What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Reid (1 Viewer)

Legalize Stickum

Footballguy
According to the San Jose Mercury News, Reid has officially been converted to LB. Rotoworld lists him as the starter at WLB. He may have underwhelmed as a safety, but if he can produce like Ray-Ray, keep his S designation and play with the giant chip on his shoulder that he likely has, he could be gold. 

From ray ray thread

He's a must own and start in any league that starts two safeties. 100% ILB snaps as a safety? #cheatcode

The 49ers are converting S Eric Reid to linebacker.

Reid has played 58 snaps at weak-side linebacker over the past two weeks, starting Week 7. Reid began the year as an every-down player at strong safety before injuring his knee. He missed Weeks 3-5. Jaquiski Tartt won Reid's job while he was sidelined. "This is my contract year, so when they broke the news to me, I wondered what the reasoning was to make the move," Reid said. "Right now I just trust the film I have at safety is good enough to enter free agency with, and now I’ll get some film at linebacker, as well." Reid said he's been given no assurances for 2018 by the 49ers. 

Yes, ILB, he'll be 100% player next to Foster with Ray Ray returning to the bench for as long as the 3 safeties stay healthy 

I knew. Dadgummit...I knew it. I knew not to fall for this Eric Reid hype show A-GAIN. He is the most overhyped, underperforming IDP I see year after year. 

Playing FS with great ball skills and a good tackler? Sure, giddy-up!

Moved to SS with more opportunities against the run? Yeah, I'll try again and buy some that share...again.

Moved to LB to replace a (fantasy) productive LB? Um...I guess...but it seems like I've been here before...I guess I'll drink the kool-aid again. 

And every time, I've been disappointed by his production. There's a part of me that wants to give him more time because he is playing LB now, but he had fewer tackles than Ray last week even though he out-snapped him easily. Now he comes up with this dud, and I'm about ready to just cut him loose and say forget it. Before I do, however, did anyone get to watch the game? Did anyone get to see why he only had 3 tackles? 

Right, Reid was shifted to FS just as soon as it began when Ward went out injured so he didn't get a chance to prove anyone right/wrong

Okay now I'm really confused because Reid only played 47% and Ray-Ray only played 51%only two players played a hundred percent of the snaps and that was Jaquiski Tartt and Brock Coyle. 

Robar said:
Right, Reid was shifted to FS just as soon as it began when Ward went out injured so he didn't get a chance to prove anyone right/wrong
Well, that makes it easier to move on then because I don't have to hope he'll find his way at LB. Even at LB, I think he would have been fool's gold. I guess I keep coming back to him because I'm a LSU diehard, and he's an LSU guy and I want him to succeed. But I'll never be fooled by any hype surrounding him again. 

looks like it's the role, not necessarily the player ... I'm gonna have to take another chance on this guy.  God help me.

Users who are viewing this thread