What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 World Series: It needed a thread in the FFA (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
At t LA
Game 1 - Tue, Oct 24
Game 2 - Wed, Oct 25
At Houston
Game 3 - Fri, Oct 27
Game 4 - Sat, Oct 28
Game 5 - Sun, Oct 29
At LA
Game 6 - Tue, Oct 31
Game 7 - Wed, Nov 1

All night games starting at 5:09 PM Pacific on Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
What an incredible fluke bounce for LA bouncing off the bill. Some pretty sketchy defense that inning leads to a run but good lord Hill made Altuve and Correa look foolish. 

At dodger stadium no less.
Although do you remember the dodgers hit back to back to back to back bottom of the 9th homers abiuy ten years ago. Last one was a walkoff. I think nomar hit one of them.  

Stadium has had some crazy finishes through the years.  I remember Coming Home from a party in the 7th grade and the phils scored I think 9 in the 9th to take the lead late night in the east. 

Not to throw a damp towel on what's been an excellent series, but is there any way they can get these things done before 1:30AM Eastern time?

They could move first pitch of weekend games up by an hour but afternoon games aren't ever coming back.  It's been 30 years since we had an afternoon start.  The Super Bowl starts at 6:30PM EST but it pretty much has the sports calendar to itself.  A 6:30 start yesterday would have conflicted with the late NFL games on Fox.

But when you have a 5 hr 17 min event, it's going to be impossible to cram into prime time.  If yesterday's game started an hour earlier, it still wouldn't have ended until 12:30AM.

I would take that one hour head start. It would also help kids see more than a couple innings on a school night, not that MLB seems to care about keeping young fans.

Users who are viewing this thread