What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Historical Data based off of Weather (1 Viewer)

Stiffyslap

Footballguy
With the many games this weekend forecasting rain, some even heavy rain and 20+ mph winds (philly), I wonder where I can find info about historical data for players in crappy weather. For example, In these games, Carson Wentz had this % of completions in poor weather, what was the run/pass play %, etc. Anyone know if this content is covered under this website, or should I be looking elsewhere for this data? 

With the many games this weekend forecasting rain, some even heavy rain and 20+ mph winds (philly), I wonder where I can find info about historical data for players in crappy weather. For example, In these games, Carson Wentz had this % of completions in poor weather, what was the run/pass play %, etc. Anyone know if this content is covered under this website, or should I be looking elsewhere for this data? 
Not all weather is created equal.  Rain and snow if not too extreme can favor the passing game, wind kills it.  Furthermore, weather can change during a game.  I doubt you'll find anything useful out there.    

Yeah, not sure how specific you will find.  Like BnB said, one podcast I was listening said that it's the wind, and specifically gusts, that you want to look out for - effects kicking and deep passes.   Also said rain could favor passing game b/c if defenders fall down it can turn to home run plays.  Fumbles probably aren't as huge of an issue anymore with all the sticky gloves too. 

Right now NE, TB, Jets, and Wash I see gusts in the forecast, and Philly and Jets are the 2 that I see with the possibility for the heavy rain right now.  So 5 of 10 games we should look at tomorrow morning.  Not sure if we want to fade those games, pivot to others like Seat/TB or Oak/Buff, focus more on the running game in those ones, or a mix of those. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d love to know how wind, precipitation, and temperature (separately or synergistically) affect completion percentage, yards per attempt, and interceptions per attempt, as well as field goal percentage and the ratio of field goals to touchdowns.

I have no idea where to look.

Users who are viewing this thread