What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - Time to give up? (1 Viewer)

I don't think Reed will ever be 100% for the rest of his life man.  I got him on the bench backing up ASJ at the moment.

What are people’s thoughts on Reed in redraft?

Is he expected to be 100% at any point this season?
I think he's getting better every week, especially the shoulder, but I think neither his foot or shoulder will be 100% this season. You know he's got it bad when the third biggest worry is a concussion.

Now with him chances are something else will pop up later he'll have to deal with but as these two injuries go I think he's improving, just won't be 100%. The shoulder seems like more of a pain tolerance issue, the toe to me looks more like a performance impacting issue and I think both will nag him all season but less so as we progress.

I just traded for him.  Looked pretty good against SF on the passes that came his way.  Of course, I was rolling out Bennett, so anything looks like an upgrade.

Even if he can be 80 percent of his old self at playoff time, I'll take it. 

I had Henry on my roster to carry me until Reed got "healty", and cut henry last week.  Thinking that was a mistake.

Too much upside to drop (although somebody did in my league...and I grabbed him).

Was fortunate to pick up E. Engram early in the season. Going to wait it out. When healthy and in the groove, this guy is a monster. 

Was counting on Reed to replace Engram who is on bye. 

Now I'm thinking Reed isn't even a bye week filler.

This is a tough hold right now. He's just not part of the offense and there are a ton of mouths to feed (including V. Davis).

Was counting on Reed to replace Engram who is on bye. 

Now I'm thinking Reed isn't even a bye week filler.

This is a tough hold right now. He's just not part of the offense and there are a ton of mouths to feed (including V. Davis).
Uh...

And in a week or two we'll be reminded why he should now be on sell high lists.
Maybe, but Reed has always put up good numbers. I was surprised by people saying he shouldn't be a buy-low candidate after his rough start. I thought Reed was an ideal buy-low.

I realize he's dinged, but it doesn't seem to be something that's hindering him a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.

After the first half, I was lamenting that I may have to consider dropping Reed to fill my E. Engram by week TE problem.

It goes without saying now that he'll be starting for me, against a Dallas D he ripped last season.

And I will then rip my hair out when he leaves the game injured.

Good post game video interview of him online. Says he feels comfortable out there and finally has burst off of the toe. It seems like the toe has been the biggest issue all along, not his chest, shoulder, or whatever.

If he’s healthy, he’ll be good. Their WR’s pretty much suck and Cousins loves throwing to his TE’s. He had 30 completions today, and 14 of them went to TE’s. 
Both Reed and Vernon Davis are startable, but I wouldn't trust any of the WRs on their roster at this point.

Reed is in for a big 2nd half if he doesn't: reinjure that toe, get his 600th concussion, or twist his taint piece...

So, we waited, started him, and of course, he gets injured.

Is anyone holding on to him tightly through waivers? Or is it dumpsville time?

Reed's upside is tantalizing, but damn. I've got E. Engram waiting in the wings and I've got needs and I see help (i.e. JuJu, R. Anderson, etc.).

Who is holding and who is dropping for who?

Skins passing is a mess regardless. So Reed or Davis are meh at this point. I can drop Kroft for Davis if I want and will keep Kroft

So, we waited, started him, and of course, he gets injured.

Is anyone holding on to him tightly through waivers? Or is it dumpsville time?

Reed's upside is tantalizing, but damn. I've got E. Engram waiting in the wings and I've got needs and I see help (i.e. JuJu, R. Anderson, etc.).

Who is holding and who is dropping for who?
I think I'm going to drop Reed for Olsen. I'll use Griffin until Olsen comes back. Tired of the headache that comes with this guy. So much talent but he's about as frustrating to own as Cam Newton.

Skins passing is a mess regardless. So Reed or Davis are meh at this point. I can drop Kroft for Davis if I want and will keep Kroft
In standard, Redkins TEs are the 6th highest ppg scoring TE group n the NFL. They average 78 and 0.4 TD per game.  

What is his problem now? Did he strain an eyelash, a female part?? Softest player in the league. Not sure why the redskins waste a roster spot on this turd.

What is his problem now? Did he strain an eyelash, a female part?? Softest player in the league. Not sure why the redskins waste a roster spot on this turd.
This is nonsense. I get being disappointed in Reed's durability, but if he was cut by the Redskins, 31 other teams would be trying to sign him. He's a difference maker in a league won by difference makers.

Also, I can think of multiple starting TE's with less durability than Reed. Its a very attrition heavy position.

This is nonsense. I get being disappointed in Reed's durability, but if he was cut by the Redskins, 31 other teams would be trying to sign him. He's a difference maker in a league won by difference makers.

Also, I can think of multiple starting TE's with less durability than Reed. Its a very attrition heavy position.
I have Engram. Dropped him...for a kicker.

He's most likely out multiple weeks. The week he's coming back, he'll be limited in practice and he'll be a GTD. You'll question if you should start him and on your bench, he'll score 2 TDs. Then the following week, you'll start him and he'll get injured in the first quarter.

I've been a participant in the above movie with Reed several times.

I'm done.

I have Engram. Dropped him...for a kicker.

He's most likely out multiple weeks. The week he's coming back, he'll be limited in practice and he'll be a GTD. You'll question if you should start him and on your bench, he'll score 2 TDs. Then the following week, you'll start him and he'll get injured in the first quarter.

I've been a participant in the above movie with Reed several times.

I'm done.
Same here, but for Alfred Morris.

I wasn't suggesting Reed is a must-keep for a fantasy team. I was responding to why it would be silly for the Redskins to cut him.

The problem with giving up on Reed is he isn't like giving up on Sammy Watkins or Trent Richardson or Martavis Bryant. He's actually done something more than one time and has been a legitimate difference maker for a fantasy team.  

Last Thanksgiving I was talking to my nephew who, against my suggestions, started playing ff. I was watching him to down the rabbit hole of withdrawing from family on a holiday because he was so enthralled with his fantasy game and the Redskins were playing.  His mood was foul and a pain to be around because Reed was playing and he got hurt and pretty much did nothing all game but then, in a blink of about 20 minutes he put up about 25 fantasy points and turned my sappy little nephew's frownupside down ( pretty similar to that game against the eagles just a week or so back). 

Moral of the story: you can hate him but he is one of a relatively small handful of guys that you can go in with when he is playing and he can literally save your entire day/game/season.  Proceed with caution. 

Is he worth picking up?  
Sure, if you have the room on your roster, and a lot of aspirin and anti-acid in your medicine cabinet. 

He could produce solid numbers in Week 11 against the Saints in what shapes up as a potential shoot-out.   Week 12 against the Giants, who can't defend TEs to save their miserable lives could be a bonanza for Reed.   

Just shut him down for the year so I can drop him. I keep holding on to this turd thinking he's gonna play. He got paid. He has no interest in playing anymore. Us Reed owners got duped this year.

Just shut him down for the year so I can drop him. I keep holding on to this turd thinking he's gonna play. He got paid. He has no interest in playing anymore. Us Reed owners got duped this year.
I don't know how you can say you were duped. It's the same thing EVERY year. This is absolutely nothing new for Reed.

I haven’t owned him in past years but I recall him only sitting out sporadically in years past.  Did he have stretches where he missed 4 or 5 games in a row?  I drafted him expecting some missed games but not the entire season.   SMH

Reed is only TE needs a handcuff, and he has a good one in V Davis. I wouldn't draft Reed, but if I did I'd have Davis so as to not worry about game time, if Reed is playing. As a matter of fact I picked up Davis and traded him to Reed owner...lol

Users who are viewing this thread