What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
I guess no one made the thread cause it's slim Pickens. Some bye week guys you may be able to grab again. 

Some interesting TEs if people dropped like Howard or Cook. Kroft maybe.

What's everyone else eyeing?

Thx Insein.  I was just looking for the thread.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/75260/64/waiver-wire-week-8?pg=3

Josh Doctson, Redskins – Owned in 12 percent of Yahoo leagues
Doctson's stat line – 3-of-5 for 39 yards – was nothing to write home about Monday night, but he played a career-high 54-of-64 snaps against the Eagles, 24 more than Terrelle Pryor. More importantly, coach Jay Gruden said they “drafted Josh to be the No. 1 guy” after the game, adding they “want to see what he can do” now that he is healthy. Trending toward the lead role in a good passing attack, Doctson needs to be owned in all leagues

Mohamed Sanu, Falcons – Owned in 38 percent of Yahoo leagues
Sanu is not that exciting, but he has averaged almost eight targets a game in his four healthy ones this season and has at least 65 yards or a touchdown in three of those contests. His outlook would be much better if the Falcons’ offense showed any signs of getting back to their explosive ways, but he is still an asset in PPR and deeper leagues.

It seems like every week we say, "Not much on the wire this week", and then the following week it gets even worse.

Snead in on waivers in one league and I'm considering picking him up.  He's on a roster in most leagues.  He has to be ready to go one of these days, right?

Maybe TJ Jones for the PPR needy?  I don't think Tate plays this week, which puts Golladay out wide and Jones in the slot.

Snead & Woods are decent bye week fillers but really shouldn't be on your stretch drive roster once you have bye weeks covered (which for most of us won't be for another couple / three weeks.) Kenny Stills is deep ball dependent but 9 targets is enough to consider him. Parker likely won't be back this week (TNF v. Ravens.) But I think if I was looking for a WR I'd be inclined to pickup JuJu or Corey Davis for upside.

Usual suspects at RB if they are still on your wire: Breida, Collins, Foreman, Mack, Murray, and of course DeJandre Richardington (Oak - pick either one, aren't they the same production wise?)

I grabbed Smallwood last week, which was underwhelming, but he should be a decent PPR play going forward.

DET DT is a good add, after this week (PT at home) they have 8 weeks of good matchups.

Maybe TJ Jones for the PPR needy?  I don't think Tate plays this week, which puts Golladay out wide and Jones in the slot.
I doubt he ever sees volume, he's not a make ya miss YAC guy, but should be good for some 3-35 / 5-55 type bye weeks. Golladay should be on a lot of wires and there's every reason to think he'll be a primary RZ weapon with or without Tate. But I'd avoid all Lions until Taylor Decker returns (probably Week 9 but no one knows - should start practicing this week.)

Richard is a good add if you need a bye-week fill-in. Still a coin toss as to whether he or Washington gets more run. When Latavius was out last year, they split pretty evenly.

I own Diggs and Parker on separate teams, and in both cases if they were out I'd need to plug someone in. Options are people like JMatt, Sanu, JuJu ... basically a bunch of crap. In a way, that's almost liberating -- whoever I pick up is going to be replacement-level, so why waste time trying to figure out who will pop?

Demarcus Robinson? KC WR, 5 targets in Week 6 and 8 targets in Week 7 with Conley out for the season.
Thought about him, and I guess if Smith continues at this pace he can support three fantasy-relevant pass catchers, but it's not like Conley was lighting it up before he went down, ya know? I suspect everyone beyond Tyreek/Kelce will be weekly dart throws ROS.

With Green Bay looking shaky my WR 4 Cobb is a risky bye week filler so I'm looking to add a WR to patch gaps.  Kearse, Benjamin and Corey Davis (who was claimed and then dropped last week) look like about it in my league. Yikes.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big Corey Davis honk.  Been waiting for him all year.  If he is on your wire, grab him.  Unfortunately he missed a juicy part of the Titans schedule and has some tough matchups coming up but the talent and opportunity is there in spades.

I'm a big Corey Davis honk.  Been waiting for him all year.  If he is on your wire, grab him.  Unfortunately he missed a juicy part of the Titans schedule and has some tough matchups coming up but the talent and opportunity is there in spades.
I like the potential and have 1 week to wait on him so I'll try to get him.  The other guys aren't really an upgrade from Cobb I suppose so nothing really lost if Davis doesn't play.  

I like the potential and have 1 week to wait on him so I'll try to get him.  The other guys aren't really an upgrade from Cobb I suppose so nothing really lost if Davis doesn't play.  
You were my sender for t shirt exchange few years ago GB.  I still wear both.. one was Redhead(?), has a lobster climbing a building in NYC lol.  Other name escapes me..another bar ugh why cant I remember.  Hope you are well GB.

Kenny Stills with Moore throwing.

Ginn if he's still available.

Bell is on pace for over 400 touches. Anyone think he can hold up? So a preemptive Conner pickup maybe?

Kenny Stills with Moore throwing.

Ginn if he's still available.

Bell is on pace for over 400 touches. Anyone think he can hold up? So a preemptive Conner pickup maybe?
I agree on the handcuffs.  I like Chark West and Malcolm Brown for the same reasons.  Hate injuries, but they happen every week.

How about Danny Woodhead, he is on the wire if a lot of leagues. None of the backs have really impressed in his absence, he could step into a big role after their bye in week 10. Playoff schedule is juicy too Cle & Ind weeks 15 & 16.

I need a wr

Looking at Ginn, stills, golloday, and juju.

I'm not going to spend a priority on any of these though.  Figure I can get one for free

Agree on the handcuffs or looking at a preemptive pickup of a guy like Woodhead for those in PPR.

Aside that, my waiver move may just be to not make one to have a higher priority to scoop up guys that other owners may need to drop to cover byes.

Cupboard is really bare this week, and relatively all year. Strange.

I dropped Murray last week (oof!).  Thinking of getting him again though it will cost me the 3rd position on the WW.

Looking at more preemptive/under the radar pick ups that could be league winners, this is who I'm targetting if they are available. In this order.

Kenny Stills - obvious pick up and has been echoed many times here but this guy has been A. productive with Tannehill B. more productive with Moore and C. actually got paid. You know who wasn't paid by this Dolphins team in recent years? Miller, Matthews, and Landry. Yet they paid Stills. Parker has been hurt too often and I think that missing out on Stills would be a mistake. Plus he had his bye already.

Kenny Golladay - don't forget that they were calling him baby Megatron going into week 1. It's going to happen and he has the opportunity with Tate out.

Corey Davis - Mariota's receivers have woefully underperformed for him. They drafted Davis to be the #1 and it looks like they will need him to be. If he comes off the bye healthy, something we should expect for many of the pieces on that team, we could see something special. I'm buying into this offense big time coming off the bye.

Donta Foreman - may be owned but worth a roster spot. Miller may end up staying healthy the rest of the way but if he goes down, Foreman is a league winner. Don't forget (as if we could) this was thought to be a historically great class for RBs and Foreman was the leading rusher in the nation last year. And that offense is humming.

I literally need a WR body this week as I planned horribly for this bye week.  Ginn, Stills, and Juju best out there.  Actually had Ginn and dropped him but I would guess Snead plays a bigger role this week so gonna pass.  Leaning Stills for reasons explained above.

Robby Anderson? Seems to be getting targets. Available in a couple of my short bench leagues.

Someone just dropped Woodhead in my league.  Rodgers replaced him in his IR spot.  Lots of byes, I assume my league won't be the only one that happens in.  

I picked up Stills and Dion Lewis.  

Ok, maybe I need to start considering bye weeks when drafting...

Marvin Jones is available in one of my leagues, is probably going to be a priority for me as who knows when Diggs will come back.

In a standard league trying to decide if I should go for DeAndre Washington, Richard, or neither.

I think Kearse or Robby Anderson should be solid especially in PPR if available. I'm even thinking about streaming McCown over Big Ben. Yuck.

As a preemptive PPR move, you might grab Lance Dunbar.  I'm uncertain how large a role he will play once he returns, but he is reportedly due back soon.

I literally need a WR body this week as I planned horribly for this bye week.  Ginn, Stills, and Juju best out there.  Actually had Ginn and dropped him but I would guess Snead plays a bigger role this week so gonna pass.  Leaning Stills for reasons explained above.
Me next week with Allen & Cooks out. I’m looking at a Murderer’s Row of Fuller / Funchess / Sanu v. the 1st place team week 9.

Thus, Golladay.

Looking a little harder at Sanu.  Target numbers have been good.  He's a FF WR3 in the top 200 Fwd.  Atlanta cant get any worse than they've been?  Maybe?  And the FF playoffs are NO twice and TB.

He is probably not a league winner but his prospects may be stronger than public opinion would dictate.

pre-emptive Corey Coleman for wk11 possible return. Potential talented WR1 on a team that lives in garbage time.

Me next week with Allen & Cooks out. I’m looking at a Murderer’s Row of Fuller / Funchess / Sanu v. the 1st place team week 9.

Thus, Golladay.
I like Golladay but really need him this week and the Lions play Blitz-burgh....don't want to get too cute with matchups but wondering if a banged up Stafford will even have time for a 3-step drop....

So would picking up Golladay or Corey Davis be the priority this week and ROS? I can pick up one hopefully this week and maybe the other next week . Just not sure if I could get both. Unfortunately have to get by the bye week issue this week.

Stills is...still the best FA WR pick up IMO with Moore throwing.  I have no confidence in Parker on a short week.

Users who are viewing this thread