What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrarium TV (1 Viewer)

question on this TerraFirmaAquarium ... does one need VPN to access said goodies?  'cause VPN is a no-go for me - if one is not needed, cool. 

thanks, i'll hang up and listen

:popcorn:

Yeah, this is nice.  It's a little slow on my Fire Stick - not the actual playback, but moving through the menus.  Maybe that's just because it's an old 1st gen Fire Stick?

Anyway, then I realized that I can put it on my phone and cast it.  Works much more smoothly that way for me, plus now it's on my phone in case of emergency.  :)

jhib said:
Yeah, this is nice.  It's a little slow on my Fire Stick - not the actual playback, but moving through the menus.  Maybe that's just because it's an old 1st gen Fire Stick?

Anyway, then I realized that I can put it on my phone and cast it.  Works much more smoothly that way for me, plus now it's on my phone in case of emergency.  :)
Does this work on iOS? If so, anyone able to point me in the right direction? 

just installed it and tried to click on a 2014 movie (John Wick) to test it out - the first three links I clicked on all gave me a "could not find download history blah blah blah" for the movie and it wouldn't play. Is that just bad luck and all the other ones are awesome? Or should I put my RD info in there to make it easier? If the latter, how do I do that?

just installed it and tried to click on a 2014 movie (John Wick) to test it out - the first three links I clicked on all gave me a "could not find download history blah blah blah" for the movie and it wouldn't play. Is that just bad luck and all the other ones are awesome? Or should I put my RD info in there to make it easier? If the latter, how do I do that?
I never got an error message since using it.   Try something different.

I've tried multiple different movies or shows, and all I get is this:

MX Player Pro - The purchase history of this product cannot be found. Please check the internet connection of and try again. Press the button below to open the product purchase page.

I have solid internet so that's not it. If I click on the button then my Fire TV asks me if it's ok to open up a browser to some site where they have the movie for purchase, I'd guess.

Did I install the wrong MX player?

MX Player Pro - The purchase history of this product cannot be found. Please check the internet connection of and try again. Press the button below to open the product purchase page.

I have solid internet so that's not it. If I click on the button then my Fire TV asks me if it's ok to open up a browser to some site where they have the movie for purchase, I'd guess.

http://www.docsquiffy.com/download-mx-player-pro/

This is the one I installed and from this location.   I have no idea about the purchase history thing.   Make sure you make it the default player. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I try and reinstall mine.I am still having buffering issues. Makes it unwatchable.I did not download the MX player is that the problem?

use the player that's in beta, not sure what it's called.  might have some codec/sound issues here and there, just try to stick with the google links

MX player not compatible on Fire TV. I'm using ExoPlayer beta that I guess is built into the Terrarium apk

culdeus said:
Let me break it down to you this way.  Say it's 1950 and I tell you I have a magic antenna that can broadcast 200 channels coast to coast to any house at any time.   Hell, you can put it at any house on the planet if you so choose.  Use ad support to pay for the infrastructure and you'll make ROI.    

Anyone with any content at all would jump at the chance to get that out there.  Today they can, yet they aren't, and the practice of streaming remains totally and completely legal.  You need to start asking why.  

MPAA had a chance, and chose not to force jurisdiction on streaming.  So people came up with methods to streamline the magic antennas.  And here we are.  
Whether it's legal or not depends on the source of the content (the viewer is not doing anything illegal unless they are recording it).

If we're going to present analogies (like "say it's 1950), if someone were to take a DVD of The Force Awakens and play it in their home, they are fully licensed and legal. But if they take that same DVD and play it in their business for their customers to see, they are now making a public performance of which they're not licensed to do, and are thus doing something illegal. Their customers watching it aren't, but what they're watching is being provided to them illegally. This is because most content in 2017 (this isn't 1950 anymore) is licensed for specific types of viewing, like a DVD you buy at the store only being licensed for home use. 

So are viewers of Kodi and Terrarium doing something illegal. No. But are they watching something provided illegally? Maybe. It depends on whether the person providing the stream is licensed to provide the stream to you the viewer.

There isn't some law that makes everything streamed legal. As for jurisdiction, whether the MPAA has jurisdiction to enforce their rights depends on where the source of the stream is. If it's in another country, then it depends on whether that country wants to let MPAA have jurisdiction or not. Most won't. 

So, since it's not illegal to watch it, no problem, right? Well not so fast. The same company providing you internet service for you to stream from Kodi and Terrarium has likely paid for the rights to stream the content that you are now watching for free on Kodi and Terrarium instead of buying their streaming services. While this doesn't present a legal situation for you, it puts you on their #### list. They'll #### with you every chance they get. 

jhib said:

Tried it on my 1st Gen Fire Stick and got the same slowness.

Video playback was fine but the audio was off by about 3-5 seconds. Is this what the Real debrid thing is for? Or is there another solution?

The solution is to pick up a gen 2 Firestick on EBay for around $40. Like night and day. Or a gen 2 Fire TV box if you want really really fast.

culdeus said:
Let me break it down to you this way.  Say it's 1950 and I tell you I have a magic antenna that can broadcast 200 channels coast to coast to any house at any time.   Hell, you can put it at any house on the planet if you so choose.  Use ad support to pay for the infrastructure and you'll make ROI.    

Anyone with any content at all would jump at the chance to get that out there.  Today they can, yet they aren't, and the practice of streaming remains totally and completely legal.  You need to start asking why.  

MPAA had a chance, and chose not to force jurisdiction on streaming.  So people came up with methods to streamline the magic antennas.  And here we are.  
The cable companies continued and still continue to try and force you to use the old technology by either having a satellite dish attached to your house or sending you cable tv from their satellite by cable.  In reality satellite and cable technology has been outdated for over a decade ever since internet speeds reach streaming capabilities.  

I could care less about stealing stuff, but the convenience of having a full library of movies one button press away.  I would willing pay $5 per movie to watch but I hate having to locate a particular movie and try to see if it at a local Redbox or maybe online on Amazon Prime or maybe on HBO or maybe in Netflix or Hulu.  I don't watch many movies and I certainly don't plan them out days in advance.  I just want to sit down in front of my 120 inch screen and pick a movie I am in the mood for when I have some free time.  Kodi was not all that user friendly and required periodic updates.  This is about the Utopia of movie watching experience.  Easy and fast and complete access and high quality.  Actually would have been cheaper for me to rent the movies with the few movies I do watch. 
look at me

The solution is to pick up a gen 2 Firestick on EBay for around $40. Like night and day. Or a gen 2 Fire TV box if you want really really fast.
That's basically what I was planning to do, but buying a new one on Amazon for $40 and selling my old one on eBay for about $30.  But then I liked casting it better from my phone to chromecast anyway, since I can do all the menu and search stuff looking at my phone (only the video itself casts).  

gen2 firsticks going for $20 blackfriday
Ok, then I might as well still go with the plan to sell the old one on eBay and pick up a new one.   :thumbup:

Actually they're going for $40 right now on Amazon too...I don't even need one but I'll pick one up if they're  $20 on black Friday for traveling 

Hate to be a buzzkill here. It’s ILLEGAL to pirate content. If you think you’re taking the high road by not enriching leftist hollywood goons by not paying for their content, you are stealing from them using the service to watch their product.

Hate to be a buzzkill here. It’s ILLEGAL to pirate content. If you think you’re taking the high road by not enriching leftist hollywood goons by not paying for their content, you are stealing from them using the service to watch their product.
Do you drive over the speed limit?

it's the satellte/cable cabal that nudge us freeloaders out to the fringes. and so we go. and we adapt. and we thrive. and we pocket coin. the providers who drove us here can go take a flyin' fiddler's #### for all i care - that's right, and kiss my Guinea/Mick ### while you're at it. 

... and, yet - i'd come back. would bury the hatchet.  break bread. smoke 'em peace pipe - if they'd just work out some kinda a la carte plan where i only pay for what i watch - not bending me over sans KY every ####### month for 563 channels full of absolute #### that i would never tune into. enough. no more of that noise. 

they need to be creative in their approach to fleecing us - hell, wine me and dine me beforehand - toss me a ####### bone, gimme some choices - and i'm not talkin' about their "Gold" "Silver" "Aluminum" and "Tinfoil" tiers of packages ... no, i want to be metered like my electric and gas and water ... I PAY FOR WHAT I USE, NOT FOR THEIR FACACTA CONVENIENCE. 

cable's not on? "OK, Charlie, no pay when you no play"

if enough people jump ship, so much so that the cord cutters actually get a sit on Capitol Hill? well, then that's the end game.  sick of this ####. 

in the interim - free is for me. 

:no:

Except if you are streaming you don't actually take possession of anything (the file) so you can't say it's copyright infringement. 

it's the satellte/cable cabal that nudge us freeloaders out to the fringes. and so we go. and we adapt. and we thrive. and we pocket coin. the providers who drove us here can go take a flyin' fiddler's #### for all i care - that's right, and kiss my Guinea/Mick ### while you're at it. 

... and, yet - i'd come back. would bury the hatchet.  break bread. smoke 'em peace pipe - if they'd just work out some kinda a la carte plan where i only pay for what i watch - not bending me over sans KY every ####### month for 563 channels full of absolute #### that i would never tune into. enough. no more of that noise. 

they need to be creative in their approach to fleecing us - hell, wine me and dine me beforehand - toss me a ####### bone, gimme some choices - and i'm not talkin' about their "Gold" "Silver" "Aluminum" and "Tinfoil" tiers of packages ... no, i want to be metered like my electric and gas and water ... I PAY FOR WHAT I USE, NOT FOR THEIR FACACTA CONVENIENCE. 

cable's not on? "OK, Charlie, no pay when you no play"

if enough people jump ship, so much so that the cord cutters actually get a sit on Capitol Hill? well, then that's the end game.  sick of this ####. 

in the interim - free is for me. 
:goodposting:   Even with the new streaming services you're forced to pay for channels you don't watch.  If someone come out with a pay for only what you watch at reasonable prices I'd be all over it.  

You've got money to burn if you're willing to pay for HBO for just GOT, Showtime for just Shameless and a block of crappy cable channels just to watch TWD.

That being said,

The new streaming services>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>comcast & directv

If the movie's under copyright and you didn't pay to stream or download it, you're probably an accessory to copyright violation.   :shrug:

I feel better every day about it. Thanks, though. 

Users who are viewing this thread