What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Am I missing something with R Wilson?? Rest of year rank (1 Viewer)

Who am I?

Footballguy
I was offered Russell Wilson in a trade. I currently have Rivers and Winston. According to the rest of year ranking, I should consider this.

But after looking at the stats, I just don't see it. Both Rivers and Winston outscore him. In fact they BOTH outscored him last year.

FBG is not the only site who has him top 3. What am I missing??

I was offered Russell Wilson in a trade. I currently have Rivers and Winston. According to the rest of year ranking, I should consider this.

But after looking at the stats, I just don't see it. Both Rivers and Winston outscore him. In fact they BOTH outscored him last year.

FBG is not the only site who has him top 3. What am I missing??

What format is your QB scoring? In my leagues Wilson is outscoring Rivers by 3 PPG and Winston by 4.5 PPG.

As for the ROS ranking...Wilson has finished as a top 3 QB pretty consistently when healthy, has a good floor and a high weekly ceiling. I'm not really surprised. Winston is up and down and Rivers is always a safe QB1 but not always top tier. 

Also, last year Wilson started the year injured and then got better as he got healthier, finishing hot. The second half of the year he was a top 3 QB (as he usually is when healthy, like I said above).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my guess is that it's the rest of the way rankings.  I believe if you look at his second half of the last year, Wilson got red hot.  I find it hard to beleive over that time that Rivers or Watson outscored him (that was probably due to his slow start).

So if you believe he is going to have another strong finish, I would rank him higher than either of those guys.  Plus Rivers and Winston have lower floors.  And they will both hit them along the way. 

The other site I view has Wilson 3 as well.  Your two guys as 8 and 9.

If I only had either Rivers or Winston, I would take the trade.  Since you can platoon your guys, you may be fine.

Russell has a pretty nice schedule for the remainder of the season. I don't know that I'd trade much for him if I have Rivers and Winston but I do think he'll outscore both by a few ppg in most formats.

Russell has a pretty nice schedule for the remainder of the season. I don't know that I'd trade much for him if I have Rivers and Winston but I do think he'll outscore both by a few ppg in most formats.
Does that nice schedule give any of his WRs a boost? Perhaps Paul Richardson can live up to the hype.

QB7 currently on PPG basis

The one I have hard time with is believing Dak will be QB2 (QB5 PPG.)

I guess they’re expecting both to leapfrog Smith (mah “backup” :unsure: ), Watson, and Wentz. 

Alex is having an amazing year.

Whatever you would have to give up is too much. Wilson has struggled without a run game.

Winston has a nice playoff schedule. Rivers is Rivers.

I don't think the upgrade is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread