really impressive how quickly Dede has gotten acclimated after missing half the season. Westbrook caused 2 PIs in the end zone in week 15 & had a nice 4-74 on 7 targets this week & may have had a TD if the Jags had challenged the play.

Big-time upside regardless if A-Rob resigns. We could be looking at their top WR as early as the 2018 season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Westbrook is going to be a huge value next year. It's really impressive how quickly Dede has gotten acclimated after missing half the season. Westbrook caused 2 PIs in the end zone in week 15 & had a nice 4-74 on 7 targets this week & may have had a TD if the Jags had challenged the play.

Big-time upside regardless if A-Rob resigns. We could be looking at their top WR as early as the 2018 season.
Not concerned that Cole has out produced him 3 straight weeks? 

Anyone know why Dede is nowhere to be seen in The game today?  They’re playing horns and Cole over him.  Has he been demoted or injured?  He had a very quiet finish to the season after his first four games as a pro.  

Anyone know why Dede is nowhere to be seen in The game today?  They’re playing horns and Cole over him.  Has he been demoted or injured?  He had a very quiet finish to the season after his first four games as a pro.  
Because horns and Cole are better than him. Dede's hype is in front of his reality at this point. 

Users who are viewing this thread