What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you make this trade? (1 Viewer)

joeyemma

Footballguy
10 team redraft. No ppr 1for10 rush and rec 1 for 20 passing 4 for a passing td...6 for all others

I just got an offer.....DeSean Watson/Demarco Murray/Henry

for Aaron Jones/DCarr

my roster:
Brady/Carr
Gurley/Mixon/Lamar/Aaron Jones
Cooks/Dez/THill/Kupp
Gronk

I think I should accept. GB and Tenn are both on bye....Murray will have time to heal

Thoughts?

I would stidk with your current roster. I'm guessing the other owner is looking for RB help to offset the timeshare going on in Tennessee. Why would you want to take on that timeshare yourself when you've got a guy who is taking over that backfield and might be as good or as better a talent that Murray or Henry? Plus I like your RB depth. You don't have much of a need for Watson with Brady and Carr already on your roster.

Here is mine: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761959-looking-to-trade-christian-mccaffrey/

What are your starting requirements?  2RB, 2WR, and 1 Flex? Is Watson the other guy's only QB?  

It's not an automatic accept, even though it looks like a great deal in a vacuum.  If you do this trade:
1 - Assuming it's start 1 QB, you're not going to use Watson, so even though I like him better ROS than Carr, it's an upgrade that does you no good behind Brady. 
2 - You're going to have to drop Kupp to hold Murray and Henry; can you afford to only roster 3 WRs? 
3 - You're going to have to drop someone else to pick up a TE for Gronk's bye in Week 9 (only 2 weeks away) - who do you drop then?  Miller? Watson?      

Looks like the guy is trying to consolidate a two headed RB into a single one to free up a roster spot, and Jones is the target of the trade for him.  But he's partially disguising it as "He's giving you Watson, the hottest QB in the league" as a bonus.   However, it's a useless bonus for you (assuming Brady stays healthy of course).   

I would do it, only because Murray should be > Jones once he retakes the true lead role if he heals, and if he went down then Henry > Jones as well.  Defenses are about to start stacking the box on Jones and making Hundley prove himself.  But be prepared to drop someone you don't want to in order to cover Gronk.  Including the QBs in the deal just strikes me as useless, but like I said I prefer Watson to Carr so extra bonus for you if Brady does get hurt :)  

Edit to add:  If you're not ok with dropping Miller or Watson in a couple weeks, then stand pat and ride Jones while you can

Last edited by a moderator:
Our league has been together for 25 years and it's a little quirky.   We have 24 roster spots.   I don't have to drop anybody...it just increases my roster to 25.   

1 qb 2rb 2wr 1 flex TE K D

I think I should do it.

If anything, it gives you the ability to trade a huge piece for help later if you wanted to trade away Watson or Brady.

Users who are viewing this thread