What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why the (heck) do people buy Milky Way candy bars??? (1 Viewer)

Koya

Footballguy
It's 98% puffed-up, tasteless sugar, surrounded by the thinnest layer of milk chocolate...      Minus the milkyness and chocolateyness. 

Other than that, great.

WTF, people? Less Milky Way, more KitKat and Twix... or at least mini Krackel and Mr. Goodbars.

It's 98% puffed-up, tasteless sugar, surrounded by the thinnest layer of milk chocolate...      Minus the milkyness and chocolateyness. 

Other than that, great.

WTF, people? Less Milky Way, more KitKat and Twix... or at least mini Krackel and Mr. Goodbars.
All those are basically the same swill.

#candysnob

Agree. Nougat and malt aren't good. This is not 1942. "We don't need you guys anymore."
The dark chocolate version in the snack size are edible (not too much), but I can't eat the traditional ones anymore.  

Don't even get me started about the ####tiness of a 3 Musketeers.  

Other than that, great.

I agree with a slightly different take. Get a Snickers or 3 Muskteers instead. 

I put that pos 3 Musketeers in the same boat.  I love coconut but I'm just not a fan of Mounds, I don't know if it's just too sweet or what the problem is.  

1.) Reese's peanut butter cups

2.) M&M's (prefer plain but peanut are 2nd.)

3.) Butterfinger

4.) Snickers

5.) Twix

6.) Mars Bars

7.) Clark Bar / 5th Avenue

8.) Heath/Skor

9.) Caramello

10.) Pay Day

The dark chocolate version in the snack size are edible (not too much), but I can't eat the traditional ones anymore.  

Don't even get me started about the ####tiness of a 3 Musketeers.  
I don't think I would ever eat a full size candy bar again. The idea is gross as hell. A Reeses' OTOH, that is real right. 

Speaking of classic candy bars, you ever have a Marathon candy bar? How about the Charleston Chew? 
I never understood the the Charleston Chew thing, but there is a only 2 stores that sell them near us and if I go to either and don't get my husband a strawberry Charleston Chew he gets mad. 

I put that pos 3 Musketeers in the same boat.  I love coconut but I'm just not a fan of Mounds, I don't know if it's just too sweet or what the problem is.  

3.) Butterfinger
2/3 genius

1/3 braindead 

I never understood the the Charleston Chew thing, but there is a only 2 stores that sell them near us and if I go to either and don't get my husband a strawberry Charleston Chew he gets mad. 
Is your husband my sister by any chance?

I mean, they're not the greatest candy around, but a frozen Milky Way is definitely good enough to keep it around.

Absolutely!
1. Butterfinger. It's gross and just gets all in your teeth. What flavor is that? It like crystalizes in my mouth. YUUUCK

2. Movies about climbing mountains. Cliffhanger was really good but the genre got maxed out there. No need to make more.

3. Marie Calendars frozen meals. I have never had one- heard they are good. That is irrelevant.  I just hate the name. It sounds dumb. You ever met somone with the last name "Calendars"? WTF? 

I agree with a slightly different take. Get a Snickers or 3 Muskteers instead. 
What brought this i-wrath upon us was my (soon to be ex? things are complicated) wife bringing my a mini snickers and milky way... Snickers is hardly the Michael Jordan of chocolate bars, but it all but eclipsed the resultant lack of joy provided by the Milky Way.

HOLY #### - In the time it took for drunk, now candy bar ridden me to type this, I see a #### load of responses.

:popcorn:    

but popcorn = chocolate

What brought this i-wrath upon us was my (soon to be ex? things are complicated) wife bringing my a mini snickers and milky way... Snickers is hardly the Michael Jordan of chocolate bars, but it all but eclipsed the resultant lack of joy provided by the Milky Way.

HOLY #### - In the time it took for drunk, now candy bar ridden me to type this, I see a #### load of responses.

:popcorn:    

but popcorn = chocolate
I understand the bolded part. Not sure I get the rest. 

Agree. Nougat and malt aren't good. This is not 1942. "We don't need you guys anymore."
Whoa.  Whoa.  You can take the nougat, but we still need malt. One of the best things in the bulk candy aisle are those chocolate covered malt balls.

1. Butterfinger. It's gross and just gets all in your teeth. What flavor is that? It like crystalizes in my mouth. YUUUCK

2. Movies about climbing mountains. Cliffhanger was really good but the genre got maxed out there. No need to make more.

3. Marie Calendars frozen meals. I have never had one- heard they are good. That is irrelevant.  I just hate the name. It sounds dumb. You ever met somone with the last name "Calendars"? WTF? 
1.) Okay I get that it sticks to your teeth but that flavor is pure f-ing awesome, it's pretty much like crack to me so I try to stay away from candy as much as I can.

2.) Cliffhanger is the only mountain climbing movie I'm familiar with.  

3.) I've never had one either, I'm not a frozen dinner kind of a guy. . . frozen pizza but it's not like a whole meal thing.  

Whoa.  Whoa.  You can take the nougat, but we still need malt. One of the best things in the bulk candy aisle are those chocolate covered malt balls.
Malt sucks.

THERE. I said it. 

Egg Cream's though? Properly done? Perfection

Blasphemy putting Skor anywhere near Heath
I agree but whenever I mention Heath to some people they'll say "is that like a Skor?" and I'll say yes but the Heath is edible and delicious whereas the Skor looks just like it but you're not supposed to eat it but instead put it under the part of the table leg that's wobbly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a good woman and he is a decent man. 
It is his bowling night, so he gets a pass. Tonight might be the exception though. He is snoring so loud, I am weighing my 3 options. I could smother his head with an extra pillow, I could go sleep on the couch or in the spare room, or I might just slowly use my legs and feet to slowly push him towards the edge of the bed until he falls off the bed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It is his bowling night, so he gets a pass. Tonight might be the exception though. He is snoring so loud, I am weighing my 3 options. I could another his head with an extra pillow, I could go sleep on the couch or in the spare room, or I might just slowly us my legs and feet to slowly push him towards the edge of the bed until he falls off the bed. 
Get some good sleep tonight. Your real advantage will be tomorrow when he potentially doesn't remember the entire night. 

3.) Butterfinger

4.) Snickers

5.) Twix

6.) Mars Bars

7.) Clark Bar / 5th Avenue

8.) Heath/Skor

9.) Caramello

10.) Pay Day
Been buying bags of Mini Reese’s lately. Man are those things dangerous, it’s an addiction. Kids like them too.

Because they taste good.

Why do people's candy preferences anger you so much?  Let it all out, we're all friends here.

Milky Way is low on the chocolate candy bar tier, but I'd take it over the super sweet or sour candy like Sour Patch or Nerds 

Users who are viewing this thread