What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade McKinnon for Brady? (1 Viewer)

What's the best option?

• Keep McKinnon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade for Brady

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Broncobiv

Footballguy
EDIT: No trade possibility anymore...other owner needs Brady now that Watson tore his ACL!

Another owner has Brady for trade because he's starting Deshaun Watson every week.  I need a QB and he needs a RB.  I'd be giving up McKinnon for Brady.

• 1 PPR
  • 6 points all TD
  • 1 point 10 yards rush/rec
  • 1 point 25 yards pass
  • Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE
My roster (normal starters in bold):

J. Brissett, B. Hundley

T. Gurley, J. McKinnon, B. Powell, J. Allen, O. Darkwa, D. McFadden

M. Evans, S. Diggs, K. Allen, P. Garcon, K. Wright

T. Kelce, J. Witten

K, Def

The "best" available QB's on FA are Winston, Eli, Cutler, Stanton, Beathard, and Garoppolo.  The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on this trade already is that I'm afraid of downgrading my starting RB's so much.  McKinnon has been a PPR monster in 3 of the 4 games since Cook went out.  But with Murray there also, he's always going to have the potential for a down game.  Powell is completely unreliable, as is Buck Allen (and Woodhead is returning soon).  Darkwa is just as unreliable, and we don't know what McFadden will do with Zeke out.

Make the trade and throw a dart with my RB2 each week?  Stand pat because Brissett ---> Brady upgrade won't offset McKinnon ---> Powell/Allen/Darkwa downgrade?  Pick up a FA QB?  Leave a link and I'll answer yours, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough trade. I usually would say trade for Brady and I initially selected that in the poll, but after reviewing McKinnon and Brissett, it seems like keeping what you have may be the best idea. There also seems to be enough on the WW to stream versus your RB2 which is weak outside of your rostered spots. Not sure of how points compare 6 pts for all TDs though. 

Thanks for the help with mine.

Take it and don't look back. You can play matchups with your RB 2 each week with Darkwa, McFadden (who I believe will prove to be the back to own in Dallas), Powell and Buck Alllen. And Gurley just had his bye week, which is an added plus.

I'd keep McKinnon. I'm in a similar scenario where I have two solid RB's but little depth beyond those two. Powell isn't a reliable RB2, and Allen is being phased out for Collins/Woodhead (when he returns). See if you could deal Garcon/Powell for a QB. I'd rather deal bench depth when it comes to QB's. 

Users who are viewing this thread