What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hello group....my name is Opie... (2 Viewers)

Opie

Footballguy
...and I have a monkey on my back!.

When life gets me down and things just aren't going the best, I find myself going to YouTube and watching videos from November 8 & 9, 2016

When I do this, and I seen people such as, the Young Turks, Rachel Maddow and the entire ensemble of MSNBC personalities, along with those from the rest of the MSM making smug predictions on the evening of November 8l then observing the change in their faces throughout the night...it just makes me....smile.

Then, to top it all off, I watch videos containing screaming and crying SJW's, I get happy....and I mean...HAPPY!  THEN...I find out that YouTube will be restocked with MORE crying and screaming on the anniversary of the election, it fills me with anticipation....just like Xmas when I was a kid!

I just cannot imaging what it would be like if I were to be able to watch videos of Hillary and the Obama administration on trial!  I may lose it!

Anyway...I was just wondering if I was alone, or are there others who share in my secret shame?

Oh yeah....I am totally serious.  It gives me GREAT pleasure to watch these videos.  I have like videos in the past and have revisited them from time to time but THIS is unusual...even for me!  A year!  And entire YEAR and I still  feel soo happy watching these.  EVen happier than when I watch past Steeler Superbowl victories.  

No...not a bad day today but for some reason I found myself watching the MSM meltdown for no reason.

I turn the channel over to the Today show and verify once again, that in their "lead in"...there is not a single mention the dossier or Uranium 1...not a word.  I was wondering if they'll mention it...ever.

I don't know....it makes me happy to watch these videos, nobody has forbidden it...yet, and it doesn't hurt anyone so...I'll keep doing it.

Will this "glow" ever fade?  Do I need professional help in dealing with my joy?. 

Yes, you do need help. It is abnormal and unhealthy behavior. I sometimes go back and watch highlights of the Pistons winning the NBA title because it brings back good memories. I never go back and watch reactions from the Lakers and their fans to bask in their defeat. Now consider we are talking about our government and not sports, it makes it even more disturbed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's weird that Opie picks today to have a little fit. What would be happening today? Not quite sure.
"A little fit"    :confused:

Are you referring to Manafort?

Is this being considered a "win" for someone or a "loss" for someone else (other than Manafort?)?

An entire year of investigating Trump and the handcuffs go on THIS guy?  ...and for what?

Ok....savor the victory!

Maybe you'll watch it over and over again on YouTube!

Are you referring to Manafort? He was

Is this being considered a "win" for someone or a "loss" for someone else (other than Manafort?)?  Definitely an L for Manafort. Not good for anyone in the Trump campaign since he was the campaign manager. 

An entire year of investigating Trump and the handcuffs go on THIS guy?  ...and for what? Money laundering, lying about a foreign bank account and conspiracy against the United States. The full indictment is in the Trump thread. It includes him trying to cover all of this up through 2017.

Ok....savor the victory!  There is a difference between a political victory and a potential victory for justice. There is a lot of evidence here that he received $75 million from  Pro-Putin Ukrainian officials to secretly lobby, laundered the money, hid evidence from the government, etc. It's not an R vs D thing, this guy is a criminal and a traitor. 

Opie, I thought you were about to make a big break through but it's obvious you aren't ready yet.

I hope you enjoy watching your videos. Maybe enjoy some of the classics as well today - Bill Clinton videos, mix in some Pizzagate, and of course the go to, Hillary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is this being considered a "win" for someone or a "loss" for someone else (other than Manafort?)?

An entire year of investigating Trump and the handcuffs go on THIS guy?  ...and for what?

Ok....savor the victory!

Tip. Of. The. Iceberg 

Ok....savor the victory!

"So they arrested this James McCord guy, so what? Some penny ante burglar? Who cares?"

If you start with the little fish, and Mueller is starting with the former campaign manager.....well............Maybe there's a YouTube clip that can explain it better!

Oh yeah....I am totally serious.  It gives me GREAT pleasure to watch these videos.  I have like videos in the past and have revisited them from time to time but THIS is unusual...even for me!  A year!  And entire YEAR and I still  feel soo happy watching these.  EVen happier than when I watch past Steeler Superbowl victories.  
I think there is some truth to this in politics today. And I see it on both sides frequently. I guess the desire has always been there but with the internet, the ability to now mock and try to revel in someone on the "other" side's negative reaction is fascinating. 

You see it in sports where there are some fans who'd rather post a picture of the other team's fans crying or doing the sad cobra pose instead of celebrating the positive side of their team's reactions. 

In politics it becomes reveling in the "other" sides displeasure over whatever one can find.

Both have the same result of making the "other" side hate you more than they already do.

Which seems like a bigger deal when it's Republicans and Democrats hating each other than it does when it's Michigan and Ohio State fans hating each other. 

For the political stuff, I'd hope we can do less of that. 

When life gets me down and things just aren't going the best, I find myself going to YouTube and watching videos from November 8 & 9, 2016

When I do this, and I seen people such as, the Young Turks, Rachel Maddow and the entire ensemble of MSNBC personalities, along with those from the rest of the MSM making smug predictions on the evening of November 8l then observing the change in their faces throughout the night...it just makes me....smile.

Then, to top it all off, I watch videos containing screaming and crying SJW's, I get happy....and I mean...HAPPY!  THEN...I find out that YouTube will be restocked with MORE crying and screaming on the anniversary of the election, it fills me with anticipation....just like Xmas when I was a kid!

I just cannot imaging what it would be like if I were to be able to watch videos of Hillary and the Obama administration on trial!  I may lose it!

Anyway...I was just wondering if I was alone, or are there others who share in my secret shame?
No.  This was arguably one of the greatest nights in American History. It was a revolution without firing a shot and what makes America Great.  Hopefully, the news stations (fake and real) can broadcast 11/8/16 as it unfolded on the one year anniversary.  I was up all night that night savoring a great victory for We The People.  

I think there is some truth to this in politics today. And I see it on both sides frequently. I guess the desire has always been there but with the internet, the ability to now mock and try to revel in someone on the "other" side's negative reaction is fascinating. 

You see it in sports where there are some fans who'd rather post a picture of the other team's fans crying or doing the sad cobra pose instead of celebrating the positive side of their team's reactions. 

In politics it becomes reveling in the "other" sides displeasure over whatever one can find.

Both have the same result of making the "other" side hate you more than they already do.

Which seems like a bigger deal when it's Republicans and Democrats hating each other than it does when it's Michigan and Ohio State fans hating each other. 

“Opie” the alias posts on the day the Trump’s former campaign manager gets indicted some obvious troll crap. 

It doesnt deserve any thought really, it was a weak joke.

I think it speaks volumes about someone's character and motives if they spend more time on this kind of taunting of the other side, than things that really matter like ethics, transparency and competence in our elected leaders. It's perplexing and sad that a Trump supporter would pick today of all days to relive a victory lap from a year ago when your guy has proven to be an utter disaster in the interim period. If/when he finally resigns or is removed from office, my first reaction will be overwhelming relief, not a desire to rub Trump supporters' noses in it. On some level most of them already know they made a huge mistake supporting him.

I agree it says a lot about the people doing this. But unfortunately, it's tons of people. 

I'd hope Sootch that people would feel relief when something they want to happen happens but I think the last 12 months have shown otherwise. Hoping for better. We'll see.

Could you unpack this a bit?  It's such an odd way to make your choice for President.  It's just such an odd viewpoint.

A little context to this conversation - The president of the freaking country is a bigger troll than the most trolliest of all alias this place has ever seen.

Just read his daily twitter rants or as he puts it “the way he communicates with the people”.

Anyone care to argue that? 

A little context to this conversation - The president of the freaking country is a bigger troll than the most trolliest of all alias this place has ever seen.

Just read his daily twitter rants or as he puts it “the way he communicates with the people”.

I mean he is embarrassing but it comes down to what you accomplish in office.   Whoever is in power will lose because neither side gets anything productive done.    

Well, in his defense he has never once used a rolling smiley to mock people.

Compromise is not happening with this little child in charge. Was painfully obvious I thought for the 12 months he was campaigning and of course his whole attention craving life. 

While campaiging he didn’t exactly try and hide it or when he did it was laughably dumb. “I’ll be the most presidential president except maybe Lincoln”.
Neither side compromises because it benefits them. 

I find it disgusting and extremely sad that politics are like sports where we have two sides trying to be the winner instead of everyone working together to make our country better.  Sometimes I wish we could just wipe it all out and start with a clean slate of people in our government.

If anyone is happy because their side won and the other lost they need to rethink things.  Shouldn't it be about what's best for our country and not sticking it to the other side?

Hawkeye21 said:
I find it disgusting and extremely sad that politics are like sports where we have two sides trying to be the winner instead of everyone working together to make our country better.  Sometimes I wish we could just wipe it all out and start with a clean slate of people in our government.

If anyone is happy because their side won and the other lost they need to rethink things.  Shouldn't it be about what's best for our country and not sticking it to the other side?
The other side is always going to try and win.

But, yes this has gotten out of hand. Hopefully the next president’s entire goal in life won’t be to troll and talk about their hurt feelings.

The other side is always going to try and win.

But, yes this has gotten out of hand. Hopefully the next president’s entire goal in life won’t be to troll and talk about their hurt feelings.
The fact that there are sides/parties.  Too many people are loyal to their party and not what's best for America.  Both parties drive me crazy right now.

No.  This was arguably one of the greatest nights in American History. It was a revolution without firing a shot and what makes America Great.  Hopefully, the news stations (fake and real) can broadcast 11/8/16 as it unfolded on the one year anniversary.  I was up all night that night savoring a great victory for We The People.  

See, these are the people that I worry will go nutzo and form a militia or something when Trump is impeached. They don't believe anything they don't like in the media, so when it happens it will be like their victory was suddenly taken from them, rather than a slow decent into realization that they made a huge mistake at the polls voting for Trump. This could get ugly

See, these are the people that I worry will go nutzo and form a militia or something when Trump is impeached. They don't believe anything they don't like in the media, so when it happens it will be like their victory was suddenly taken from them, rather than a slow decent into realization that they made a huge mistake at the polls voting for Trump. This could get ugly
Are you saying that most of the irrational Trump supporters are the same people who love their guns more than anything?

Are you saying that most of the irrational Trump supporters are the same people who love their guns more than anything?

I'm only saying that if it doesn't offend anyone. If its offensive and isn't "excellent"...then I'm only heavily implying it. 

I found the Young Turks "meltdown" video interesting.  Once defeated they appeared to accept some of the things they previously didn't.  What the DNC did to Bernie was a huge deal for a lot of people.  The DNC lost that election more than Trump won it.   The left leaning media drove the whole "Hilary has this locked up" narrative and they finally realized they were pushing the agenda and not seeing the big picture. 

He's not getting impeached. 

Users who are viewing this thread