What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hello group....my name is Opie... (1 Viewer)

Their entrenched party before country mentality is part of the problem.  If you can’t see that then there is no reasoning with you.  
So it’s party over country and not the length of time?

Have any specifics where they have our party over country?

Also the claim was about trump draining the swamp...and Pelosi and Schumer are still there.  They were brought up to deflect from me saying Trump and McConnell are examples of the swamp.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So it’s party over country and not the length of time?

Have any specifics where they have our party over country?

Also the claim was about trump draining the swamp...and Pelosi and Schumer are still there.  They were brought up to deflect from me saying Trump and McConnell are examples of the swamp.  
I disagree with your claim

Before I agree or disagree with this statement, I need to know what exactly “the problem” is. Can you define it? 
Gridlock. Not getting anything accomplished.   Years and years of fixing blame instead of fixing problems. Beholden to lobbyists and big donors. Getting rich from being a Senator or Representative.  More focused on Washington wheeling and dealing than your constituents.  

Gridlock. Not getting anything accomplished.   Years and years of fixing blame instead of fixing problems. Beholden to lobbyists and big donors. Getting rich from being a Senator or Representative.  More focused on Washington wheeling and dealing than your constituents.  

Trump has been in Washington for two years, but he’s the swamp.  It’s such a blatant falsehood.  
A. Again stop with the blatant falsehoods thing. It’s pure trolling and you know it.

B.  Trump has been in politics for a while in one way or another.  I’ve bolded the things you claim is the problem that he is guilty of (just substitute POTUS for senate or representative)....so how is he not the swamp/the problem?

I guess it depends on what you want to get accomplished, and what problems you want to have fixed.  Based on what you’ve written in the past, I would honestly rather have gridlock than allow you to have your way on several issues. 

A. Again stop with the blatant falsehoods thing. It’s pure trolling and you know it.

B.  Trump has been in politics for a while in one way or another.  I’ve bolded the things you claim is the problem that he is guilty of (just substitute POTUS for senate or representative)....so how is he not the swamp/the problem?
I don’t know why I bother...but he is the first true outsider to come to Washington in decades. 

Look at how the establishment (akaThe Swamp) has circled the wagons to fight back. This includes the press, influence peddlers, lifetime left wing judges, career bureaucrats and politicians. 

Blatant falsehood is not trolling.  It means it's a blatant lack of truth.  Thanks

I don’t know why I bother...but he is the first true outsider to come to Washington in decades. 

Look at how the establishment (akaThe Swamp) has circled the wagons to fight back. This includes the press, influence peddlers, lifetime left wing judges, career bureaucrats and politicians. 
But he has been connected to Washington for many years.  Being an outsider doesn’t mean he isn’t guilty of those things you just claimed were the problem.

He is enriching himself through the office, he has been a huge part of gridlock and not getting things done...he has cozied up to the press he likes and influence peddlers....he is everything you claim is wrong.  

Lol, so ridiculous. Trump is only an outsider in that he’s never held public office before. But if you define the establishment/ swamp as someone who pays to play, who knows all the politicians and uses influence and cash to get what he wants, who only cares about personal gain and is willing to game the system and doesn’t mind corruption, then Trump is your man. He is Swampy McSwampguy, and has been for the last 40 years. 

I guess it depends on what you want to get accomplished, and what problems you want to have fixed.  Based on what you’ve written in the past, I would honestly rather have gridlock than allow you to have your way on several issues. 
I’m pretty mainstream by real world standards.  Sadly, that make me Mussolini by echo chamber standards.  

I’m pretty mainstream by real world standards.  Sadly, that make me Mussolini by echo chamber standards.  
Well let’s see. Here is my understanding of you, but please correct me if I am wrong: 

1. You want a wall across our southern border. 

2. You want most or all undocumented immigrants already here deported. 

3. You believe that climate change is a hoax and you want to stop spending money on it. 

Is this fair? 

But he has been connected to Washington for many years.  Being an outsider doesn’t mean he isn’t guilty of those things you just claimed were the problem.

He is enriching himself through the office, he has been a huge part of gridlock and not getting things done...he has cozied up to the press he likes and influence peddlers....he is everything you claim is wrong.  
False. 

He has fought fake news outlets and demanded accountability from the press like nobody else. 

Gridlock predated Trump by almost 20 years  

He doesn’t even take a salary.  Taking a stand for America has tainted his legendary brand and probably cost him money.  Standing up to the liberal establishment has led to boycotting his empire. 

False. 

He has fought fake news outlets and demanded accountability from the press like nobody else. 

Gridlock predated Trump by almost 20 years  

He doesn’t even take a salary.  Taking a stand for America has tainted his legendary brand and probably cost him money.  Standing up to the liberal establishment has led to boycotting his empire. 
He has made up what he calls fake news outlets. While promoting FoxNews which has hosted more actual false stories than those he fights.  And OAN which is even worse.  His administration has legitimized bogus sources like GatewayPundit and Conservative Treehouse and outright liars like Dan Bongino.  He has lied and posted more actual false /fake news than anyone else.  

What accountability has he actually demanded?  Just that people don’t be mean to him or report anything negative if he had his way.  That isn’t commendable...it’s completely unbecoming of our POTUS.  

And gridlock continues with him and some because of him.  Throwing fits and shutting things down when he doesn’t get his wall ring a bell?  How many bills has McConnell kept from the senate floor?

Presidential salary is a drop in the bucket.  Especially when charging the taxpayers for all the uses of his properties as he profits. Especially with the amount we have spent for him to golf on his properties.  The no salary thing was a stunt to make people forget about the other corrupt stuff.

His pathetic actions are what have tainted his brand...while it has also allowed him as potus to charge people even more to get close.

So no...none of what I said is false...far from it.

Well let’s see. Here is my understanding of you, but please correct me if I am wrong: 

1. You want a wall across our southern border. 

2. You want most or all undocumented immigrants already here deported. 

3. You believe that climate change is a hoax and you want to stop spending money on it. 

Is this fair? 
1) Yes

2) I would throw them out if they committed a crime.  I recognize the need for migrant workers and others willing to work and chase the American Dream. 

3). I stay out of the climate change debates.  I feel our planet goes through heating and cooling cycles.  Obviously we are moving away from an Ice Age and need to do something.   I feel overpopulation is an issue especially in developing countries.  I would like to see the US invest more in mass transit.  Any infrastructure plan needs to include plans for sea walls and other planning. So I disagree with that assertion.  

1) Yes

2) I would throw them out if they committed a crime.  I recognize the need for migrant workers and others willing to work and chase the American Dream. 

3). I stay out of the climate change debates.  I feel our planet goes through heating and cooling cycles.  Obviously we are moving away from an Ice Age and need to do something.   I feel overpopulation is an issue especially in developing countries.  I would like to see the US invest more in mass transit.  Any infrastructure plan needs to include plans for sea walls and other planning. So I disagree with that assertion.  
Fair enough. I’m sure if I questioned you more you would be conservative to centrist conservative, not extreme. But your partisanship and defense of Donald Trump Is rather extreme IMO. 

Blatant falsehood, unless you have some serious links for B.  

Blatant falsehood, unless you have some serious links for B.  
I have and seriously. Some of you all whined and complained about blatant falsehoods as reported me to the point i was called out and told not to say it.  Since then multiple users have posted those same words towards me to do nothing more than troll.  Just stop.

Amd I have explained in B what he did that was bolded in KDs post.  If you need more proof of gridlock in his administration or enriching himself there are plenty out there.

I’m going to regret wasting my time on this but...

For me, and many other people of all political stripes, the 2016 election was NOT about the typical GOP vs Dem BS.

Ive said this multiple times.  

When GHWB was elected I was not happy.  When GWB was elected I was not happy.  But I was not irate.

If Dole or McCain or Romney had won I would have not been happy but I would not have been angered.

In 2016 if another republican had won (maybe even Ted Cruz) I would not have lost my [poop].

My politics may not agree with the above mentioned men but I would have accepted the results.  And I would have thought/hoped that they would have done, what was in their heart, was best for America.  

Trump is an entirely different story.  Period.  

It saddens me as an American, as a teacher of history, and as a decent human being that this is not obvious.

I have and seriously. Some of you all whined and complained about blatant falsehoods as reported me to the point i was called out and told not to say it.  Since then multiple users have posted those same words towards me to do nothing more than troll.  Just stop.

Amd I have explained in B what he did that was bolded in KDs post.  If you need more proof of gridlock in his administration or enriching himself there are plenty out there.
So no links or facts.  Just your opinion.  Thanks.  

I must have missed you finally getting popped for “blatant falsehood.”  I would have defended you. It was like your own “Avengers Assemble, “ The Ray Lewis pre-game boogie, or Harry Carey’s “Cubs Win”

:kicksrock:

Sorry.  You can miss a lot on here when you go to bed or head outside to enjoy the global warming.  

RIP. Blatant Falsehood (2016-2019)

So no links or facts.  Just your opinion.  Thanks.  
Just as many links as you had about Schumer and Pelosi.  Do you really need links to what bills are being held up?  Links showing that the federal government pays money to Trump for use of his properties? That Trump plays a lot of good on his own properties?

Just as many links as you had about Schumer and Pelosi.  Do you really need links to what bills are being held up?  Links showing that the federal government pays money to Trump for use of his properties? That Trump plays a lot of good on his own properties?
Mar a Lago is the Southern White House.  Of course he does a lot of good there and should be fully protected   I’m glad we agree    

:hifive:

Mar a Lago is the Southern White House.  Of course he does a lot of good there and should be fully protected   I’m glad we agree    

:hifive:
Mar a Lago is an unnecessary luxury that we are subsidizing while lining his pockets.  We don’t agree.  But glad you agree there isn’t really a link needed to show he is enriching himself through the office which you claimed was a problem with the swamp.

Mar a Lago is an unnecessary luxury that we are subsidizing while lining his pockets.  We don’t agree.  But glad you agree there isn’t really a link needed to show he is enriching himself through the office which you claimed was a problem with the swamp.
Yeah isn't it great we get to pay him to protect him.

So no links then. Understandably you never provide links to back know up your claims when asked to do so.  That's one reason they are so blatant. 

Holding politicians accountable for enriching themselves through the offices of which they were elected (or appointed) only applied to the Clinton's and other Democratic office holders at that time. Now, today, who cares? Clinton's did it, Obama's did it (right?,) so why shouldn't DJT get to do it too?

The effing hypocrisy from conservatives is absolutely disgusting. Mind you, I'm not a big fan of liberals either but, I gotta say, conservatives just keep sinking lower and lower every single year. That bar they have to jump over is the lowest I've seen it in my lifetime. Pathetic. Just like our dear leader.

Heinous Misstatement. 

Many Presidents have had other residences and vacation spots protected by secret service at taxpayer expense   Trump is a rock star celebrity like no other President we have ever had  Sadly, it costs us more to allow him to live the life he is accustomed to before becoming president   In my opinion, it Is a small price to pay for a man of his caliber leading our great nation   

Heinous Misstatement. 

Many Presidents have had other residences and vacation spots protected by secret service at taxpayer expense   Trump is a rock star celebrity like no other President we have ever had  Sadly, it costs us more to allow him to live the life he is accustomed to before becoming president   In my opinion, it Is a small price to pay for a man of his caliber leading our great nation   
Nothing misstated or heinous about my post.  But you know what you were doing with that.  Pretty sad.

Which of those presidents spent as much time at those properties as Trump has with Mar a Lago?  Which Presidents have made that much money off of such properties as Trump has off of Mar a Lago and other Trump properties?

The only thing you got right in your statement was that this nation is great...and that is despite his poor leadership.  A man of "his" caliber should never be leading our great nation.

I bet you love watching that video don’t you? Its probably your go to video whenever you have a bad day- after all Im convinced that pissing off liberals remains the primary reason so many conservatives continue  to support Trump. 

10 examples. Can you name the news reporter who speaks in a single one of them? Hint: the answer is zero. They’re all pundits and opinion makers. You’re making the same flawed argument as before. 
The clips shown were from CBS, NBC, CNN, ABC, PBS....I can't name a "journalist" for any of them.
Every one of these "journalists" are missing the biggest story of our lifetime while trying to get rid of President Trump.

Hell...Martha Raddatz is seen almost crying in this clip...yet she hosted the 2nd Presidential Debate!

I'm saying that, for the MSM...the two, (pundits and journalists) are not mutually exclusive...not by any means.

Ok....check this out...just about every one of these come from a "NEWS" outlet. (Young Turks excluded).  Look at the logos in the corners of each clip.

Show me how any of this is an "UNBIASED REPORTING" of the news and free of opinions.

Could you even imagine the optimism and jubilation that would have been reported IF Hillary had won??
Get your ***Super High-Quality*** Security / Wealth / Firepower President Trump T-Shirts NOW! *** $1 from every purchase goes to President Trump's 2020 campaign ***
These guys are great.

The opening slide says: "Classic style, comfort and support for President Trump. Link below to order."

The MagaTruthChannel.

Can we take these one at a time? I just watched a fair number of these.

No. 10 - Here's Radditz, and she did not seem to be crying from what I can tell. Do you have a mark?

She referred to an interview with Tim Kaine who said that he had a son in the Marine Corps and he did not trust Trump as commander in chief. "That's a pretty extraordinary thing to say, that you have a son in the Marine Corps, and that you don't trust the Commander in Chief. ... People in the military defend the Constitution."

Trump of course is a notorious draft dodger and none of his children served. His father didn't serve and his grandfather was a draft dodger in Germany. 

Care to discuss this one?

From your video Opie, No. 9 is a guy named Jamelle Bouie who says that Trump's election "suggests were are living through a kind of second redemption, a kind of pushback against the advancement of African-Americans, of Hispanics, of women, of muslim Americans, and I don't know how long we can live with that backlash."

- I'm not sure I really, fully agree with that one, but it was certainly a reasonable position for some people.

No. 8 - NBC - The commentator says that people who voted for Trump were well aware of all the bad stuff that comes with him. "People voted for Trump because they thought he might be a kind of political chemo who might wipe out this corrupt cancer in Washington. They're willing to tolerate all that bad to get some dramatic change."

- Opie, sounds like something you'd agree with, yes? I guess I'm surprised you're mocking it?

Honestly you should look at No. 8 again, I think you'd agree with the commentary there.

No. 7 is interesting, I don't know who that guy is but he states: "I can tell you where they're celebrating - in Moscow - they probably engaged in intelligence operations that ended up playing a factor in the race."

Boy was that spot on, especially considering Trump's self-confessional tweet today and Mueller's report and press.

Again, odd you'd enjoy this one I guess, Opes, but it was a very good observation considering the time.

No. 6: "There are probably a number of Hispanics who are fearful of being deported. There are probably people of color who are fearful some of the tensions you may see at Trump rallies... may feel emboldened to act a certain way."

- Well the point about Hispanics is undoubtedly true - I was in Houston this past weekend and a woman was telling me how her long time family housekeeper/nanny was facing deportation despite having lived her whole adult life in the US.  And Charlottesville happened.

Opie, I'd have to think you'd agree that was pretty good analysis yes?

Users who are viewing this thread