What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrarium TV (2 Viewers)

Are there any special settings in Blokada you need to set? I've heard Blokada works for some ads but not for all of them.
 I just enabled the ad blocking, didn’t configure it… Haven’t seen a single ad since. You can go look at history of things allowed/blocked and add servers that snuck through... but I haven’t had to yet. 

Similar setup

1) CyberFlix w/RD addon (just like Cinema, but without the ads)

2) SFU (IPTV, about $5/mth - used mainly for sporting events)

3) IPVanish - Actually looking for other option here, so PIA is something I'm looking at.  We like to use the Fire app on our phones, and when we put in the IPV, we lose that option.  Need to see what else can be done.

All in all, about $8-$9/mth.  I used to use LL IPTV, but let that sub run out.  I like SFU's interface.  A lot cleaner and a quicker startup.  

We do a timeshare with Netflix and Hulu, where different families pay for a service each year.  This is our off year, so it's like getting those for free!   :thumbup:
So Ive been using LL IPTV for a while, but my last sub just ran out yesterday and I was gonna re-up tonight but decided to check SFU out based on your post. Im looking around with the free trial right now and I gotta say its pretty awesome, Im gonna give it a go for a month and see if I like it better. So far it looks light years ahead of LL as far as UI. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: The only thing about SFU I dont like is I cant get a classic grid view in the guide like I had in Perfect Player with LL. The only option seems to be the channels on the left with the preview screen/show info on the right and having to scroll to each channel to see whats on each individual channel. I DO like the preview box when scrolling thru the guide, but Id like the option to have a classic on screen grid guide so I dont have to manually go to each channel to see whats on. Other than that I really dig it!

NEW EDIT: If you go into LIVE WITH EPG, youll get the grid guide. Going into just LIVE TV, you get the channel list with preview screen. So, problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
that makes sense. but a modem isnt something you ever troubleshoot. a router yes - modem not so much

++++ those tech support guys at xfinity are doodoo. if you have a router issue ask here for better & faster support
...I gotta say I agree with @[icon] here.  When I tried to first set up my Comcast service, they had all sorts of issues.  Took them a month to get me active.  In that time they sent me 3 modems, and sent a tech out to test my wiring, and eventually ran a new line from the box to my house...the issue?  The old line was unscrewed in the box.  They didn't think to check it until AFTER they trenched for a new line and went to hook it in.

I agree 100% that the modem isn't usually the issue and doesn't usually need to be troubleshot.  The problem is Comcast will just tell you that is your problem and refuse to help beyond that, and often it IS their problem.  

I hate Comcast more than just about any other company, but to get internet speeds greater than 3 Mbps, they're my only option.

NEW EDIT: If you go into LIVE WITH EPG, youll get the grid guide. Going into just LIVE TV, you get the channel list with preview screen. So, problem solved.
Ha!  I was just going to post this as well.  I always go into Live with EPG.  Just easier that way.  Plus the EPG load time is MUCH shorter than LL with PP.  The UI is just crisp, clean, and quick. I stumbled on it from Troy a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't be happier.  One thing I have found is that you can go into Settings and change the default player to another one of your choice for either live tv, playback, dvr, or any of the 24/7 channels.  I use their default for Live TV, but switched to MX Player for playbacks and other options.  I rarely have a buffering issue.  Nice format and similar to LL.  The ultimate test will be with the NFL season, but MLB hasn't been too bad the last couple of weeks.

Ha!  I was just going to post this as well.  I always go into Live with EPG.  Just easier that way.  Plus the EPG load time is MUCH shorter than LL with PP.  The UI is just crisp, clean, and quick. I stumbled on it from Troy a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't be happier.  One thing I have found is that you can go into Settings and change the default player to another one of your choice for either live tv, playback, dvr, or any of the 24/7 channels.  I use their default for Live TV, but switched to MX Player for playbacks and other options.  I rarely have a buffering issue.  Nice format and similar to LL.  The ultimate test will be with the NFL season, but MLB hasn't been too bad the last couple of weeks.
Yeah, NFL is the only thing Im worried about, with LL Ive always been able to find the games I want. A little tip in case you havent thought of it, if you wanna watch a game and the feed(s) in the NFL section are wonky or buffering, you can usually find all the games in the local FOX/CBS channel section, just go to the local channel in the city of the team you want to watch and stream their local broadcast. Also, for PPVs like UFC, sometimes I would go into the international sports (or other country sections) in LL and find a stream there if the links in the PPV section werent up to snuff. Works every time.

Damnit. 

I didnt realize it but Blokada was stepping on my PIA VPN. Doing research, it used the VPN API of your device, so you can’t use both. Of course they have their own VPN for 5€/mo... :rolleyes:

So much for Blokada.... anyone have better ad blocking? 

Just installed blokada. Works good. Do you leave it on all

the time ?
Yes. But it is ruining your VPN connection. Android has a limitation to one VPN API and Blokada uses it, which steps on our damn VPNs. It’s a technical problem they aren’t fixing anytime soon since they’re now selling VPN. Damnit 

I’m using my SFU trial right now. Great interface, massive selection and now I can get my sports that Sling removed the other day. 

Amazing so far.

Kodi - ZERO dollars

Mobdro - ZERO dollars

RealDeb - roughly $3 per month

Innerwebz servive - $61 per

.... so, for roughly $64 per i am watching anything my ### desires. 

SFU worked perfect for the UFC PPV last night,  I think im gonna stick with this over Limitless. The EPG isnt quite as good as Perfect Players (I've never liked or used the LL native app) but I put my SFU playlist and EPG URLs into Perfect Player so I can use that for EPG if I want. Best of both worlds.

Jobber said:
I’m using my SFU trial right now. Great interface, massive selection and now I can get my sports that Sling removed the other day. 

Amazing so far.
What sports did Sling remove?

ETA: I see it seems to be Fox Sports regional networks, is that it?

So far, so good for SFU, loving my current setup. I'd consider dropping Sling but the wife knows how to work that and she'd have to learn how to navigate SFU, so maybe I'll teach her that, first.

So far, so good for SFU, loving my current setup. I'd consider dropping Sling but the wife knows how to work that and she'd have to learn how to navigate SFU, so maybe I'll teach her that, first.
How is the quality of the sports feeds compared to something like Mobdro?

How is the quality of the sports feeds compared to something like Mobdro?
interested in this as well ...

when Mobdro is not buffering (just clear your cache prior to each stream), it's consistent 720, with a smattering of 1080 

can't imagine any service doing a better job, but if this SFU is as good as advertised im'ma have to give it a roll out 

:popcorn:

when Mobdro is not buffering (just clear your cache prior to each stream), it's consistent 720, with a smattering of 1080 

can't imagine any service doing a better job, but if this SFU is as good as advertised im'ma have to give it a roll out 

Really, Mobdro at 720p? I seem to never get that. it is always very pixelated.

Tivimate is a great no frills EPG app that has a slick look, for those that want a nice grid guide, check it out. You just input your playlist and EPG URLs from your IPTV service and youre good to go.

https://youtu.be/bx4JGnUXRdQ

Really, Mobdro at 720p? I seem to never get that. it is always very pixelated.
the sports streams are very top-notch ... i use "At the Races" an awful lot, it's Brit coverage of the day's horseracing, including Stateside tracks ... very crisp feed ... the soccer, as well - FS1 for the WWC was crystal. 

ESPN, NFLN, MLB network ... all very clear. 

the shows/channels/movie/live feeds are always on par  :shrug:

the sports streams are very top-notch ... i use "At the Races" an awful lot, it's Brit coverage of the day's horseracing, including Stateside tracks ... very crisp feed ... the soccer, as well - FS1 for the WWC was crystal. 

ESPN, NFLN, MLB network ... all very clear. 

the shows/channels/movie/live feeds are always on par  :shrug:
That's all I use it for too, sports streams. Mainly BT/Sky Sports, and neither are clear. I'm on a Fire TV device by the way, and cache is cleared at each startup.

ive found ufc is usually on btsports 2 in the uk sports section
This past Saturday my feed was unwatchable (firestick-mobdro-BTS), choppy feed every few seconds.  Went back to my old method of dodging spam links on my laptop, but the result was the best HD feed I've seen in a while for these events.  

I don't have Mobdro, so I can't say for certain how it compares. I've only watched some ESPN, golf, and some baseball highlights so far since I set up SFU, but the picture has been totally fine. I'll report back once I've checked it out more completely. 

This past Saturday my feed was unwatchable (firestick-mobdro-BTS), choppy feed every few seconds.  Went back to my old method of dodging spam links on my laptop, but the result was the best HD feed I've seen in a while for these events.  
This has been my experience too. I tried Mobdro for LFCTV vs. live stream on laptop, night and day. I realize it could simply be the streaming source Mobdro is using, but I would expect to see better results with Mobdro every now and then

yeah, obviously on big ticket ppv #### the feed is gonna be dodgy - i would hold out zero hope for smoove/clear in a scenario such as that - ya get what ya pay for  :shrug:

however, as i said earlier, for the lower traffic streams? works pretty damn well. 

My FireStick Setup is Dialed IN 
Currently running: 

1) Cinema APK (Any TV Show / Movie in demand - Free)

2) Kodi Solutions (4200 channels of Live TV including all sports packages and PPV - $5/mo)

3) PIA VPN (hides traffic $2/mo w 3yr promo deal) 

4) Blokada Firewall (kills all ads - free) 

Real Debrid adds extra HD feeds for cinema apk for $2/mo

Total: $9/mo for untraceable, ad free, HD content. 4200 live channels including all sports packages and PPV, plus Any TV show or movie on demand.

:wub:  

Whats everyone else running? 
How much time/effort is involved in setting this all up?

How much time/effort is involved in setting this all up?
Really depends on how comfortable you are with technology and all the options available.

I assisted my wife's cousin over the phone for about 60 minutes and got him set up from scratch.

If you start from scratch with no experience having to find all the links, it might take a while to get all the subscriptions and the right apps. I'd say a good solid 3-4 hours.

Go ahead. 

Grab a beer

Get a laptop download adblink 

Download filelinked on your laptop

https://www.filelinkedapk.com/download/

load firestick go to settings developer mode and enable it. Goto network tab and grab firestick ip 

grab a beer

inside adblink connect to firestick ip 

once connected load filelinked onto firestick

when filelinked transfer completes launch it on the firestick

youtube any filelinked code and enter it into filelinked to access their library

download whatever apps you want (kodi cinema etc etc) this also installs them

grab a beer

Grab a beer

load firestick go to settings developer mode and enable it. Goto network tab and grab firestick ip 

grab a beer

youtube any filelinked code and enter it into filelinked to access their library

grab a beer
You would need all accounts set up already, and know exactly which apps to use. This approach is similar to mine, but there are other things to consider, like which VPN to use, config of VPN etc... and more beer.

Grab a beer

grab a beer

grab a beer
Would you recommend getting a new Firestick to play around with the first time? I’ve got a bunch of them but still have Dish. I really want to get rid of that but I figured what the heck why not try what @[icon] setup.

IMO you don't need all that VPN and Real Debrid stuff. I've never used either of them and have never had any issues in the year or two I've been streaming from my devices.

Cinema HD App and an IPTV subscription is all you need on something like a firestick 4k or Fire TV box.

IPTV will get you pretty much any live TV channel you can think of (plus thousands you wouldn't think of) and most live sporting events and PPVs.

Cinema HD App will get you movies and TV shows on demand.

Cinema requires zero setup. Just install and youre done. IPTV is a little more involved but I found SFU a lot simpler to setup than Limitless was and I was up and running in about 15-20 minutes by following instructions right here

Easy peasy.

Would you recommend getting a new Firestick to play around with the first time? I’ve got a bunch of them but still have Dish. I really want to get rid of that but I figured what the heck why not try what @[icon] setup.
Yes a firestick is a good place to start. Most people start there then upgrade to something a little more powerful that also supports gaming. I have the firetv boxes and they’re perfect

IMO you don't need all that VPN and Real Debrid stuff. I've never used either of them and have never had any issues in the year or two I've been streaming from my devices.
i agree about the VPN - never used one, never will - BUT ... RealDeb is so essential.  i've tried to abide without it a few times when my sub runs out and, yeah, no thanks. 

not saying one can't pull decent quality without it, but the options are very limited. 

with RD you get dozens of 1080 options, and with the more popular fare it goes into the 100s, literally .... example: s8 of GoT featured no less than 200+ 1080 cached torrent options for each episode - i'll take that for $3 per. 

you may have no issues without it, but having it is akin to segueing from black n' white to technicolor ...it is a legit game changer. 

Cinema HD App and an IPTV subscription is all you need on something like a firestick 4k or Fire TV box.

IPTV will get you pretty much any live TV channel you can think of (plus thousands you wouldn't think of) and most live sporting events and PPVs.

Cinema HD App will get you movies and TV shows on demand.

Cinema requires zero setup. Just install and youre done. IPTV is a little more involved but I found SFU a lot simpler to setup than Limitless was and I was up and running in about 15-20 minutes by following instructions right here

Easy peasy.
:goodposting:

My whole setup came from the same site.  I didn't have to do anything more than point the Firestick Downloader to that site and get whatever I needed.  SFU was a lot simplier, and no need for a broker or some underground FB group and Telegram conversation to set up.  A simple download and play.  This stuff doesn't have to be hard anymore.  Setting up a Firestick like this can be done in 30mins, from a fresh start.  Most of the time is spent downloading and waiting.

Wingnut said:
IMO you don't need all that VPN and Real Debrid stuff.
Disagree on the VPN, but maybe I'm paranoid. There are no indications of bandwidth throttling or going after consumers in the US so far, but they have in the UK. I just prefer not having my ISP up in my business, and besides, it adds to your overall information security, and should be something you want anyway, especially if you do any financial transactions online.

Peak said:
:goodposting:

My whole setup came from the same site.  I didn't have to do anything more than point the Firestick Downloader to that site and get whatever I needed.  SFU was a lot simplier, and no need for a broker or some underground FB group and Telegram conversation to set up.  A simple download and play.  This stuff doesn't have to be hard anymore.  Setting up a Firestick like this can be done in 30mins, from a fresh start.  Most of the time is spent downloading and waiting.
Yeah, troypoint is excellent. Makes instructions easy to follow, and won't lead you down the wrong path.

Disagree on the VPN, but maybe I'm paranoid. There are no indications of bandwidth throttling or going after consumers in the US so far, but they have in the UK. I just prefer not having my ISP up in my business, and besides, it adds to your overall information security, and should be something you want anyway, especially if you do any financial transactions online.
You’re not. Couldn’t imagine not running a VPN with my setup. Your ISP is always watching. 

Which vpn is everyone running? How much speed are you losing with the vpn? 5-10mbps?
I don't lose any of the fireTV bandwidth (100mbps), but I have fiber and running the VPN on my router. When I used to run it on my firestick I lost on average 3-4mbps depending on VPN server location. When connecting to European VPN servers I lost 10-ish.

I use IPVanish.

Curious, what throughput are you guys seeing on the device WiFi? I consistently saw around 50-55 before hardwiring.

ETA: 1st gen FireTV, and have considered upgrading, but haven't seen the reason yet.

Users who are viewing this thread