What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scrambling at WR in dynasty. Trade for Fitz? (1 Viewer)

Make the trade for Fitz?

• Yes. It's good enough value and helps your team.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. You're giving up too much. Keep looking.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Avery

Footballguy
Have a dynasty/contract team PPR team that is entirely snakebit at WR to say the least with my IR players being a better roster than my active players. So I trade for Sanders and he promptly gets hurt too and now he's down on a "week to week" basis.  :wall:

Believe it or not, I'm still sitting at #2 in the league and 1st in my division so I don't feel like packing it in but also not looking to entirely mortgage my future. At the same time, people are not looking to help me so they are either saying "no" to trade offers with no counter or just asking for an overpay.

I have an offer for Fitzgerald from the A. Jones owner.

It's hard to predict where that pick will be, as we play for the top pick (top six teams play for the title and bottom six team play for the best pick).

He gets: His original 2018 1st (likely to be low - I got this pick in an earlier trade) + Montgomery (he also has A. Jones)
I get: Fitzgerald + his 2018 2nd (will likely be high) + 2019 2nd

There is a slight dynasty contract issue with Fitz as his contract is expiring after this year. but I can resign him at a cost.  The bigger issue with him is that he may be retiring after this year.

Overall, if my pick predictions come in, I slide down a few slots in next years draft, get and extra 2nd in 2019 and give up Montgomery for Fitz and this might be the only offer I can get.

I'm not hating it given where I am but would love you opinion.  What say you? 

Edit to add roster:
Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex WR/RB, TE
Note that I only have to start 1 RB.
QB – D. Brees
RB – L. Miller, T. Montgomery, Duke Johnson, A. Collins, D. Booker, E. Ellington, D. Foreman (R)
WR – D. Bryant, E. Sanders, R. Louis, R. Lewis, M. Goodwin, T. Ginn, B. Folwer, L. Treadwell, O. Beckham (IR), K. White (IR), B. Marshall (IR)
TE – R. Gronkowski, B. Watson, T. Croft, T. Eifert (IR)

Last edited by a moderator:
Post the rest of your team. How much does losing Monty hurt your RB's? From a dynasty standpoint Fitz is worthless while Monty has some value.

Post the rest of your team. How much does losing Monty hurt your RB's? From a dynasty standpoint Fitz is worthless while Monty has some value.
Good point.

Edited original post to include roster and lineup requirements.  One question for Monty is how much does he help my team this year? With Rodgers out and A. Jones carving out a role, I may be better starting Miller + Bryant, Sanders (when he's healthy) and Fitz.

I also wouldn't go as far to say Fitz is worthless.  He is not guaranteed to retire this year and Montgomery is far from a guaranteed prospect.  At some point, current production has to enter the equation as well as age and putting myself in a better position to win this year, if that trade does that, has value.

... at least that's what I'm thinking... 

You are doing more than just sliding down a few picks in the first round.  You are losing a first round pick.  I realize you still have a 1st rounder but you aren't replacing the pick you are giving up with one a few picks later.  You are losing a first round pick.  I don't think Fitz is worth giving up Montgomery and a first rounder. 

If you can afford to give up Montgomery I would offer him plus a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Fitz.  No way I include a first rounder as well

You are doing more than just sliding down a few picks in the first round.  You are losing a first round pick.  I realize you still have a 1st rounder but you aren't replacing the pick you are giving up with one a few picks later.  You are losing a first round pick.  I don't think Fitz is worth giving up Montgomery and a first rounder. 

If you can afford to give up Montgomery I would offer him plus a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Fitz.  No way I include a first rounder as well
Appreciate the feedback.

I get that I am giving up a first round pick once you get beyond the nomenclature of a "1st round pick" or a "2nd round pick" this being a serpentine draft, predicting I'm giving away a low 1st for a high 2nd, I am sliding down a few picks if my prediction come true.

Also, I would love to offer him less, and I have, (don't have a 2nd rounder next year right now) but this is the best offer I can get for Fitz and I'm having no luck getting a deal elsewhere for a WR.

I still think it is too steep.  I think you already saw Fitz's best game last week.  He is a solid low end WR2 at this point.  He always has a game or two like last week but has many blah games mixed in at this point in his career.  Last week went perfectly for the Cards.  I don't see that script happening again this year. 

I still think it is too steep.  I think you already saw Fitz's best game last week.  He is a solid low end WR2 at this point.  He always has a game or two like last week but has many blah games mixed in at this point in his career.  Last week went perfectly for the Cards.  I don't see that script happening again this year. 
I hear you and agree it is an overpay.  

Having said that, I seem to be in a position that I may need to overpay to stay competitive this year and I'm as cool as I can be with that.

I guess that makes the question, how bad an overpay is it?

I hear you and agree it is an overpay.  

Having said that, I seem to be in a position that I may need to overpay to stay competitive this year and I'm as cool as I can be with that.

I guess that makes the question, how bad an overpay is it?
I think it is too much and wouldn't do it but I think there are better options than Fitz out there.  I love Fitz as an NFL player but right now I think he is too inconsistent to be a relied upon WR1 (which is what I think your payment should get you).

I think it is too much and wouldn't do it but I think there are better options than Fitz out there.  I love Fitz as an NFL player but right now I think he is too inconsistent to be a relied upon WR1 (which is what I think your payment should get you).
I hear you and wish there were better options out there...

Years in this hobby has fought me that as good as a trade is on paper, as much sense as it makes for you, you still need a willing partner on the other side.

I hear you and wish there were better options out there...

Years in this hobby has fought me that as good as a trade is on paper, as much sense as it makes for you, you still need a willing partner on the other side.
Oh I get that.  I am going through that right now myself.  hahaha

I’ll play devil’s advocate and say it’s a deal I’d probably take — assuming you’re intent on playing for now and not worrying about Fitz’s future. Lamar Miller is a serviceable starter if you only have to plug in one RB per week. And I really don’t like the way Monty is headed. His status this season is cloudy with Hundley (I think he’ll be a good QB in time) and Jones in the backfield. Unless you think Monty goes back to his old role as a pass-catching back, which is possible, Fitz gives you the WR2 necessary to keep going. That said, I’m leery of his fall off last season. Hopefully AP keeps defenses honest and the Cardinals can run a balanced attack. Certainly worked last week. I’m not high on the ‘18 draft class so a couple picks difference likely won’t matter  

Good luck whichever way you go. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I only have to start one RB?
Yes, just look at this week. With Miller on a bye do you really want to start any of the other guys? Monty is a valuable back up or flex other weeks. The fact that he came back so fast from his injury and that GB played him as much as they did so soon shows he is clearly going to be valuable down the stretch.

Yes, just look at this week. With Miller on a bye do you really want to start any of the other guys? Monty is a valuable back up or flex other weeks. The fact that he came back so fast from his injury and that GB played him as much as they did so soon shows he is clearly going to be valuable down the stretch.
I hear you.

The only other option I would have is flat out giving up a first for Fitz and I'm not sure I have the taste for that.

I hear you.

The only other option I would have is flat out giving up a first for Fitz and I'm not sure I have the taste for that.
I'd look elsewhere. See if you can package up a 2 for 1 deal. You have a lot of WR's and a couple of TE's that a team looking at rebuilding may be interested in.

Considering it's dynasty have you considered seeing what you could get for OBJ? He's one of the best in the game but he's also had injury issues and is kind of a pain in the ### off the field too. I don't necessarily envy you that headache going forward. I'm wondering if you couldn't pilfer one of the losing teams in your league of a worthwhile WR for OBJ and a pick instead.

In my opinion a 1st for Fitz is just too steep. Sanders will recover so you will have essentially traded for two aging WRs and dealt away some of your rebuilding power.

Users who are viewing this thread