What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jay Ajayi to Eagles (1 Viewer)

IMO, not good for him ROS with the crowded situation, but long term yes. Blount is gone and Smallwood isn't the answer.

And I was hoping to get Drake this week to handcuff - won't get him now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing the deal reported all over the twitter universe.

For a 4th?  Nice deal for PHI.  Man, RBs have lost capital in the NFL in a big way.

Not sure how I feel as an Ajayi owner. Who's the guy to pick up off WW in Miami now, Drake?

:shock: Eagles making a big move to help their running game and make a run for the Superbowl this year;  Ajayi grumblings earned him a trade to a team that could contend. Now please move T.Y. Hilton!

IMO, not good for him ROS with the crowded situation, but long term yes. Blount is gone and Smallwood isn't the answer.

And I was hoping to get Drake this week to handcuff - won't get him now. 
He's only got one more year on his contract, right?

I would take 16 carries from ajayi in philly over 25 in miami if i was an ajayi owner. i guess this signals a big demotion for blount.

gase trading one of his best players on a terrible offense is mind boggling.

They didn't trade for Ajayi because they liked what they were getting from their current corps.
Agreed, but Blount hasn't entirely crapped the bed in recent weeks. Ajayi does give them a power back with more versatility in the passing game though, to be sure.

Hopefully they can get him up to speed by Sunday. And the guy gets another bye week in week 10 for his efforts.

As an Ajayi owner in a redraft league, it cannot get any worse.  I'd rather have him in Philly than Miami.  I wouldn't touch a Miami RB moving forward.  That OL is horrific....

Everyone wants it to be Drake because they invested an early pick in him but he has shown nothing. Probably a fairly even split but I think Williams will put up better numbers.
The new coach will get his own guy next year.

Warren Sharp‏Verified account @SharpFootball 8m8 minutes ago

Ajayi to PHI -> schedule analysis: Tough week 9 game obviously. After that? #1 easiest run Ds in the NFL by far, via https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/2017-strength-of-schedule--off-.html …

They didn't trade for Ajayi because they liked what they were getting from their current corps.
I own zero Blount stock, but the guy is averaging 4.7 ypc as an early down bruiser. He's also had literally zero garbage time (only 7 carries while behind and those were in one score game situations). I'm not sure what more they could want from him.

Are people really going to pick up a Dolphin RB after what we saw the past 7 weeks? The team does not have one rushing TD from a RB this year. But by all means, hurry to scoop up a RB who might share time on the worst offense in the leagues with a stud RB, who has been shut out twice...then come back and give us advice on football with a serious tone and see if you cant even crack a smile.

A lot of good that volume has done. 
Still got 10 points in PPR leagues last week despite that horror. My only concern is the possible split, but I think they run him ragged this Sunday and let him rest up through the bye.

Matthew Berry‏Verified account @MatthewBerryTMR 16m16 minutes ago

This is great for Ajayi. Has another bye week BUT behind a much better O line / offense...back as a legit RB1. Hurts Blount in a big way obv

Matthew Berry‏Verified account @MatthewBerryTMR 13m13 minutes ago

Matthew Berry Retweeted Matthew Berry

Even w/ less volume than in MIA just a much better situation for Ajayi. Would be v happy right now if I had Ajayi or if I was a PHI fan

Matthew Berry‏Verified account @MatthewBerryTMR 6m6 minutes ago

Matthew Berry Retweeted Matthew Berry

In Miami big up in value for Kenyan Drake and Damien Williams but not sure it matters. Not convinced they can run/score a lot effectively.

Warren Sharp‏Verified account @SharpFootball 8m8 minutes ago

Ajayi to PHI -> schedule analysis: Tough week 9 game obviously. After that? #1 easiest run Ds in the NFL by far, via https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/2017-strength-of-schedule--off-.html …
Warren knows his #### :thumbup:

Are people really going to pick up a Dolphin RB after what we saw the past 7 weeks? The team does not have one rushing TD from a RB this year. But by all means, hurry to scoop up a RB who might share time on the worst offense in the leagues with a stud RB, who has been shut out twice...then come back and give us advice on football with a serious tone and see if you cant even crack a smile.
I am not excited about nor will I spend much of anything for it, but a RB getting work in the NFL is always worth testing the waters on. Maybe Drake can do something in the passing game Ajayi couldn't. 

As a Wentz owner, I'm all for more weapons. Carson's already having an amazing year and one more RB to keep the defense honest hopefully means he can keep up the TD pass production.

6 teams on bye and Elliott suspended. I'm glad your roster is in great shape. Some people need a RB2 and starting RBs shouldn't be unrostered in any event.

Users who are viewing this thread