What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 World Series Thread: Cosjobs washes his shirt & dooms the Astros to a game 7 (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
At Los Angeles
Game 1 - Tue, Oct 24
Game 2 - Wed, Oct 25
At Houston
Game 3 - Fri, Oct 27
Game 4 - Sat, Oct 28
Game 5 - Sun, Oct 29
At Los Angeles
Game 6 - Tue, Oct 31
Game 7 - Wed, Nov 1

All night games starting at 5:09 PM Pacific on Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
104 degrees today in LA.  Far cry from the chilly temps we've grown accustomed to seeing for these fall classics.  Not sure who to root for in this one.  Guess Astros since they've never won.  And my buddy Cos will cash a nice fat ticket in Vegas, which he can use to settle the lawsuit against him by the family of the girl he crushed lunging for a foul ball in Game 6 of the ALCS.

My dad can still rattle off stats for the Brooklyn Dodgers. It was never a problem that his son was an Astros fan, because for most of the last 55 years, they were in the same league and the Astros stank on ice. But now, we got beef.

I sent him a text today that every jackhole owner that moves his team for a stadium deal can thank the Dodgers. I'm about to be disowned. :lmao:

Pulling for the Dodgers here.  My little league team in '87 was the Dodgers, bought a Dodgers cap to wear for games intead of the cheapo hats you got back then.  Wore the heck out of it, so of course I pulled for them in '88, and have been in love with them since Gibson hit that home run.  I'll be wearing my Ramon (yes, Ramon) Martinez jersey for each game this series (on my couch of course, it doesn't really fit well enough to wear in public anymore.  Plus, its a jersey).  Go Dodgers!

Pulling for the Dodgers here.  My little league team in '87 was the Dodgers, bought a Dodgers cap to wear for games intead of the cheapo hats you got back then.  Wore the heck out of it, so of course I pulled for them in '88, and have been in love with them since Gibson hit that home run.  I'll be wearing my Ramon (yes, Ramon) Martinez jersey for each game this series (on my couch of course, it doesn't really fit well enough to wear in public anymore.  Plus, its a jersey).  Go Dodgers!
Oh, yes. Such a good pitcher, career cut short with arm injuries.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I got to go to Game 1 of the '78 World Series, because there's no way I could afford the ticket prices I'm seeing for Game 1 today.  Wow.  

I'm sure I'll curse Altuve's ability to hit any freaking pitch thrown to him a bunch of times during this series, but hopefully the Dodgers can hold down the rest of the lineup and they go on to win in 5.  Pretty sure my heart wouldn't be able to take a Game 7.

This is a tough one for me. The Astros are a very like-able team have seemingly done everything right to get to where they are. The Dodgers are pretty much the suck, but they have Chase Utley. Gonna have to lean Utley here.

Huge lifelong Dodger fan.  As luck would have it I'm on the road for all 4 home games.  My buddy bought 2 reserve level seats (2nd from the top) for $2500 total after they clinched thinking price would go up with Yankees win.  Should have waited.  I would have rather faced the Yankees.  Massive respect for the Astros.  This really should be an epic Series.

Do Dodger fans honor their tradition of showing up in the third and leaving in the seventh even in the World Series?

Eephus said:
Not really a Houston fan but hoping for the Dodgers to lose in the most painful way possible.
I think I want to see the Dodgers win the first three and lose the next four.  Put the Astros at 4-7 lifetime in Series games with one title.

Do Dodger fans honor their tradition of showing up in the third and leaving in the seventh even in the World Series?
I used to chide LA fans about this until I visited Dodger Stadium.  The parking lot is poorly designed; it's amazing they haven't been able to improve access given 55 years at the current location.

If the game ends at 8:30 local time tonight, there will still be people stuck in the parking lot at 10:30.

Looks like the ball is going to carry tonight.  Evening sun will be less of a factor for hitters in October than during the summer

Glad Bregman hit that bomb. 

Home plate umpire sucks but at least consistently bad for both teams it seems like. 

Users who are viewing this thread