What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrarium TV (1 Viewer)

Im not getting many RD links at all. Anyone else having an issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
With PS Vue going away having a hard time finding something that good.  Keep running into no fox sports local and local channels.

I was setup with antennas but with Vue didn't need them.

I think so. 👍
I installed the app on my FireTv, and installed a few of the Terrarium clones to see if I liked one better than the one Ive been using for a while (UnlockMyTV)...the UnlockMyTTV app (a bit different than the one Ive been using) is getting WAYYYYYYY more links and RD links (and is ad free like UMTV)...not sure why one works great and the other not so much...also, I really like the Cinema HD interface a little better than all the rest, and it seems to be faster and with more links, but I cant find an ad free version, and I cant stand all the ads in the app. So, its UnlockMyTTV for me for now for on demand stuff.

I installed the app on my FireTv, and installed a few of the Terrarium clones to see if I liked one better than the one Ive been using for a while (UnlockMyTV)...the UnlockMyTTV app (a bit different than the one Ive been using) is getting WAYYYYYYY more links and RD links (and is ad free like UMTV)...not sure why one works great and the other not so much...also, I really like the Cinema HD interface a little better than all the rest, and it seems to be faster and with more links, but I cant find an ad free version, and I cant stand all the ads in the app. So, its UnlockMyTTV for me for now for on demand stuff.
Have you used Cyberflix?  If so, how does it compare?  I've been using CF for awhile, but links are starting to dry up after their latest update.  Curious what other alternatives are out there and may give this a shot over the weekend.

Venom, on Kodi, is killer atm. 

tried Terrarium and Tea and the other FrankenAPKs, but, meh. 

great thing about Kodi now is that the craze has died down considerably ... less in the spotlight ... and less is always more. 

Have you used Cyberflix?  If so, how does it compare?  I've been using CF for awhile, but links are starting to dry up after their latest update.  Curious what other alternatives are out there and may give this a shot over the weekend.
What examples can you give that are drying up?  I'd like to poke around on there.  Usually I have no issues with CF.

What examples can you give that are drying up?  I'd like to poke around on there.  Usually I have no issues with CF.
Lately, the newer shows have very few links.  It used to load with plenty of links for 1080, 4k, a slew of 720 and simple HD.  This week, I've noticed the latest shows have no 4k, 3 links for 1080, about 8 720, and very few basic HD.  It's like night and day.  Also the time to load the links went from 2-3 seconds to 20 seconds.  Everything just seems off.

Watched The Good Place today over lunch.  Typically the streams kick off almost immediately and I'll have a link clicked and started within 10 seconds.  Today, it took 10 seconds to begin loading links.  I waited another 5 seconds to get a usable RD link that wasn't a basic HD link.  By the time I found the link and selected it, there were maybe 12 links on the screen.  Before the last update I would have about 3-4 scrolls of links to choose from.  Just odd.

Checked my internet speed, and everything is working fine.  Took CF off my VPN, but that didn't change anything.  Just weird.

Troypoint's current list of the best:

Equipment

My favorite streaming device is the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K due to its low price and ability to play all of the heavy formats including 4K. I have one of these hooked up in my living room, family room, and garage.

I also use Android TV Boxes in my office as well.

I have an old Windows 10 PC running Plex Media Server for torrent downloads, family movies and pictures.

I placed an RCA Compact Outdoor Yagi HDTV antenna in my attic so I can receive all of my local channels on each television in the house.

Services

IPVanish VPN - $4.87 I use this service to encrypt my connection to the Internet and mask my IP address so that I remain 100% anonymous while online. I also have IPVanish VPN running on my Plex Media Server as this is the machine that I download torrents on.

Real-Debrid - $4.41 As I've mentioned in many emails and posts in the past, I wouldn't bother streaming with any of these free addons or apps without this service. Real-Debrid provides better links to choose from when accessing on-demand content such as movies and TV Shows. When I say better links, this means higher quality and usually buffer-free playback.

Sportz TV IPTV - $9.95 This is my main service for live TV channels. They've got everything...I mean everything. This is cable/satellite service on steroids.

Sapphire Secure IPTV - $5.00 If you want near 100% reliability when using IPTV, its important to have an inexpensive backup and this is what I use for that. It is a great service and very inexpensive.

Some of you may comment that you shouldn't need to pay for anything to get movies, TV shows, and live channels.

My opinion is that cord-cutting doesn't mean everything is free. I'm still saving a ton of money and getting EVERYTHING that I want to watch with the above resources.

Yeah, you can definitely try doing all of this without the above services but you will spend more time and quality usually won't be as good.

The free IPTV apps/services aren't reliable and quality is usually horrible.

And, if you aren't using Real-Debrid you will pull your hair out trying to find a free link that doesn't buffer.

Applications & Addons

This changes from time to time but as of 1/24/20 this is what I have installed on all of my streaming devices.

When referencing apps and addons below, it goes without saying that I am pairing my Real-Debrid service with them for more buffer-free quality links.

TROYPOINT App with Rapid App Installer (this will allow you to quickly install all of the applications outline below plus many more)

The TROYPOINT App is only for subscribers like you. This is not available to the public.

IPVanish VPN (used in conjunction with IPVanish service mentioned above)

Kodi

The Crew Kodi Addon

Xanax Kodi Build APK (this provides many of the popular Kodi addons inside another fork of Kodi. I also install Kodi by itself with only the Crew Kodi Addon which I list above)

Plex Client App (used in conjunction with Plex Media Server mentioned above)

CyberFlix TV

Cinema HD

Sportz TV (used in conjunction with Sportz TV IPTV service mentioned above)

Sapphire Secure (used in conjunction with Sapphire Secure IPTV service mentioned above)

I've found myself downloading through Torrents onto my Plex Media Server quite often lately as I want high quality video/audio with no buffering when playing back. We will be diving into this much more in the weeks and months to come.

Playing with Venom now. Meh
are you using RD?  

i am still running Krypton (17.6), and i have had zero issues to speak of ... clean, quick scrapes - tons of 1080 offerings, along with a smattering of 4k.

dev is constantly on the upkeep - it is the most maintained addon i've yet to see. 

otb_lifer said:
are you using RD?  

i am still running Krypton (17.6), and i have had zero issues to speak of ... clean, quick scrapes - tons of 1080 offerings, along with a smattering of 4k.

dev is constantly on the upkeep - it is the most maintained addon i've yet to see. 
I am not

well ... there ya go. 

the way the scrapers/resolvers are operating make it a necessity on the platform. 

mere pittance to ensure premium quality ... i've been down this road plenty of times in these threads, if one chooses to eschew it's tremendous advantages, so be it. 

happy streaming 📺

well ... there ya go. 

the way the scrapers/resolvers are operating make it a necessity on the platform. 

mere pittance to ensure premium quality ... i've been down this road plenty of times in these threads, if one chooses to eschew it's tremendous advantages, so be it. 

happy streaming 📺
Don’t get me wrong. It was working fine. No buffering and plenty of instances of everything sans RD. I just prefer using SFU more and I guess I’m used to it. I can get everything in Venom other ways. 

Had a few movies I was wanting to watch. Was getting frustrated with a lack of options showing up on Cinema.... even with real debrid. 

Loaded Kodi : Seren which is RD only. No luck. 

Loaded Kodi : Venom w RD added... Tons of options 1080, 720, etc 

Im sold on Kodi Venom with RD as a perfect backup to Cinema HD w RD

Had a few movies I was wanting to watch. Was getting frustrated with a lack of options showing up on Cinema.... even with real debrid. 

Just tried Kodi with Venom per your post. Searched for an old movie from the 80s I can't find links for on Cinema/Cineflix/UnlockMyTV. Got quite a few links and it played flawlessly. 

Good call.

Looks like I'm headed back to Kodi after many years. 

Looks like I'm headed back to Kodi after many years. 
I'm keeping both. Cinema Is superior UX for the GF for daily watching, but it's slipping a bit for me.

It seems like Kodi is a great fall back when Cinema fails us, but Cinema is still gonna be our primary. 

I'm keeping both. Cinema Is superior UX for the GF for daily watching, but it's slipping a bit for me.

It seems like Kodi is a great fall back when Cinema fails us, but Cinema is still gonna be our primary. 
Try the Unlock MyTTV app in place of Cinema. Same interface. With RD it's the best ad free movie/TV show on demand app right now IMO (based on my installing and trying most of the ones in the Troypoint quick install app)

The one thing I've always hated about Kodi is the inability to fast forward to a particular time in a show, or jump ahead or back 30 seconds, they never worked when I had Kodi. Also, navigating inside Kodi was annoying (fire up Kodi, open add on, go to movies, then a sub menu or search or whatever...too many steps), as was the fact that voice search with my Fire TV remote doesnt work inside Kodi. Apps like Cinema, Cyberflix, etc don't have those issues. 

Try the Unlock MyTTV app in place of Cinema. Same interface. With RD it's the best ad free movie/TV show on demand app right now IMO (based on my installing and trying most of the ones in the Troypoint quick install app)

The one thing I've always hated about Kodi is the inability to fast forward to a particular time in a show, or jump ahead or back 30 seconds, they never worked when I had Kodi. Also, navigating inside Kodi was annoying (fire up Kodi, open add on, go to movies, then a sub menu or search or whatever...too many steps), as was the fact that voice search with my Fire TV remote doesnt work inside Kodi. Apps like Cinema, Cyberflix, etc don't have those issues. 
I agree 100% on all the interface issues with Kodi. UX is just garbage compared to the terrarium clones. 

that said there's no denying there is a LOT more content than on cinema. I'll give MyTTV app a shot, thanks. 

never had a problem with ff or rew on kodi ... simply highlight bottom screen space bar, and use my cursor (same as my laptop)  :shrug:

I agree 100% on all the interface issues with Kodi. UX is just garbage compared to the terrarium clones. 

that said there's no denying there is a LOT more content than on cinema. I'll give MyTTV app a shot, thanks. 
the clones are hardly ever properly maintained or updated ... scrapes will begin to dwindle, quality will suffer - i tried them for a bit, just found the lack of upkeep frustrating - then they go totally belly up. 

as far as content, yeah ... it really is not even close - wish i could grab all the film nerds up on this forum and shake some sense into 'em ... the ability to bring movies up from as far back as the 1920s is incredible ... but they'll keep searching the YouToobz, or paying their Amazon Prime or Netflix or Hulu, and striking out.  

since i got on Venom (back around Thanksgiving), i've been back on a serious movie bender - reaching back for the classics/newer releases i missed, or rewatching the ones i love, has been seamless - also blew through "Stranger Things", "Chernobyl", "Euphoria", "Peaky Binders" ... all in glorious 1080 torrent rip brilliance.

again, can't say enough about the dev's dedication to upkeep and maintenance ... i'm getting amazing results, even on 17.6

i see you mentioned Seren yesterday ... i tried it when it was hot, back 'round a year ago - didn't care for the clunky scrapes, (downloading their resolvers was a bridge too far) or torrent seeds. 

the other current hot one, GAIA, gets plenty of praise, but i've yet to find a need for it, what with Venom kicking so much ### ... was on YODA prior to, but it was never properly updated, and faded fast ... which is why i appreciate Venom so much - 

never had a problem with ff or rew on kodi ... simply highlight bottom screen space bar, and use my cursor (same as my laptop)  :shrug:

the clones are hardly ever properly maintained or updated ... scrapes will begin to dwindle, quality will suffer - i tried them for a bit, just found the lack of upkeep frustrating - then they go totally belly up. 
I've never seen FF or REW work in Kodi, on my system or at any of my friends' places, but I've never seen Kodi ran on a computer, maybe it's different. 

I've never had a prob with clone apps...I've used a total of maybe 3 in the past year and a half. The Troypoint app makes it so quick and easy to update or install with a single click.

I've never seen FF or REW work in Kodi, on my system or at any of my friends' places, but I've never seen Kodi ran on a computer, maybe it's different. 

I've never had a prob with clone apps...I've used a total of maybe 3 in the past year and a half. The Troypoint app makes it so quick and easy to update or install with a single click.
The clone apps are great for movies and shows that are a year or so old. Can probably go a little older for super popular movies/shows like the Marvel universe, etc. Still getting good links for them. As soon as you want to go back longer than that, or the movie/show isn't quite as popular, the pickings get slim.

nah, i meant it works on my tv same as my laptop ... i can rew or ff with ease on kodi with both. 

i tried Tea, Terrarium ... and some other facacta app ... found that quite a bit of their purported 1080 links were anything but ... pretty dodgy. 

they had decent content, but it felt chintzy and cheap - never really pulled consistent quality, even with RD/Premiumize.

limited scope in how far one can reach back, as well. 

A heads up - most likely tomorrow you will lose your US locals.  Most places were getting them thru Sony Vue and they are all done tomorrow.   One of my services said they are hoping to have some up and running Monday (SportzPrime).  Sucks as they had almost 700 local channels.  

A heads up - most likely tomorrow you will lose your US locals.  Most places were getting them thru Sony Vue and they are all done tomorrow.   One of my services said they are hoping to have some up and running Monday (SportzPrime).  Sucks as they had almost 700 local channels.  
Like a fair warning?

Still using Cinema without RD.  I have no issue seeing all the new shows and movies.

I don't really demand 1080p though and not getting old stuff back to the 1920s is a good point.

Still using Cinema without RD.  I have no issue seeing all the new shows and movies.

I don't really demand 1080p though and not getting old stuff back to the 1920s is a good point.
when i'm gonna be streaming shows such as GoT or ST or Vikings, e.g., damn straight i demand 1080p, and the best possible sound - productions of that ilk are crafted to be experienced ala sitting in a theater ... i have no time for fishbowl/gauze feeds up on my screen, nor gargled  cacophony out my sound system ... so, yeah, #### me - i demand top notch scrapes in those cases. 

but shows like Veep or Curb?  no, not necessarily clamoring for "1080 OR DEATH!!!1!111!" - not many effects to be bothered with in those particular instances ... lest one really needs to see L.D.'s balls twisting in his jockeys  :shrug:

as far as reaching back, there are any number of movie threads up on here, and the common theme is 'availability', or lack thereof ... if that cabal were on a platform like Venom they could all circle jerk around pretty much any film they desired, rather than bemoaning the scarcity of viewing options at their current disposal. 

in short, if one can push the streaming advantage to it's apex, why not?  if i'm gonna make the effort, im'ma be going the full nine. 

Locals still working on SFU.

I have 3 of them and they are all working.  I wonder if they are working at 12:01 tomorrow (hope so).  One I use is SportzPrime and they have almost 700 locals.  The message I relayed was from the owner.
SportzPrime took their 700 locals down but found a different source and there are 200 locals.  Hopefully the others will have the same success.

Kodi Solutions still has some Network feeds but never had tons of locals options.. only a couple of each network. 

Cinema TV even with RD Continues to get weaker and weaker with options available. We find ourselves using Venom much more often to get a decent (or often, any) feed. 

That sucks because Venom is SOOOOO much slower and more clunky, compared to Terrarium clones. May try to reinstall/update Cinema sometime soon to see if it helps, but not optimistic. 

Kodi Solutions still has some Network feeds but never had tons of locals options.. only a couple of each network. 

Cinema TV even with RD Continues to get weaker and weaker with options available. We find ourselves using Venom much more often to get a decent (or often, any) feed. 

That sucks because Venom is SOOOOO much slower and more clunky, compared to Terrarium clones. May try to reinstall/update Cinema sometime soon to see if it helps, but not optimistic. 
This is my exact experience as well. I still primarily use Cinema, because Kodi is so slooooooooow. 

Catmouse works pretty good.
THIS. 

couldn't get a Kodi scrape of "McMillions" e2 on Saturday, so went to the apks ... Catmouse is THE new clone, same layout/interface as Terrarium.

two minute installation, aaaaand - WALA!

didn't wanna bother with the RD install for just one episode, but still popped a very respectable 720p sans Deb.  immediately uninstalled after it served it's purpose ... a lil' of the ol' in n' out, as it were. 

if one is gonna eschew Kodi, then this Catmouse gig is the route to go. 

I've been using Cyberflix and haven't had any issues as of late.  They put out a new update a little while ago, and links are coming in fine, with multiple choices when using RD.  I haven't had a need to use Kodi in a long, long time.

This is my exact experience as well. I still primarily use Cinema, because Kodi is so slooooooooow. 

Haven't been on the Firestick lately but hate hearing this. 

THIS. 

couldn't get a Kodi scrape of "McMillions" e2 on Saturday, so went to the apks ... Catmouse is THE new clone, same layout/interface as Terrarium.

two minute installation, aaaaand - WALA!

didn't wanna bother with the RD install for just one episode, but still popped a very respectable 720p sans Deb.  immediately uninstalled after it served it's purpose ... a lil' of the ol' in n' out, as it were. 

if one is gonna eschew Kodi, then this Catmouse gig is the route to go. 

I've been using Cyberflix and haven't had any issues as of late.  They put out a new update a little while ago, and links are coming in fine, with multiple choices when using RD.  I haven't had a need to use Kodi in a long, long time.
Cinema new release 2.1.7 has plenty of free sources once again.

Cinema new release 2.1.7 has plenty of free sources once again.
Heard about that yesterday.  I tried Cinema out awhile back, but didn't like all the ads.  Is there an adfree version to try?  I like Cyberflix, but it's always good to have a backup.

Heard about that yesterday.  I tried Cinema out awhile back, but didn't like all the ads.  Is there an adfree version to try?  I like Cyberflix, but it's always good to have a backup.
The version I had didn't have adds.  The update brought them back.  I'm sure there is somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread