Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
IC FBGCav

Terrarium TV

16 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

SFU is Sports TV?

I’m seeing $15/month, but @Peak you’re paying $5 and @Wingnut you’re paying $7?

Got a new firestick (not 4K, hopefully not a mistake) so I want to mess around and try some of these builds on the past couple pages.

Agreed with @Wingnut.  Odd as I saw the redirect over the weekend as I was setting it up for my BIL.  You can still get it, as I gave him the links.  You can DM me if you need anything.  I used SFU last night to watch the Tribe game.  No issues.

18 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

Well everything back to normal now.  I wonder what could have happened to make all the apps go down at once.  Do they all use the same server?

I think Unlock is a clone of Cinema.  Not sure how that works, but it could be if one was down it could have impacted the other?  I don't really use either one, so it didn't impact me.

2 hours ago, Peak said:

I think Unlock is a clone of Cinema.  Not sure how that works, but it could be if one was down it could have impacted the other?  I don't really use either one, so it didn't impact me.

It was just weird that showbox, CINEMA, titanium, catmouse. Teatv, tvzion, cyberflix, dreamtv all were down at the same time are they all clones? Or maybe they all do use the same server.

3 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

It was just weird that showbox, CINEMA, titanium, catmouse. Teatv, tvzion, cyberflix, dreamtv all were down at the same time are they all clones? Or maybe they all do use the same server.

Good question.  Don't really know.  Maybe?  I didn't notice Cyber being down. :shrug:

3 hours ago, rustycolts said:

Well everything back to normal now.  I wonder what could have happened to make all the apps go down at once.  Do they all use the same server?

someone on reddit said TMBD (The Movie Data Base) was down, which apparently affects streaming apps.

"TMDb.org is a crowd-sourced movie information database used by many film-related consoles, sites and apps, such as XBMC, MythTV and Plex. Dozens of media managers, mobile apps and social sites make use of its API"

:shrug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not sure if anyone is using NFL GamePass International and experienced the inability to cast to a device and the app claiming its unable to for some unknown reason. Turns out the NFL is not only checking the location of the cast sending device, but I believe also checking the cast receiving device. Solution? VPN on receiving device which is an Nvidia Shield for me.  IPVanish is installed on all devices.

Edited by Osaurus

On 8/12/2019 at 6:46 PM, Bobcat10 said:

SFU is Sports TV?

I’m seeing $15/month, but @Peak you’re paying $5 and @Wingnut you’re paying $7?

Got a new firestick (not 4K, hopefully not a mistake) so I want to mess around and try some of these builds on the past couple pages.

Saw the same thing. No idea why they now have the redirect, but no need for Sports TV if you have SFU.

8 minutes ago, Big League Chew said:

Cinema and unlock no longer working ?

I'm watching the Godfather on Cinema now,but unlock was down for me.  Happened a few nights ago also @Wingnutsaid that IMDB was down which causes problems for these apps.  The other night just about all of them were down.

• Thanks 1

For the VPN apps that people use for streaming...does it end up blocking/hiding all of the traffic that originates from your internet connection, or can you set it up where it would only be in use when using it in certain cases, like with a Fire stick?

Said easier...can I have the VPN covering all my streaming off the Fire stick while using my phone/laptop to broadcast as normal when connected to my wifi? Or is it all or none?

2 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

For the VPN apps that people use for streaming...does it end up blocking/hiding all of the traffic that originates from your internet connection, or can you set it up where it would only be in use when using it in certain cases, like with a Fire stick?

Said easier...can I have the VPN covering all my streaming off the Fire stick while using my phone/laptop to broadcast as normal when connected to my wifi? Or is it all or none?

Use the vpn app on the firestick. Everything else will be normal traffic

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big League Chew said:

Cinema and unlock no longer working ?

Unlock working fine for me right now.

2 hours ago, Big League Chew said:

I compared ipvanish app on firestick download speed -20mbps vs vpn setup on router -30mpbs

Seems like alot, no?

NFL secret 

1- nflbite dot com

2- click your team's helmet during game time 

3- scroll down and choose a verified link

4- push the play button, wait until short add is done and then click remove add at top left

5- enjoy free NFL 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

On 8/14/2019 at 11:45 PM, tonydead said:

NFL secret 

Hide contents

1- nflbite dot com

2- click your team's helmet during game time 

3- scroll down and choose a verified link

4- push the play button, wait until short add is done and then click remove add at top left

5- enjoy free NFL 

Castable?

Ok, I signed up for Kodi Solutions. How do I use it to watch sports?

On 8/24/2019 at 11:58 AM, dickey moe said:

Ok, I signed up for Kodi Solutions. How do I use it to watch sports?

Select the sports sections... sorted by football, baseball, etc... or US SPORTS. 

On 8/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, [icon] said:

Select the sports sections... sorted by football, baseball, etc... or US SPORTS. 

I've been experiencing quite a bit of buffering. What's the best way to improve that?

Cyberflix is really good.  I'm not running VPN (yet, would add this in if I cut the cable).

SFU - Still undecided.  Honestly have not put alot of time/effort into figuring out how to make it work best.  Cable internet can fluctuate, teenage gamer/youtuber in the house, etc.  

The price is amazing, as is all the live sports packages being included (will probably be great on Sunday's coming up as well).  Will try out MMA PPV this weekend.  Picture is generally not as clear from what I've experienced with a service like Hulu, but it's ok.  I need to figure out recording still.  I'm a big DVR person on legacy cable even though I watch a number of shows the same day they air, just not live.  

2 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

SFU - Still undecided.  Honestly have not put alot of time/effort into figuring out how to make it work best.  Cable internet can fluctuate, teenage gamer/youtuber in the house, etc.  

The price is amazing, as is all the live sports packages being included (will probably be great on Sunday's coming up as well).  Will try out MMA PPV this weekend.  Picture is generally not as clear from what I've experienced with a service like Hulu, but it's ok.

I messed with several different EPGs etc with Streams For Us and ended up sticking with Perfect Player. As for the pic quality, everything has been pretty much HD. I havent had any big issues with UFC or boxing PPVs yet.

UFC PPV playing fine on SFU in Live PPV events section

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Been digging SFU quite a bit.

I like it way better than Limitless. I especially like the local NBC/CBS/FOX/ABC channels, sometimes I'll watch local news in random cities around the country for no reason other than to see what's going in in Salt Lake City, or maybe Baton Rouge.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 2

On 9/7/2019 at 2:36 PM, Wingnut said:

I like it way better than Limitless. I especially like the local NBC/CBS/FOX/ABC channels, sometimes I'll watch local news in random cities around the country for no reason other than to see what's going in in Salt Lake City, or maybe Baton Rouge.

Do all of those smaller market local channels work?  

2 hours ago, FairWarning said:

Do all of those smaller market local channels work?  

Most of them do. It's kinda hit and miss but I'd say 80% of them work on any given day 

On 9/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, Wingnut said:

UFC PPV playing fine on SFU in Live PPV events section

Agreed, I thought it was pretty solid with just a few minor hiccups.  

Did you try watching the undercard on the ESPN+ channel?  That was unwatchable for me (buffering, skipping around, etc).  I turned it off.

I checked out extending my SFU subscription and couldn't find the pricing or anything like that.  Then I noticed this interesting note on there:

We've made a decision to close open registration on streamsforus so we can focus on improving the quality of the service to our current customers.

I'm submitting a ticket to see if I can change plans or extend the current one.

2 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

I checked out extending my SFU subscription and couldn't find the pricing or anything like that.  Then I noticed this interesting note on there:

We've made a decision to close open registration on streamsforus so we can focus on improving the quality of the service to our current customers.

Interesting.  I would assume that since you are a registered customer they would allow you to at least extend your plan.

1 minute ago, Peak said:

Interesting.  I would assume that since you are a registered customer they would allow you to at least extend your plan.

That's what I'm thinking but there is no way to change my plan on there right now.  Maybe that option comes when I get the "invoice" 5 days before my current plan is up (since they discontinued auto-pay in July).  

SFU customer support has been extremely vague to the point I think he's hiding something and/or doesn't care one lick if they lose me as a customer.   Or he just sucks at customer service.

I think the only thing I'm going to be able to do is renew at the month to month rate.  

On 9/9/2019 at 11:30 AM, Bobcat10 said:

I went to the website, signed in, and found the pages that has my sub info, the only upgrade I can find is adding to the number of devices (connections) for $3/per extra connection

https://imgur.com/9fleLcm

https://imgur.com/ewD3ARo

2 hours ago, Wingnut said:

I went to the website, signed in, and found the pages that has my sub info, the only upgrade I can find is adding to the number of devices (connections) for $3/per extra connection

https://imgur.com/9fleLcm

https://imgur.com/ewD3ARo

Yep, I just got another month for $7. I think if I let it lapse, I’ll be shut out (from SFU at least). Looks like they’ve removed everything besides live tv. I don’t see anything in the series section, as well as the guide and movies. 

11 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Yep, I just got another month for $7. I think if I let it lapse, I’ll be shut out (from SFU at least). Looks like they’ve removed everything besides live tv. I don’t see anything in the series section, as well as the guide and movies. 

Interesting. Admittedly I don’t use anything other than live TV anyway, but it’s good to know.

• Like 1

Anyone else experiencing no channels available on SFU right now?

16 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

It was working fine for me this morning.  I'll check it again after work.  

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this impacts SFU, but found this on Troy's site.

https://troypoint.com/xtream-codes-iptv/

Potential shutdown of an IPTV panel which helps various services manage workflows and customers.  This may have caused some IPTV services to shutdown.  I have not idea if SFU uses this panel, but could explain something.  Troy also goes on to explain that some services have redundancy plans.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

That's the main fear I have in all of this.  I don't want to continually be looking for new/different/better services.  That's how it was with the firestick freebies and it seems like the IPTV services are heading that same way now.  This is especially true if I'm also setting up my parents and others the same way.  

Edited by Bobcat10

How do I improve the buffering while watching sports on Kodi Solutions? Half the time it's unwatchable.

4 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Ok, it's down for me. Entire service. I tried to login on their site and it says they are down for maintenance. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Peak said:

Ok, it's down for me. Entire service. I tried to login on their site and it says they are down for maintenance. 

No bueno

9 hours ago, Osaurus said:

4 hours ago, Peak said:

3 hours ago, Osaurus said:

No bueno

Down here too. Mother frencher.

• Sad 1

Maybe one of you guys can help me out.  I use a firestick guess it would be 2nd generation because it does have the Alexa  feature.  Anyway the thing keeps crashing about every 2 hours today it's been every hour or less.  It just cashed again as I was typing this.  I have to reboot it to get it to start again.  Really annoying has anyone else experienced this and what can I do to fix it?

19 hours ago, Osaurus said:

They just sent me an invoice for next month. Glad I didn’t spring for the full year.

• Thinking 1

20 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

They just sent me an invoice for next month. Glad I didn’t spring for the full year.

I went $35 for 6 months which gets me to February. I imagine it will be up soon, but glad I didn’t commit to more than I did. I think I’ve already gotten $35 out of it.