What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Messes (1 Viewer)

Sarlakticacid

Footballguy
What do you make of the RB Situations of these teams. Standard or PPR

NYG 
Gallman
Darkwa

Mia
Williams 
Drake

Was
Kelly
Perine
Thompson 

NYJ
Forte
Powell

Ranks for ROS if you wish

They are all messes.    That is what I make of those situations.   You left out some other messes too.  

What an odd list. 

If we are talking about messes at the RB position across the NFL there are many other that deserve to be discussed.

Seems like an attempt to cleverly disguise a post in the SP that should be in a different forum

Don't see a huge deal with the Redskins.  You want Thompson and that's it.  He's a top 10 RB in PPR.  Almost every team in the NFL has a mess at RB right now though.

Sarlakticacid said:

NYG 
Gallman
Darkwa

Mia
Williams 
Drake

Was
Kelly
Perine
Thompson 

NYJ
Forte
Powell

I'm not sure I'd want to roster anyone other than Thompson and Drake from that entire list. Thompson because he's PPR gold and despite his size, his snap count has actually trended up the past few weeks; Drake because we don't really know what he can do - he's most likely no better than half the other names here, but he could be a lead back, and even a small chance at that is well worth a roster spot at this point in the season.

Everyone else on this list is just a placeholder IMO. None of them are the kind of low-percentage, high-payoff names that can win titles, which is typically what I'm targeting with my RB depth in the latter part of the season. 

I'm not sure I'd want to roster anyone other than Thompson and Drake from that entire list. Thompson because he's PPR gold and despite his size, his snap count has actually trended up the past few weeks; Drake because we don't really know what he can do - he's most likely no better than half the other names here, but he could be a lead back, and even a small chance at that is well worth a roster spot at this point in the season.

Everyone else on this list is just a placeholder IMO. None of them are the kind of low-percentage, high-payoff names that can win titles, which is typically what I'm targeting with my RB depth in the latter part of the season. 
I think Darkwa is a hold for another few weeks.

What an odd list. 

If we are talking about messes at the RB position across the NFL there are many other that deserve to be discussed.

Seems like an attempt to cleverly disguise a post in the SP that should be in a different forum
Minus Thompson all these guys are FAs in my 12 team league hence the odd list. I can not make sense of it.

I can't recall a season where so many teams have RBs nobody wants for fantasy purposes

Sarlakticacid said:

NYG 
Gallman
Darkwa

Mia
Williams 
Drake

Was
Kelly
Perine
Thompson 

NYJ
Forte
Powell

I’m rostering some of them but really if you plan on starting anyone but Thompson good luck. None of them are good and the situations are pretty bad too.

I love RB messes & bye weeks.

Anything that requires more analysis, game film study, & understanding situations / likely game flow is a positive for a good FF player. It gives you an advantage over average players who manage by box score but don’t really know football.

I love RB messes & bye weeks.

Anything that requires more analysis, game film study, & understanding situations / likely game flow is a positive for a good FF player. It gives you an advantage over average players who manage by box score but don’t really know football.
That is an excellent point 

So the question for me is what to do with Bilal Powell. He is on my bench as somebody who wouldn't crack my lineup unless there was injury as we can only start two running backs and I already have Martin Mixon Zeke Morris and Marlon Mack.

Would it make sense to drop Powell for possible lottery ticket in Drake has one running back mess or Eddie Lacy since there are Rumblings from the coaching staff that he's going to get the start and be used heavily.

So the question for me is what to do with Bilal Powell. He is on my bench as somebody who wouldn't crack my lineup unless there was injury as we can only start two running backs and I already have Martin Mixon Zeke Morris and Marlon Mack.

Would it make sense to drop Powell for possible lottery ticket in Drake has one running back mess or Eddie Lacy since there are Rumblings from the coaching staff that he's going to get the start and be used heavily.
True. We could definitely add Seattle to this thread

If you go by coach speak Lacy is getting his shot this week. Sounds like coaches are going to give him a full work load. He is a back that needs carries to produce. Like Blount these bigger backs West down defenses and often as game goes on those 1or 2 yard carries become 7 it 8 yards then a few busted 20 yarders. If you only give each back 5 or 6 carries no rhythm develops...

Didn't hurt that they just signed a pro bowl left tackle

Users who are viewing this thread