What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lev Bell (1 Viewer)

kdizz11

Footballguy
.5 PPR, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX 

Side A trades Doug Martin, Chris Hogan, Duke Johnson. Side B trades Lev Bell, Alex Collins, Marvin Jones. Which side would you prefer to acquire? 

Will respond to your topic in return, thanks! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm big on quality over quantity in fantasy so I'd take Bell's side. The higher end your players are, the easier it is to start players and when new player bursts onto the scene, you'll have room to start him next to Bell instead of picking 2 of 3 equal backs.

That's a tough question to answer without knowing what the rest of your team looks like.

Hogan and Johnson schedule are both going to stiffen up over the next several weeks.

In a vacuum the team with the elite player normally improves their team the most.

If you need to shore up more than one position obviously Martin Hogan Johnson helps the best.

If your team is solid and looking for that elite player to to move your team up into the next tier take Bell.

That's a tough question to answer without knowing what the rest of your team looks like.

Hogan and Johnson schedule are both going to stiffen up over the next several weeks.

In a vacuum the team with the elite player normally improves their team the most.

If you need to shore up more than one position obviously Martin Hogan Johnson helps the best.

If your team is solid and looking for that elite player to to move your team up into the next tier take Bell.
Team is as follows: 

Russ Wilson 
Doug Martin
Devonta Freeman
AJ Green
Chris Hogan
Zach Ertz
Duke Johnson
Butker
Bengals

Bench: 
Golden Tate
Ted Ginn 
Deandre Washington
Jalen Richard

IR: Corey Coleman. 

Didn't give team because I didn't want to give away what side I was getting. I feel the upgrade from Doug to Bell most often outweighs the downgrade from Hogan to Marvin, Ginn or Tate. Looking to see if I'm in the minority, and whether or not people find this deal to be "fair". Thanks! :)

We don't care about fair, the only goal is to improve our team.

I'd make that trade

Insert Bell and Ginn and to my starting lineup. 

Drop Jones to provide streaming / bye flexibility and start working on improving your Flex position.

Good luck 

I do care about "fair". That said I think this deal is obviously "fair". Also no chance I'd drop Jones. I'd start him over Ginn this week assuming Tate is out. Thanks again! :D

No brainer, Bell side better by a longshot. 

I feel the upgrade from Doug to Bell most often outweighs the downgrade from Hogan to Marvin, Ginn or Tate.
I tallied up the Value ratings from the Top 200 Going Forward, which accounts for scarcity & the impact an elite player will have RoS. The side getting Bell wins this trade, and it’s not close. Put another way, if it was a 3-for-1 trade, it’s still Side A (receiving Bell) by a considerable margin.

I tallied up the Value ratings from the Top 200 Going Forward, which accounts for scarcity & the impact an elite player will have RoS. The side getting Bell wins this trade, and it’s not close. Put another way, if it was a 3-for-1 trade, it’s still Side A (receiving Bell) by a considerable margin.
Interesting. Can't say I'm familiar with this tool or it's biases though. Much like everyone else it probably underrates both Hogan and Duke. They aren't going away. 

Interesting. Can't say I'm familiar with this tool or it's biases though. Much like everyone else it probably underrates both Hogan and Duke. They aren't going away. 
The value rating is data driven and is a derivative of Value Based Drafting, which 15-20 years led Joe Bryant to create FBGs. It introduced now common concepts about positional scarcity. It remains a valuable method for drafting and comparing the relative value of players across different positions.

Users who are viewing this thread