What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Same here.  Dallas/Washington caught my attention.  Philadelphia looks to be in a good spot.  LA Chargers, Cincinnati, and Carolina all interest me.  

Guys on my early radar:

QB:  Wentz, Rivers, Dak, Cam, & Dalton

RB:  Blount/Smallwood, Mixon, Elloitt, McCaffrey, Bell, McCoy, Gordon, Kamara, & Abdullah

WR:  Allen/Ty Will, Benjamin/Funchess, AJG/Ross, Julio, Dez, Evans, Hogan, Jeffery/Agholor/Smith

TE:  Cook, Witten, O'Leary, Kroft, Griffin, Hunter, & Reed

D:  Eagles, Bengals, Saints, & Bills

K:  Bullock

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys on my early radar:

QB:  Wentz, Rivers, Dak, Cam, & Dalton

RB:  Blount/Smallwood, Mixon, Elloitt, McCaffrey, Bell, McCoy, Gordon, Kamara, & Abdullah

WR:  Allen/Ty Will, Benjamin/Funchess, AJG/Ross, Julio, Dez, Evans, Hogan, Jeffery/Agholor/Smith

TE:  Cook, Witten, O'Leary, Kroft, Griffin, Hunter, & Reed

D:  Eagles, Bengals, Saints, & Bills

K:  Bullock
Pretty much my list too.  There are studs that should be in play every week in one format or another despite matchup like Brown, Brady, Gronk, Ertz, Kecle, etc.. 

My list:

QB - all the same as yours, but I also had Cousins on there.  Wentz is the early leader for cash QB.

RB - Again, pretty much the same as yours above.  The two teams that looked to have the best OL vs. DL matchup on the week were NE (I will probably try Lewis again in gpps), and NO.     Early cash leaders here are Bell and Ingram. 

WR - The one matchup that looked decent not on your list are the Wash WRs vs. Dallas.  Will be watching tonight to see how they spread the ball around and if any of these guys are viable - maybe Doctson at 5.2?  AJG seems like a good start for cash games, and then not sure what value we can find after that - maybe Benjamin/Doctson/Garcon/Jeffrey?

TE - Agree with yours (didn't have Reed on my list), and like I said studs like Ertz, Gronk, Kelce are always play, and it seems AS-J catches TDs every week too.

D - using what I looked at last week to land me on Rams/Bears/Chargers for Sunday, I wrote down Cinci and Pitts this week, but will look again after the updated stats for the OL/DLs come out on Weds.  Maybe NE D if we think they are starting to come around based on how much LaC passes, but they also have the 2nd best OL as far as lowest sack rate too. 

PK- didn't look yet except to notice that there are less and less options cheaper than 4.8K each week. 

ATL is a team that has decent matchups for all 4 offensive spots, but something just seems broken with them.  Could be as simple as the new OC.  They have too much talent to not blow up sometime, but probably just worth a look as gpp fliers? 

Threw together two gpps for mon-thu. 

Wentz, thompson, Collins, Jeffery, doctson, Pryor, Ertz, Tucker, fins

Moore, ajayi, buck Allen, Landry, Jeffery, doctson, ertz, rose, eagles. 

I don't love them, but the ones I love never do what they are supposed to, so maybe these will be good? 

KarmaPolice said:
Pretty much my list too.  There are studs that should be in play every week in one format or another despite matchup like Brown, Brady, Gronk, Ertz, Kecle, etc.. 

My list:

QB - all the same as yours, but I also had Cousins on there.  Wentz is the early leader for cash QB.

RB - Again, pretty much the same as yours above.  The two teams that looked to have the best OL vs. DL matchup on the week were NE (I will probably try Lewis again in gpps), and NO.     Early cash leaders here are Bell and Ingram. 

WR - The one matchup that looked decent not on your list are the Wash WRs vs. Dallas.  Will be watching tonight to see how they spread the ball around and if any of these guys are viable - maybe Doctson at 5.2?  AJG seems like a good start for cash games, and then not sure what value we can find after that - maybe Benjamin/Doctson/Garcon/Jeffrey?

TE - Agree with yours (didn't have Reed on my list), and like I said studs like Ertz, Gronk, Kelce are always play, and it seems AS-J catches TDs every week too.

D - using what I looked at last week to land me on Rams/Bears/Chargers for Sunday, I wrote down Cinci and Pitts this week, but will look again after the updated stats for the OL/DLs come out on Weds.  Maybe NE D if we think they are starting to come around based on how much LaC passes, but they also have the 2nd best OL as far as lowest sack rate too. 

PK- didn't look yet except to notice that there are less and less options cheaper than 4.8K each week. 

ATL is a team that has decent matchups for all 4 offensive spots, but something just seems broken with them.  Could be as simple as the new OC.  They have too much talent to not blow up sometime, but probably just worth a look as gpp fliers? 
I like Cousins, but I am done trying to figure out his weapons. He is a naked only play for me, until a reliable target emerges. I never get the NE RB right, so unless they are in one of those small two game slate situations I just avoid them all. I think I am switching to Kamara this week, instead of Ingram. It's still early and my initial leans always change. 

My stab in the dark for mon-thu is...

Wentz-Allen-Thompson-Jeffery-Agholor-Doctson-Ertz-Parkay-Ravens

Couple possibilities for this week:

Dak-Elliott-McCaffrey-Doctson-AJG-Allen-Cook-Steelers-Bullock

Cousins-Bell-Mack-Dez-Hogan-Jeffery-Griffin-Saints-Prater

Weren't those always on there?
I thought I had read somewhere they were overhauling the entire IVC for this year.  I knew it wasn't going to be ready week one, but I thought it was coming soon after.  Anyone else see something like that?

Nm, I see what you guts are talking about.  

One thing I really wish you could do on the ivc is a difference b/t a cash and gpp LU.  

Sorting by H-Value will help you construct cash LUs
I get that, and I do use that.   Small gripe, but just feel like I am doing a bit of the work with the IVC vs. them doing the work for something that's part of a paid package.  Just wish there was a quick button to flip between their plays for cash/gpps maybe base some gpp rankings to correlate with the ownership % projections?   (I also realize that the sites that do offer that are probably $30+/month, not the $20 for the season, so it might just not be reasonable on their end and still keep the costs down). 

Well I'll be dammed, I never even noticed that
When they add DD and MT projections the links should move back.

First pass must plays: Wentz, Ingram, McCoy, A.J. Green.

In contention: Hunter Henry, Kelvin Benjamin

Can't do worse than week 7...

My placeholder cash line up...

Wentz - McCoy/Howard - Green/Allen/Agholor - Witten - Bullock - Pittsburgh

Really seems like my salary dollars aren't going too far this week.  I keep thinking I should have more money available.   I think Wentz is the clear cash game chalk...would be hard to not use him.  I tried to get McCoy and Gordon in the line up together, but I just couldn't find the cash and my WRs were awful.  Howard was $1k cheaper.  Not excited about Witten, Bullock and Pittsburgh, but they were cheap options.  Bullock should be alright at home...I think Indy has been a good match up for kickers.  I am surprised Pittsburgh was only $4400.  There are more attractive D's out there (I like Philly, Cincy, and NO), but the chance to save a few hundred there seemed like the right thing to do as all the D's seem to be a crap shoot from week to week.

My placeholder cash line up...

Wentz - McCoy/Howard - Green/Allen/Agholor - Witten - Bullock - Pittsburgh

Really seems like my salary dollars aren't going too far this week.  I keep thinking I should have more money available.   I think Wentz is the clear cash game chalk...would be hard to not use him.  I tried to get McCoy and Gordon in the line up together, but I just couldn't find the cash and my WRs were awful.  Howard was $1k cheaper.  Not excited about Witten, Bullock and Pittsburgh, but they were cheap options.  Bullock should be alright at home...I think Indy has been a good match up for kickers.  I am surprised Pittsburgh was only $4400.  There are more attractive D's out there (I like Philly, Cincy, and NO), but the chance to save a few hundred there seemed like the right thing to do as all the D's seem to be a crap shoot from week to week.
Feel the same way about money feeling like it's not enough this week. Totally agree on wentz as the chalk cash play at qb as well. 

Liking Doug Martin to pair with McCoy (or bell or Elliot)  this week for cash. He is getting feature back touches against a shaky Carolina D. Hyde could have a big day receiving. Playing catch up seems like that game script against philly and dump offs will most likely be the majority of their plays against that front 4

WR - liking funchess, Keenan Allen, AJ green, Doug Baldwin, but that will change. Doctson for one of my cheap options in a potential shootout with Dallas. 

TE - ertz Kelce or gronk on the high end if I go weaker at WR. Hunter henry or witten on the cheaper side. GPP play for me is kittle. Philly losing hicks will hurt, but that pass rush is the best in the league, quick outs the TE and RB make sense

k- rose and Novak at 4500 in high scoring games

Def - linking Pitt too. Keep Dallas in mind as well. They have a solid pass rush and the skins just lost a whole bunch of OL

Feel the same way about money feeling like it's not enough this week. Totally agree on wentz as the chalk cash play at qb as well. 

Liking Doug Martin to pair with McCoy (or bell or Elliot)  this week for cash. He is getting feature back touches against a shaky Carolina D. Hyde could have a big day receiving. Playing catch up seems like that game script against philly and dump offs will most likely be the majority of their plays against that front 4

WR - liking funchess, Keenan Allen, AJ green, Doug Baldwin, but that will change. Doctson for one of my cheap options in a potential shootout with Dallas

TE - ertz Kelce or gronk on the high end if I go weaker at WR. Hunter henry or witten on the cheaper side. GPP play for me is kittle. Philly losing hicks will hurt, but that pass rush is the best in the league, quick outs the TE and RB make sense

k- rose and Novak at 4500 in high scoring games

Def - linking Pitt too. Keep Dallas in mind as well. They have a solid pass rush and the skins just lost a whole bunch of OL
I love Doctson as he is representing my Alma Mater, but I couldn't possibly use him in a cash game right now...What does he get 3 targets a game?  I just don't know that he gets enough opportunity.  I guess he got a couple more targets against Philly, but not enough for me to consider in a cash game.

Trying to simplify / limit player pool for RBs in GPP...thoughts?

Best Plays (heavy exposure)

Bell (at Detroit), McCoy (vs Oakland), Chris Thompson (vs Dallas), Blount (vs SanFran)

Will be widely owned and disappoint (fade)

Hunt (vs Denver), Ingram/Kamara (vs Chicago), Freeman/Coleman (at Jets), Mixon/Hill/Gio (vs Indy)

So So Plays (match or fade)

Howard / Cohen (at Nawlins), White (vs LAC), West (Denver), Elliot (at Wash), RKelly (vs Dallas), Mcaffree (at Tampa)

I'm probably in the minority not calling Ingram a best play....

Last edited by a moderator:

Bell (at Detroit), McCoy (vs Oakland), Chris Thompson (vs Dallas), Blount (vs SanFran)

Hunt (vs Denver), Ingram/Kamara (vs Chicago), Freeman/Coleman (at Jets), Mixon/Hill/Gio (vs Indy)

Fournette / Cohen (at Nawlins), White (vs LAC), West (Denver), Elliot (at Wash), RKelly (vs Dallas), Mcaffree (at Tampa)
Just curious on your fade take with Ingram and Mixon.  Ingram was in cash consideration for me, and Mixon was on my gpp list.  Also thought Zeke was in a good matchup as well. 

Howard / Cohen (at Nawlins), White (vs LAC), West (Denver), Elliot (at Wash), RKelly (vs Dallas), Mcaffree (at Tampa)

I'm probably in the minority not calling Ingram a best play....
Gordon is one of may favorite plays this week. 

Just curious on your fade take with Ingram and Mixon.  Ingram was in cash consideration for me, and Mixon was on my gpp list.  Also thought Zeke was in a good matchup as well. 
I worry that rbbc will impact Mixon's value, and I like a big passing day from the red rifle.  Ingram is a yellow light because of Chicago's recent prowess.  Zeke is an "ok" matchup but I fear Washington is underappreciated and must beat Dallas at home.  Philly beat Dallas with the passing game, and I like Cousins to do the same (Reed may be waking up...and I LOVE Chris Thompson  here).

I also like Zeke. I was not on Ingram this week, but everyone else is, so of course I am second guessing. Why is everyone on him?  I assume it's because of the preceived volume. Has Chicago been that bad against the run?  I like Mixon as GPP only, but nothing more. I don't think he will get enough touches to blow up. I also think the Colts have struggled with pass catching backs, which leans more to Gio. 

Gordon is one of may favorite plays this week. 
I mistakenly left Gordon off my "So So" list....I think he generates points in this matchup moreso on receptions than rushes...and Rivers will spread it around.  Although I'm not sold on NE having "fixed" its secondary, the real situation in NE also includes recent improvements in the front 7 not just "better communication in the secondary"....so I wouldn't call Rivers a great cash play....more worth some exposure in GPP.

I also like Zeke. I was not on Ingram this week, but everyone else is, so of course I am second guessing. Why is everyone on him?  I assume it's because of the preceived volume. Has Chicago been that bad against the run?  I like Mixon as GPP only, but nothing more. I don't think he will get enough touches to blow up. I also think the Colts have struggled with pass catching backs, which leans more to Gio. 
Outside of a big day by McKinnon and the Vikings the Bears have kept RBs bottled up for the most part.  I think the general public looks at a big day from Ingram as a foregone conclusion...I'll probably have some Ingram but low relative to ownership rate...

I mistakenly left Gordon off my "So So" list....I think he generates points in this matchup moreso on receptions than rushes...and Rivers will spread it around.  Although I'm not sold on NE having "fixed" its secondary, the real situation in NE also includes recent improvements in the front 7 not just "better communication in the secondary"....so I wouldn't call Rivers a great cash play....more worth some exposure in GPP.
I love Bell and McCoy, but Gordon gives a decent little savings. If something doesn't change my mind I will stacking Rivers and Gordon at least once. 

Outside of a big day by McKinnon and the Vikings the Bears have kept RBs bottled up for the most part.  I think the general public looks at a big day from Ingram as a foregone conclusion...I'll probably have some Ingram but low relative to ownership rate...
I will also under own. My numbers showed it as tough matchup for Ingram, but I need to dig a little deeper. 

I love Bell and McCoy, but Gordon gives a decent little savings. If something doesn't change my mind I will stacking Rivers and Gordon at least once. 
I agree with this.  I just think there's a chance that Blount could go OFF this week against SF at home.  Gordon is a better cash play, but I only play GPPs.

I will also under own. My numbers showed it as tough matchup for Ingram, but I need to dig a little deeper. 
Custom points allowed in the Week 8 subscription area is my source.  Without quoting all the numbers ~30 fantasy points allowed to Vikings RBs, ~23 to Ravens, and in five other games average points to RBs about 15 (such info is also available for free on the web if you look around). 

So I'd pencil in Ingram for 90 yards and a TD.  Game script could allow more, but I don't see NO pummeling CHI unless Mitch throws a bunch of picks and John Fox will limit his rookie QB attempts (he was 4 for 7 in his last game....amazing!).

Zero receiving TDs by RBs given up by Chicago, so Kamara is a non factor.

If Norman is out do we love Dez?  I was surprised he was not ranked higher this week. 
Isn't the concensus that Norman will be back?  Anyway, I'm ok with Dak  I'm just not in love with the situation for Dez.  Jeffery was 2 for 37 even though Wentz blew up vs Wash.

I had him on my list for a few reasons:

• volume, at home, and the NO D should cause problems for the rookie QB, giving Ingram more opps.
  • OL vs DL when I looked at stats.  NO is #2 in adjusted line yards in the run game, and Chic was bottom 10 when I looked at their D stat. 
  • I thought Chic was a little better vs limiting the WRs this year, so I thought that might point to them trying to run more. 

I like Cousins, but I am done trying to figure out his weapons. He is a naked only play for me, until a reliable target emerges. I never get the NE RB right, so unless they are in one of those small two game slate situations I just avoid them all. I think I am switching to Kamara this week, instead of Ingram. It's still early and my initial leans always change. 
Hint- Dallas is statistically pretty bad vs. the TE. 

wrt NE rbbc, I think you can avoid Gillislee and Burkhead until we see any increases in their usage.

it comes down to whether or not you think the opposing D will shut down Lewis between the tackles, in which case you play White, the receiving back.

I like White (and Amendola) this week against a FIERCE pass rush, though Belichick variance is always in play.

My first stab LU, made Tuesday without IVC or my usual regimen of tout podcasts.  :)

Rivers -- Gordon/Ingram -- AJG / K Allen / Agholor -- H Henry - Elliott -- Saints

Too many Chargers here, but you get the point that I am expecting big things from them.  I suppose conventional roster theory would call for me to pivot off of one or two Chargers, and "run it back" with some Patriots.  Guessing where the volume will go in New England is a hopeless crapshoot.

I agree with other posters that pricing feels noticeably tighter this week. 

And Reed had a pretty good game against the Eagles, granted, after Jordan Hicks got hurt. 

** Early ** weather forecasts that will impact games:

SF at Philly/ heavy rain.

ATL at NYJ/ heavy rain

Oak at Buffalo/ 50% chance of showers

Dal at Washington/ showers

Carolina at TB/ breezy

There was always a link in the past right above the ivc to switch between points, value, and h-value, it just looks like it's now altogether in the ivc. 
I'm only seeing the same old Points / Value / H-Value links in the line above the position links.   Where are these new Value and a H-Value columns?

I'm only seeing the same old Points / Value / H-Value links in the line above the position links.   Where are these new Value and a H-Value columns?
They were there when it was just MT's projections.  I think they move up to where they normally are when Dodds and Bloom get theirs in the IVC too. 

2 cash L/U's:

#1 QB/Wilson, RB/McCoy - Martin, WR/Green - K. Allen - Ginn Jr., TE/Witten, K/Walsh, DEF/CINN

#2 QB/Winston, RB/Ingram - Howard, WR/Evans - K. Allen - K. Benjamin, TE/Henry, K/Walsh, DEF/PHL

These are all based off of the previous mention of the weather situation. Really had a lot of exposure to Philly's O, but, forecast is for very heavy rain, so, fading that one completely in cash except for the DEF. Of course, if Mother Nature changes her mind for Sunday, I will as well. 

Current GPP's:

#1 QB/Prescott, RB/M. Gordon - W. Smallwood, WR/A. Green - K. Allen - Pryor Sr., TE/Witten, K/Bullock, DEF/PHL

#2 QB/Winston, RB/McCoy - Mixon, WR/Evans - M.Thomas - K. Benjamin, TE/Reed, K/Lutz, DEF/CINN

#3 QB/Rivers, RB/Bell - Lewis, WR/A. Green - Evans - K. Benjamin, TE/Henry, K/P. Murray[TB], DEF/NYJ

#4 QB/Dalton, RB/McCoy - M. Gordon, WR/A. Green - D. Baldwin - Smith-Schuster, TE/Witten, K/Bullock, DEF/NYJ

KarmaPolice said:
I like Reed and am on him. I assume a lot of others will be also, after Monday night. I was thinking more about not trying to figure out their WR. 

Users who are viewing this thread