What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR to drop in competitive 10 man 1/2 PPR (1 Viewer)

Blagar3lsu

Footballguy
Thanks in advance for any advice!  I have to drop one of the following WR's in order to be able to pick up a K for week 8.  I'm including my starting/whole roster below for anyone who wants to look beyond the names to drop...most were just acquired on waivers in hopes of hitting on one or 2 as season long options.  Beast mode is also an option to cut ties with...

Smith-Schuster (after painstakingly waiting through 7 weeks of Martavus)

J Doctson

K Stills

R Matthews--slowly gaining speed as the most likely to drop. Don't I know what I have here?  At least these other names have some upside

M Lee

Remaining roster

D Watson (lost A rodgers)

Cooks, Diggs, plus one of the above (lost OBJ)

Ingram, Mckinnon, D Lewis (not dropping), Buck Allen, Beast Mode (lost Chris Carson and Danny Wood)

Evan Engram, Jack Doyle as a bye week fill in

IR-Danny Wood

Welcome!

Important Note about the Shark Pool:

Threads that are asking for advice on how you should draft or manage your team belong in The Assistant Coach Subforum below.

The Shark Pool is reserved for sharing NFL talk and fantasy football strategy discussion.

I was going to answer with something snarky about the Shark Pool vs the AC Forum but since this is a competitive league...

Okay, okay new guy you have been snarked on enough. Because you are new and didn't know any better about where WDIS posts belong here is who I honestly think you should drop and my reasoning.

Seems that Rishard is very up and down as are the Titans every week. Tough to predict, ton of mouths to feed and I am not sure Matthews has big upside but...maybe he does and he is healthy and playing which has it's own value.

Woodhead seems like the obvious drop. He's old and frail so you likely won't have him long if/when he comes back. He will likely cede time to Buck Allen who is clearly trusted by the coaching staff despite limitations in his game. Plus the Ravens offense is just terrible.

He is the guy I would cut without question.

Good luck.

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome.

I threw the word "competitive" in because I saw it used in some other posts that got replies.

I copy and pasted this post on the AC forum immediately after creating this one...nonetheless, thank you from the bottom of my ###### for your guidance.

@Chaka I am wonderful.  Thanks for asking.  woodhead is in my IR slot...not taking a spot that could be occupied but any healthy player.  

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome.

I threw the word "competitive" in because I saw it used in some other posts that got replies.

I copy and pasted this post on the AC forum immediately after creating this one...nonetheless, thank you from the bottom of my ###### for your guidance.

@Chaka I am wonderful.  Thanks for asking.  woodhead is in my IR slot...not taking a spot that could be occupied but any healthy player.  
Bummer you can't drop Woodhead because it may be the Alex Collins show in Baltimore going forward.

Then I would drop Rishard.

I would dump Marquis Lee before Rishard Matthews.  I would be tempted to drop Doyle except Engram is on bye and I definitely wouldn't drop him.

I like woodhead's chances of being a solid flex PPR back on an offense dying for playmakers...tonight's aberration excluded.

CUMAH STILLS GARBAGE TIME TD!!!!

What do yall think about this weekend with those WRs?  If Diggs isn't limited, or reported as such, he is definite start over any of these other guys, right (with Cooks as my 1)?  

What do yall think about this weekend with those WRs?  If Diggs isn't limited, or reported as such, he is definite start over any of these other guys, right (with Cooks as my 1)?  
For me it is a tough call between Smith-Schuster and Doctson - but I'd roll with Smith-Schuster.

Might I suggest dropping a few players.. Its best to carry a few kickers, to play matchups.. (same with defenses) 

Users who are viewing this thread