What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Timberlake Headlining SB 52 Halftime. Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

ShamrockPride

Footballguy
Think his 1st time back since teh bewbs incident. My initial reaction is, why should I care? Dude doesn't even make music anymore. He hasn't done anything with music as far as tours or new albums in some time now.

I guess they just wanna pull the female viewers in.

I don't care

But I will say that Timberlake put on the best show I have ever seen. And I have see a lot of shows.  

Think his 1st time back since teh bewbs incident. My initial reaction is, why should I care? Dude doesn't even make music anymore. He hasn't done anything with music as far as tours or new albums in some time now.

Clearly you don't have any small children that force you to listen to that song from the Trolls movie until you want to drive your car into oncoming traffic.

Clearly you don't have any small children that force you to listen to that song from the Trolls movie until you want to drive your car into oncoming traffic.
So it would be fair to say you don’t got that sunshine in your pocket, or that good soul in your feet, or that hot blood in your body when it drops?

When The Who headlined the Super Bowl halftime show a few years ago, were you all jacked up to finally see the band live that wrote all the theme songs for all the CSI shows?

Last edited by a moderator:
meh. Timberlake is fine. 

i mean does anyone really pay attention to the Halftime Show? isn't that 28 minutes spent outside smoking cigars and drinking whiskey?

I kid, but I empathize.  I might have plotted the death of Hannah Montana once or forty times when my daughter was around the ages of your children. 
ETA: those bastards from High School Musical were wise to not open their own mail for a while, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taylor Swift needs to make a guest appearance and have a wardrobe malfunction. All in the name of her new album “reputation.” You know, for the fans. 

We could do a lot worse than Tyrus Quash.  But these halftime shows are tame and almost always disappointing. 

meh. Timberlake is fine. 

i mean does anyone really pay attention to the Halftime Show? isn't that 28 minutes spent outside smoking cigars and drinking whiskey?
It will be for me as long as they continue to pander to the non-football-watching audience with halftime shows from Black Eyed Peas, Timberlake, Bruno Mars and their ilk.  I understand why they do it, it's just not for me.  But I'm a captive audience, so they don't need to get Metallica up there to get me to watch the game. 

You really want a halftime show?  Put an octagon out there and let James Harrison and Vontaze Burfict fight for 20 minutes.  Unless, of course, the Steelers are in the game, then you'd need a stand-in for Deebo.  Maybe the guy that plays the Mountain on Game of Thrones... or Brock Lesnar.  Or Gilbert Gottfried.

The halftime shows have become more about the spectacle than the music.  As long as Timberlake and his co-stars can lip sync some familiar tunes and keep in step with hundreds of dancing sharks, everyone will be happy.  The days of Tom Petty or Bruce Springsteen playing a halftime show are long gone like Up With People.

It will be for me as long as they continue to pander to the non-football-watching audience with halftime shows from Black Eyed Peas, Timberlake, Bruno Mars and their ilk.  I understand why they do it, it's just not for me.  But I'm a captive audience, so they don't need to get Metallica up there to get me to watch the game. 

You really want a halftime show?  Put an octagon out there and let James Harrison and Vontaze Burfict fight for 20 minutes.  Unless, of course, the Steelers are in the game, then you'd need a stand-in for Deebo.  Maybe the guy that plays the Mountain on Game of Thrones... or Brock Lesnar.  Or Gilbert Gottfried.
Something like this?

you're right: NFL isn't targeting the Average NFL Fan with these performances at halftime. and that's mostly why i don't watch. 

get the Foo Fighters out there for four or five songs - that's about as much "rock" people can handle i suppose - and you'll have my viewership at halftime.  

The halftime shows have become more about the spectacle than the music.  As long as Timberlake and his co-stars can lip sync some familiar tunes and keep in step with hundreds of dancing sharks, everyone will be happy.  The days of Tom Petty or Bruce Springsteen playing a halftime show are long gone like Up With People.
Why put Pearl Jam out there to make the 40-year old men happy?  They're already watching.  Every year recently, halftime comes - my brothers, friends and I go to the kitchen to get food or outside to do whatever (not gay sex) and the women flood into the room like Elvis is coming on Ed Sullivan.  They bop to Bruno Mars for 20 minutes... the game comes back and they're back in the other room oblivious to the fact that there's even a game being played.  Something for everyone....

you're right: NFL isn't targeting the Average NFL Fan with these performances at halftime. and that's mostly why i don't watch. 

get the Foo Fighters out there for four or five songs - that's about as much "rock" people can handle i suppose - and you'll have my viewership at halftime.  
The average NFL fan is going to watch the Super Bowl regardless.

They're trying to appeal to the fans who tune in for the commercials.

I kind of liked it in the 90s when networks would run specials opposite the Super Bowl halftime.  The "In Loving Color" halftime show was great.  Also remember watching some "Beavis & Butthead" during halftime.

I guess the NFL stepping up with more popular acts has made that less prevalent.  All I can think of the past few years are Puppy Bowl type shows.

I like Justin Timberlake :shrug:   - dude is talented as hell and slays serious poon.  I’d have sex with him just to make my wife jealous.

:lmao:

Steelers making the SB, good one

Show should be great. Looking forward to it.

Should be Timberlake rocking some new stuff, then having Chris Stapleton join for a little Tennessee Whiskey, Foo Fighters for Hero and finally Jay-Z for some Suit and Tie.  At least that is how I would be drawing it up if I was in charge.

But if JT just wants to rock his body with no guest slots, then I’m cool with that as well.  Dude is crazy talented and I regret not hitting his tour last time around.  i’ll catch it when it comes this way around.

AAABatteries said:
I like Justin Timberlake :shrug:   - dude is talented as hell and slays serious poon.  I’d have sex with him just to make my wife jealous.
It would work if your wife is anything like me. 

Users who are viewing this thread