What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's official, the world has gone crazy (1 Viewer)

It's brain-dead ideas like this that lead to a backlash resulting in Trump winning the presidency.
And her theory is crap considering how good Asians are math. She just sucks at teaching.

It's brain-dead ideas like this that lead to a backlash resulting in Trump winning the presidency.
And her theory is crap considering how good Asians are math. She just sucks at teaching.

Yeah.  When I read this quote: "Who gets credit for doing and developing mathematics, who is capable in mathematics, and who is seen as part of the mathematical community is generally viewed as White," I couldn't help to think that she obviously doesn't have a very big Asian population in her community.  Replace "White" with a blank and ask all the students at my kids' high school to fill in the blank with an ethnicity and 95+% put in "Asian."

“If one is not viewed as mathematical, there will always be a sense of inferiority that can be summoned,” she says, adding that there are so many minorities who “have experienced microaggressions from participating in math classrooms… [where people are] judged by whether they can reason abstractly.”

I'm having a hard time reading this in a way that doesn't sound like she's saying minorities are somehow inherently worse at abstract reasoning.  Hopefully, it doesn't sound that bad when read in the full context rather than just one pulled quote.

Republicans' favorite new parlor game:  finding a rando who says something half as crazy as the President's daily wordbarf, and bemoaning the state of the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
msudaisy26 said:
Sorry, but this post is at least 2 years behind the curve.
Lani Guinier, 2017-style.  

For those that don't know, Guinier once stated that logic and the discipline of logic was a white male patriarchal remnant.  

BigSteelThrill said:
And that silly person will never be voted to congress... unlike silly people from Alabama.
Let’s be honest.... there are Hordes of mouth breathers in rural PA who go to the dentist for their tooth once every 5 years just like Bammers.

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Republicans' favorite new parlor game:  finding a rando who says something half as crazy as the President's daily wordbarf, and bemoaning the state of the country.
ProTip. When you stop obsessing about “us” vs “them” and start focusing on “we” you immediately realize both sides suck and stop looking like a dullard every time you open your mouth. 

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
I have no comment here other than I like this word WORDBARF.

"She also worries that evaluations of math skills can perpetuate discrimination against minorities, especially if they do worse than their white counterparts."

Especially... only... 

po-tay-to, po-tah-to.  

Users who are viewing this thread