What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ben Carson Vindicated - Grain Storage found in Cheops Pyramid! (1 Viewer)

Actually, the criticism is pretty silly.  Ben is absolutely correct.  Acronyms are used so extensively in government that the acronym becomes the word and you stop thinking about what the letters actually stand for.  If this is what you are going to mock people for, whatever.  
We use a lot of these- NFL, NBA, LOL, NAACP, KKK, OPEC, OSHA, and so on. I know what these are and have nothing to do with them. I know plenty more, but I don’t know everything. I don’t really have a problem if Ben Carson doesn’t know some acronyms except the ones related to the position he has, which he appears to be under qualified for. Even if you aren’t qualified for it, being a smart man and accepting the duties of the position you’d think you’d immerse yourself in it and learn as you go, and could probably point out during the questioning that you’re working hard to learn all the details of the position, instead of talking about OREOs and asking them to be nicer to you. The sheer emotionless, thoughtless blank stare and mumbled “you know the answer to that” bs over and over is insulting. The guy took the job for the status, is in over his head and is just doing what he’s told because he doesn’t know enough about what he’s doing to even form policy. 

Actually, the criticism is pretty silly.  Ben is absolutely correct.  Acronyms are used so extensively in government that the acronym becomes the word and you stop thinking about what the letters actually stand for.  If this is what you are going to mock people for, whatever.  
What the hell are you talking about? "REO" isn't a government acronym. It's a business term.

Ben is absolutely correct. 
Also, Ben wasn't "correct" about anything, because he wasn't trying to make a point about anything. He was just being clueless about a term used in an industry that he (partially) oversees.

You are assuming facts not in evidence, and assigning a motive to Carson's behavior which Carson himself has never claimed to have.

Sorry, are you suggesting he knows what all of these things are, he just doesn’t know what the words mean?

I believe what Jon is suggesting is that Carson DOES know what those things are, and that Carson DOES know what they mean, but that Carson was DELIBERATELY playing dumb to prove a point about the bloated government bureaucracy by showing how ridiculous it is for the government to create acronyms that aren't really acronyms and also weren't created by the government.

I believe what Jon is suggesting is that Carson DOES know what those things are, and that Carson DOES know what they mean, but that Carson was DELIBERATELY playing dumb to prove a point about the bloated government bureaucracy by showing how ridiculous it is for the government to create acronyms that aren't really acronyms and also weren't created by the government.
It's not exactly a convincing argument, though

Users who are viewing this thread