What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best and Worst Halloween Candy (1 Viewer)

Worst- those stupid things that were round and wrapped in black or orange

Best - new for me...snickers xscream

Best:  Hershey bars, Reese's, M&Ms
Good:  Sweet tarts, Smarties, Pixie sticks (the only candy you can eat or snort)
Meh:  3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Jolly Ranchers, Starburst
Bad:  Candy corn, anything with coconut, fruit, Butterfinger (or as it should have been named, Teeth Spackle).

I don't like candy bars with nuts but won't blame people for giving those out.

And count me in the full-size candy bar crowd.  As a little kid I vowed I would give out full size bars when I was an adult, and I have every year. Though this year only had like 7 kids. :(

Good:  Sweet tarts, Smarties, Pixie sticks (the only candy you can eat or snort)
Bad:  Candy corn, anything with coconut, fruit, Butterfinger (or as it should have been named, Teeth Spackle).

And count me in the full-size candy bar crowd.  As a little kid I vowed I would give out full size bars when I was an adult, and I have every year. Though this year only had like 7 kids. :(
 My grandaughter of 2 1/2 years was a bumble bee tonight. This one couple liked her costume so much, they reached into their "special" bag and gave her a 4x6 Hershey's Bar. Quite the haul.

Worst - that peanut butter taffy in the black or orange wrapper 

Best - full size anything

One year a neighbor gave out 'Mr. Yuk' stickers - (a poison control sticker).  Car was covered in eggs the next morning.

One year a neighbor gave out 'Mr. Yuk' stickers - (a poison control sticker).  Car was covered in eggs the next morning.
Tough. But fair. 

My grandaughter of 2 1/2 years was a bumble bee tonight. This one couple liked her costume so much, they reached into their "special" bag and gave her a 4x6 Hershey's Bar. Quite the haul.
Aw, that's awesome.

Back when I first moved to my subdivision and people did Halloween more, I had a neighbor mention this exchange at a garage sale down the street aways:

Person 1: "So I was talking to Greg the other day and he said..."
Person 2: "Who?"
Person 1: "Lives down on the corner."
Person 2: "Not sure I can picture him."
Person 1: "Gives out full-size Hershey bars on Halloween."
Person 2: "Oh!  Him!"

popeye said:

I agree with all of these things.

Bolded: There never has been anything fun about "fun size".

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst = Necco wafers
Just as a note the same guy who swooped in to save Twinkies just bought up Necco wafers and Sweethearts.  The man is a saint, I tell you.

Worst:  Candy Corn
Love candy corn but all the variations (like the small pumpkins and the ones with "chocolate" are crap.)  The original is still pretty tasty and a great coffee table candy this time of year.

ETA - I'm not passing out candy corn for Halloween - that's nuts.  But it's a nice little snack.

Users who are viewing this thread