What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR ROS - Tarik Cohen or Dion Lewis - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
I'm not starting either one this week.  Need to drop one to pick up a D/ST for next week since the Jaguars are on Bye.

I haven't been liking the way Cohen is being used by the Bears.  Of course, any NE RB is playing Bellichick roulette.  But we have seen Dion Lewis be great before, and the Patriots are certainly a far better offense than the Bears.  Cohen could be one Jordan Howard injury away from stardom, while just one injury wouldn't be enough to clear up the NE backfield.

Schedule
Tarik Cohen - 7 vs Carolina, 8 @ New Orleans, 9 Bye, 10 vs. Green Bay, 11 vs. Detroit, 12 @ Philadelphia, 13 vs. San Francisco, 14 @ Cincinnati, 15 @ Detroit, 16 vs. Cleveland
Dion Lewis - 7 vs. Atlanta, 8 vs. LA Chargers, 9 Bye, 10 @ Denver, 11 @ Oakland, 12 vs. Miami, 13 @ Buffalo, 14 @ Miami, 15 @ Pittsburgh, 16 vs. Buffalo

Leave a link and I will answer yours - thanks!

BTW, rest of team is
DST - Jacksonville Jaguars - Bye Week 8
K - Dan Bailey - Bye week 6
QB - Cam Newton - Bye week 11
QB - Carson Palmer - Bye week 8
RB - Ezekiel Elliott - Bye week 6
RB - Jay Ajayi - Bye week 1
RB - Doug Martin - Bye week 1
RB - Derrick Henry - Bye week 8
TE - Hunter Henry - Bye week 9
TE - Greg Olsen - in IR spot - can return week 12
WR - Julio Jones - Bye week 5
WR - Deandre Hopkins - bye week 7
WR - Eric Decker - Bye week 8 - he'll be cut next week to pick up another WR

I'd keep Tarik.  There are way too many cooks in the Pats backfield, especially with Burkhead coming back.  You can't trust who Belichick is going with and, while I'm sure there will be some weeks that Lewis outscores Tarik, you'll never be able to guess when those weeks are.  Cohen certainly isn't being utilized like he was earlier in the year, but at least you know what you are getting with the Chicago backfield.  And, he had 14 carries last week which is nothing to sneeze at.  I think he'll get a lot more opportunity than Lewis.

Yea keep Cohen. He is one injury always from starting plus he is involved. You just never know game to game about the NE backs

I love Dion as a player and I drafted him this season.  But he was my first drop when the bye-week shuffle started.

I do think he has a chance to be the #1 back in New England, but I also think they don't want to overuse him.  I don't think his real value will emerge for a few weeks yet.

I think Cohen makes for a better bench-stash. Usually, if you put this kind of player in your lineup you want as high a floor as possible...and you never know when a NE RB is going to give you a goose egg. Looks like you're light on WRs...

Yeah, VERY light on WR.  I'd normally like to roll with at least 4, but I've had to keep churning through stuff due to injuries, and there is NOBODY emerging at WR this year so far.  Usually being stacked at RB is very helpful because as injuries pile up, I can turn that into trade bait, but that hasn't been happening so far this year.  All the other positions are getting hurt instead.  How many kickers have gone on IR this year?

I drafted Allen Robinson (IR), Jamison Crowder (bust) and Tyrell Williams (bust).  Now Decker gets me a goose egg this week and Dan Bailey is hurt.  Cripes!

Sorry I saw this so late. You may want to keep Lewis. It's maddening but he's seems to be getting more and more work for the stretch run.

Even with Lewis' increased role last night, I'd still go with Cohen. The NE backfield is a joke; just when you think you have things figured out, BB flips then script. 

Users who are viewing this thread